• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Little Tips for newcomers, by a newcomer

DeletedUser31505

Hey there, just a heads up to those who are just starting out and beginning to expand, but keep a 4x4 area open if you can for building.

Between Daily Quests, and side quests, i realized too late that i need a place to build, and filling all available land with buildings makes that impossible.

It is also helpful if you suddenly get a Daily Quest to do certain productions (ie, 18, 4 hour productions like my current one) so you can throw up a couple Hunters (minimal cost, quick to build) to help complete the quest with more time as a buffer.

Another tip is to focus your tech tree on coins and supplies. Made that mistake myself of focusing too much on 'equal research' and found myself in the Iron age with too few supplies.

Also AID AID AID. You can get BPs, and form a good relationship with neighbors and later on guild-mates.

Feel free to add tips as you think of them, im sure others have little tricks and strategies they wont mind sharing!

Algona

Upgrade your Friends Tavern with more Chairs and better Tablecloths as fast as you can. More Chairs = more Tavern Silver. Better tablecloths make people want to be your Friend. Save the tray and carpet upfrades for later.

Increase your Friends as fast as you can. More Friends = more Aids given and received. Don't waste Friends spaces on low Era players. Look for higher Era players (better BPs when you Aid) with Red Tablecloths (more chance of an FP when you visit) for Friends You can find High Era Friends by looking at people sitting at other Taverns,

Don't build Colosseum or Notre Dame.

Join the highest ranked Guild you can find that suits your play style.

DeletedUser28670

If you want to camp in an age.
Keep a few techs unlocked.
Collect on Time
Assign a good defence
Quest looping IMHO for new players it is the most straightforward and easy way to go (build supply buildings, quest them,) NOTE:eek:bviously there Is a lot more to quest looping but that's Quest Looping for Dummies.

DeletedUser31592

Guild Hop until you reach Iron Age and can participate in the Guild Expedition. Specifically, guild hop until the Monday after you reach Iron Age. You can't participate in the GE until a new one starts on Tuesday. On Monday, find a guild to join and stay- at least for the week.
Guild hopping will set your coins up so you shouldn't have a shortage any time soon and it will let you accumulate a ton of BPs.

Guild hopping is joining a guild, aiding everyone, then leaving it to join another. This way you can aid a TON of people.

DeletedUser31392

Guild hopping is joining a guild, aiding everyone, then leaving it to join another. This way you can aid a TON of people.

Don't forget to check the Guild Market for some sweet deals on Goods! Can't tell you how many times I've seen 10 stone for 20 glass or various trades like that. Always worth the extra few seconds;)

DeletedUser26965

keep a 4x4 area open if you can for building
That's not just good advice for newcomers but for every single player who also wants to do Events and Daily Challenges but I would not necessarily say keep a such and such area open rather beware there may be times where you'll need space to do something to fulfill a quests needs so you may have to make room to build stuff, either that or they can just keep complaining to add "or" conditions to quests so they don't have to.;)