• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Locked out of almost all quests since update

GeniePower

I don't disagree, but that's not what you said. Not even close.
I'm not the topic starter but it's *your* interpretation of what he said. You can eliminate the players or you can eliminate them being in EMA. What he wrote was ambiguous and you insist your interpretation is the only one.
you just opened a pandora box, man. casuals gonna attack you so hard on this comment
Casuals can go to casual guilds that don't open those levels and don't play BG. If you want to profit from GE 4 opening and farm BG, you're not a casual but a freeloader if you don't carry your weight

Anaujiram

Yeah, you meant and got called out on it.
I used the word eliminate in the context of a previous post referring to eliminating players from being in a particular age. You could have read it in that context but you chose to flame rather than simply ask what was meant. Too bad you only assume the worst and have to double down on it. Must suck.

As for everyone else, thanks for actually being helpful in regards to the topic and confirming where I've landed and what my options are. Having spent over a year staying in EMA to help the guild with goods (and since you know who they are now you can ask them yourselves) they agree I should advance so I can start taking advantage of CF bonuses again, etc. We also may start looking at consolidating players in certain ages as a next step. The metrics with event buildings etc. give a lot more options in this regard.

Forge on!

Wwwoodchuck

Maybe there's a workaround but none I or my guild can see. My city is parked in EMA to support my guild with goods. Since I started I have done my recurring and daily quests, including research and taking sectors on the map. Over time, the map became too difficult/expensive to do from EMA (I'm up to Indy on the map now). 20/20 hindsight tells me what I should have done differently, so please refrain from telling me what I should have done because the point is that I'm here now and didn't know at the time. So here's where I am:

1) One recurring wants me to do research, but it will force me to advance in age so that recurring quest is dead;
2) I now have these "bonus quests" that require me to take two entire provinces on the map which are like 4 ages higher than I am (not sectors...provinces);
3) Around half of my dailies require taking sectors, so I lose the daily every other day or so;
4) None can be aborted.

This is not fair. I understand trying to "move people along" but you shouldn't starve people out who want to stay put to support their guilds. as a strategy. It is a strategy game after all, right? I literally get one daily quest every other day and that's it, and every day I play it's like a big cloud of negativity against Inno every time I see it. If there's not a workaround other than advancing ages (to unlock one quest) I really hope Inno will consider this scenario and open up the questlines again.

Thanks!
I am late to the party!

Yes, it is a strategy game and your strategy to achieve your goals was not correct, sorry, it happens. It is correctable but it will now make you change your strategy. This will include thinking of a new strategy that will include part of your old strategy! That is the strategy of the game. Plan ahead strategically, and strategically solve obstacles as you encounter them.

For Guild members in those ages that not enough goods are produced. Several options. Ask them to age up or ask them to help provide the goods required for that age. This will also include them making a strategic decision: Age up or produce more. There are also the options of booting them or of them leaving to find a different Guild, these would be more strategic decisions. I see nothing wrong with asking guild members to pull their weight to achieve the guild’s goals. That is if your guild did indeed have goals and requirements listed when they joined.

And still more strategic decisions… Do the stronger members help those members who do not produce enough goods? Will they become strong, productive members, or stay weak and need help forever? There are many Guilds on every world all with different long-term objectives. A bad strategy would be to keep a member whose long-term goals do not match that of the guilds.

For short term help with Guild goods in lower ages; Trade those players some goods from 3 or 4 ages ahead and have them trade down. Unless those players have a lot of higher age friends, they will only have their hood, FL and Guild to trade with. Giving SAV goods to someone in EMA to trade down is futile. Give them CA or Indy instead. Trades will go much faster.

Anaujiram

Thanks, @Wwwoodchuck! Yes, my ignorance is confirmed. I just didn't know until it was too late. My circumstance leaves me missing out on some things (like quests + CF bonuses) while aging up leaves one less player in EMA for the guild. The thought of the other three advancing to HMA also and avoiding the need for those goods is intriguing.

This is sort of off-topic, but regarding your other comments: As a guild, we are strong in helping everyone in all ages get their Arcs and other buildings up and leveled if they are on board and willing to reciprocate (which at this point is almost everyone). We don't boot players unless they never contribute to or participate in anything and don't respond to communications, or are just a nightmare to have around. Any decision to leave voluntarily is on the player. Some want to have 24/7 rotations on GBG using Discord which we aren't set up for, but we can introduce them to friends in other diamond league guilds that do. This helps us form alliances in GBG which I guess is sort of a goodwill strategy that has been paying off.

The Lady Redneck

Read this. It will not help now, but will let you see where you went wrong. and maybe help sort things out. Or be the guide to use if you start over.

It does help to search for answers in the Forum :) Read, take on board, use the information to fit in with how you want things to go. But it does mean YOU have to do the work yourself instead of simply doing what others map out for you.

And just as importantly let all your guild see this guide so everyone can avoid the common mistakes.

Last edited:

Dominator - X

I used the word eliminate in the context of a previous post referring to eliminating players from being in a particular age. You could have read it in that context but you chose to flame rather than simply ask what was meant. Too bad you only assume the worst and have to double down on it. Must suck.
Par for the course for certain members.

Ebeondi Asi

I also went far ahead in the Continental Map and ran into Quests I could not complete back in HMA. No big deal.I lived with that for five months. The way around it has been hinted at. