• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Locked out of almost all quests since update

Anaujiram

Maybe there's a workaround but none I or my guild can see. My city is parked in EMA to support my guild with goods. Since I started I have done my recurring and daily quests, including research and taking sectors on the map. Over time, the map became too difficult/expensive to do from EMA (I'm up to Indy on the map now). 20/20 hindsight tells me what I should have done differently, so please refrain from telling me what I should have done because the point is that I'm here now and didn't know at the time. So here's where I am:

1) One recurring wants me to do research, but it will force me to advance in age so that recurring quest is dead;
2) I now have these "bonus quests" that require me to take two entire provinces on the map which are like 4 ages higher than I am (not sectors...provinces);
3) Around half of my dailies require taking sectors, so I lose the daily every other day or so;
4) None can be aborted.

This is not fair. I understand trying to "move people along" but you shouldn't starve people out who want to stay put to support their guilds. as a strategy. It is a strategy game after all, right? I literally get one daily quest every other day and that's it, and every day I play it's like a big cloud of negativity against Inno every time I see it. If there's not a workaround other than advancing ages (to unlock one quest) I really hope Inno will consider this scenario and open up the questlines again.

Thanks!

BruteForceAttack

Try and get goods from the guild...and negotiate the sectors... Don't scout any more provinces, because if there are no open provinces DQ will not ask anything to do with C-map. Lastly Inno shouldn't be in the biz of change the game setup just cauze you have made some choices... you can still age up :)

Agent327

Yes, it is a strategy game and you picked a strategy that will get you nowhere. Why should that be rewarded? You still have the opportunity to change it yourselff. You do not want to. That sort of ends the discussion.

To produce goods of an age, you do not have to be in that age. You can still do so from a higher age.

wolfhoundtoo

Are you producing EMA goods for GBG, GE or GVG (or all 3)?

Depending on how many other EMA players there are you can eliminate the need for EMA goods in GBG if there are no players in EMA before GBG starts as the selection of goods that are needed is based on the ages of the players in the guild at the time that GBG starts.

Anaujiram

Are you producing EMA goods for GBG, GE or GVG (or all 3)?

Depending on how many other EMA players there are you can eliminate the need for EMA goods in GBG if there are no players in EMA before GBG starts as the selection of goods that are needed is based on the ages of the players in the guild at the time that GBG starts.

This is interesting info. The goods are for the treasury for GBG to build SC's, etc. plus of course for negotiating in GBG and GE. We have few EMA players therefore few EMA goods. Maybe we should have no EMA players...

@BruteForceAttack - Also good info. I'll grind through where I find myself and stop scouting. Inno actually asked me to come here and post this.

@Agent327 - Yep. It was actually a lack of strategy as a new player and I just kind of found myself here. My earlier guilds were not as helpful as my current guild, but I met them too late. I'm not asking to be rewarded, just to keep the abort option and not be locked out entirely over this one series of events.

Anaujiram

Brief update: I had the guild help with goods to clear the two provinces and completed the quest. The next non-abortable quest is to scout another province and acquire it, so IMO the situation "choosing to get myself out of it" only made things worse, not better.

Lando6

Hey Anaujiram, If you look at the title of your "non-abortable" bonus quest, do a search for it in the wiki that I can't remember if I am allowed to name. Then you should be able to figure out how much further you have to go in order to get out of this predicament. I'm assuming you are in the Indy bonus questline. I would suggest you take a look at the Higher Age Units guide, just in case you want to get higher age units in the future, but the Indy bonus line can screw you if you are not careful. Hope you find a way around your issue. I've been in your shoes.

RazorbackPirate

Brief update: I had the guild help with goods to clear the two provinces and completed the quest. The next non-abortable quest is to scout another province and acquire it, so IMO the situation "choosing to get myself out of it" only made things worse, not better.
What kind of non-abortable quest is it? Story or Bonus? If bonus, you're stuck until you age up to Indy.

Anaujiram

you should be able to figure out how much further you have to go in order to get out of this predicament.

These are bonus questlines on the story quest tab. So I finished No Rest, now have Cold Dead Hands (scout and acquire another province), next is Counterattack (scout and acquire another province), then Bandit Raid (acquire more sectors in another province), then the next one will be to do research which will require me to advance in age or continue to lock me out of the quests, just like the other story quest, then there are three more scout and acquire quests.

Oh, well. I'm looking into the guild eliminating players in EMA (only 4) so as not to need the goods so much in GBG per @wolfhoundtoo above. That will alow me to advance in age which will help a bit.

Thanks for all your input!

Last edited:

Lando6

If helping your guild is hurting you this much, then you definitely need to help yourself first. This is a team game, but don't let the helping the team put you in a terrible spot as a player. Then the game becomes stressful and no longer fun.

