• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Lighthouse of Alexandria?

Tharkunn

I have the plans for Lighthouse of Alexandria and before I build it, I want to understand exactly what it will do. This 60% x 40. Does this mean that for 40 times I click on a building that has produced tools that the harvest will be 60% over what the stated harvest would be? and if so does this stack on top of a Tavern boost. If I have the 40% boost on does this 60% work on top of the 40%.
The + 8 goods every 24 hours. Is this just a random 8 goods produced or does it add 8 goods to all my goods productions?

edit - oops. Left out I am trying to decide between this and the colosseum

Last edited:

CommanderCool1234

Does this mean that for 40 times I click on a building that has produced tools that the harvest will be 60% over what the stated harvest would be? and if so does this stack on top of a Tavern boost. If I have the 40% boost on does this 60% work on top of the 40%.
Yes, that is what the lighthouse does, it does not stack upon a tavern boost they booth affect the base amount for example if your production building produces 10 supplies and you boost from your tavern is 40% and your lighthouse boost is 60% than you get an extra 10 supplies.

Tharkunn

Build the Lighthouse.

Never build Colonobuildem, err, I mean, Colosseum.

It's no coincidence that colon and Colosseum start with the same four letters. They are both full of, ummm, shall we say dooky?
why not the colosseum? All that happiness seems like it would be good.

also... this bit now has me confused- well it always did but I just ignored it but now that I've built it I'm wondering what does it mean "Good production: Produces 9 current goods. (which I've seen) From modern Era on, produces 18 unrefined goods instead." Funny typing this out I now see what it is saying. At some point instead of being in the early middle ages I will be in the modern Era. At which time the 18 unrefined goods kicks in.

Even though I realized what it meant as I typed it I left it there for amusment

Algona

why not the colosseum? All that happiness seems like it would be good.

It would be good. Except there is so much more you can do with the space. Colonobuildem uses 49 tiles and gives 1100 Happiness at lvl 1. The Iron Age Cultural Building Public Baths uses 16 tiles and gives 540 Happiness or if Polished gives 1080 Happiness.

You can do a lot with that extra 33 tiles.

As you move up in Era, the Cultural Buildings become even more efficient providing more Happiness per tile rapidly outpacing even a lvled Colosseum.

Yeah, you could lvl it up, but the FPs you put into Colo could be put into another GB with better benefits.

You don't have to believe me, take a look at the top ranked players in your Neighborhood, Guild, Friends, or World.

----------

BTW, same applies to Notre Dame. Don't build either.

Happiness is a relatively easy Resource to manage in early Eras without needing GBs to do so early in city development. Look for the most efficient per tile Cultural Buildings (avoid Decorations) from the build menu and having the most current road.

When you do get to the point of wanting a GB to help with Happiness most folks turn to one of two GBs: Hagia and Alcatraz.

By the time you need either, you'll prolly know which you want. If not, ask here and soemone can help you.

CaptainKirk1234

Colosuem, in my opinion is the worst great building, so much waste of space for a few medals, if you want to for some reason place it, don't, you will get more medals from incidents, if you are in IA get a public bath or a Aqeuduct if you are after the happiness.

DeletedUser

Colloseum and Notre Dame are for collectors only , they are junk

Glockgemini

Unless you rush thru BA and IA, you should have plenty of happiness in EMA, assuming you have a couple of event specials. L2 Gates and Faces are big happiness boosts now and provide some combat bonus. The Colon GB is a complete waste even at L10. So is the NoBigDeal Castle. The LoA is okay but not necessary to build up a good cache of supplies. Even combat based specials produce some supplies. Coin boosts are a total waste too because almost all specials produce coins at a shocking rate.
Concentrate on combat and FP GBs. You will always need those.

Ebeondi Asi

To mention. Coins can buy Forge Points. This is a big deal. So I find St marks to be well worth the space. I produce 6,000,000 Coins a day (in Colonial). and use them up to make Forge Points a lot. So I like Marks.
Agree though on combat GBs. even if you do not battle much. you should have them. (basically if you changed your style from negotiations to fighting on demand, and did not have them you are S.O.L. Plus they give useful secondary bonuses anyway. (except Zeus)

Ebeondi Asi

Great Buildings? no the LoA does not increase other Great buildings. Yes it does increase the supply output from a Event Building that offers supplies. Remember each use of any kind will use up one of the LoA daily units.
The worst are Quests where you have to produce many five minute or fifteen minute runs of supplies. I just did them and ignored the fact they ruined my normal extra supplies

Beorn Bear

Does LoA boost supplies from special event buildings? How about other GB like Himiji?
Great Buildings? no the LoA does not increase other Great buildings. Yes it does increase the supply output from a Event Building that offers supplies. Remember each use of any kind will use up one of the LoA daily units.
The worst are Quests where you have to produce many five minute or fifteen minute runs of supplies. I just did them and ignored the fact they ruined my normal extra supplies
To clarify this answer, the LoA boost works with multi-production event/special buildings, but only when the cycle chosen produces supplies. For example, if you have the Arena of Victors special building and choose the 5 minute production cycle, the LoA (and any other active boost) would increase the amount produced. If you chose one of the other cycles, however, it would not.

Glockgemini

To mention. Coins can buy Forge Points. This is a big deal. So I find St marks to be well worth the space. I produce 6,000,000 Coins a day (in Colonial). and use them up to make Forge Points a lot. So I like Marks.
Agree though on combat GBs. even if you do not battle much. you should have them. (basically if you changed your style from negotiations to fighting on demand, and did not have them you are S.O.L. Plus they give useful secondary bonuses anyway. (except Zeus)
Negotiators will be shocked to see how fast their goods build up once they start fighting through GE and GBG. I see lots of low levelers trying to trade goods so they can keep negotiating. Much cheaper to build up the combat GBs and concentrate on event specials with good combat bonuses.

Emberguard

edit - oops. Left out I am trying to decide between this and the colosseum
Between those two? Lighthouse of Alex everytime. LoA you’ll need to keep up with supplies if you’re only using what’s normally available for your age. Even if you use advanced GBs the LoA will be handy to have

The colosseum? It’ll be redundant after 5 minutes. It’s not something that retains value and the stats are too low for the size of the building to do much