RazorbackPirate

These are bonus questlines on the story quest tab. So I finished No Rest, now have Cold Dead Hands (scout and acquire another province), next is Counterattack (scout and acquire another province), then Bandit Raid (acquire more sectors in another province), then the next one will be to do research which will require me to advance in age or continue to lock me out of the quests, just like the other story quest, then there are three more scout and acquire quests.

Oh, well. I'm looking into the guild eliminating players in EMA (only 4) so as not to need the goods so much in GBG per @wolfhoundtoo above. That will alow me to advance in age which will help a bit.

Thanks for all your input!
Wow. You get yourself in a predicament so you;re going to kick 4 people to get out of it? That's cold on a level I've rarely seen.

I feel sorry for any of the other members of Rogue Knights on Fel Dranghyr. Seems to me folks should jump now, before you mess up again and kick them too.

I'm sure you expect loyalty from your guild members, but when it's your turn, "screw 'em, there's only four." Wow.

Anaujiram

@Lando6 It's at that point. I just told them I'm going to advance in age and leave some goods producers in EMA. It's enough of a sacrifice to stay in age let alone be painted into a corner like this (and yes, I know I albeit unwittingly painted myself into the corner). I wasn't sure if Inno intended this or not, hence the post, but suspect they want everyone to move along. Advancing doesn't help the Indy bonus quest lock, though.

Anaujiram

@RazorbackPirate I was going to assume you were being sarcastic but since you had to call my guild and world out (for whatever reason) I have to assume you weren't. The idea is to advance members out of EMA in the event it means we don't need them there as goods producers for GBG, etc. Being that I am one of the 4 EMA members, by your logic I would be saying that I would kick myself out, as well.

Last edited:

Agent327

@Lando6 It's at that point. I just told them I'm going to advance in age and leave some goods producers in EMA. It's enough of a sacrifice to stay in age let alone be painted into a corner like this (and yes, I know I albeit unwittingly painted myself into the corner). I wasn't sure if Inno intended this or not, hence the post, but suspect they want everyone to move along. Advancing doesn't help the Indy bonus quest lock, though.

Inno intended it. They expect you to move forward in ages.

RazorbackPirate

@RazorbackPirate I was going to assume you were being sarcastic but since you had to call my guild and world out (for whatever reason) I have to assume you weren't. The idea is to advance members out of EMA in the event it means we don't need them there as goods producers for GBG, etc. Being that I am one of the 4 EMA members, by your logic I would be saying that I would kick myself out, as well.
'Cause kicking three makes you 1/4 less cold?

GeniePower

The Lady Redneck

Any member that can't carry their weight in providing treasury is not a team player.
I agree with you 100% Nowadays in the game it is not hard to get goods to donate to the guild treasury. There are GBs and Event buildings that you can get to do that for you. You can even keep Event buildings in different Eras if that is what the guild needs. No guild can grow stronger if it is help back by members who sit and do nothing to help. If someone just wants to play a solo game and are not willing to join in and be active, then they should go join one of the many silent guilds that cater for solo players.

The Lady Redneck

Over time, the map became too difficult/expensive to do from EMA (I'm up to Indy on the map now). 20/20 hindsight tells me what I should have done differently, so please refrain from telling me what I should have done because the point is that I'm here now and didn't know at the time. So here's where I am:
Getting to far ahead in the Cmap It is a mistake that a lot have made. 2 ways to deal with it
1. Delete that city and start again in a new world as you have will have learned not to do it again.
2. Stick with what you have and set yourself the task of sorting things out. In that case you need to forget the Cmap until you have caught up with yourself. The chances are you will have lost out a lot on what you might have gained if you had taken it slower. From EMA to FE I never went any more than 2 eras ahead. And I always left any dead end Techs undone if I could so that I had them available to fulfill a "complete a tech" quest further along. But I was fortunate to get help and advice from some VERY knowledgeable players early on.
There is not work round your situation now though. You have hit a brick wall so have to move up through the Ages until you can move forward. If your guild is good, it will help you. it will also help the other EMA players so you can all keep moving up at the same time. Ask them what GBs Etc they want you to aim on getting. If they need lower age goods then it is up to them to recruit more members in those ages. If they expect you (and others) to remain there so long it hurts your game, then look for another guild.

RazorbackPirate

And yes, it is reasonable to ask members in any age to provide treasury goods that are needed for essential tasks like opening GE levels and building camps. Any member that can't carry their weight in providing treasury is not a team player.
I don't disagree, but that's not what you said. Not even close.
Oh, well. I'm looking into the guild eliminating players in EMA (only 4) so as not to need the goods so much in GBG per @wolfhoundtoo above. That will allow me to advance in age which will help a bit.
That's not asking for a goods donation, nor is it asking them to age up. I called you out on it, now you're all... "but I meant..."

Yeah, you meant and got called out on it.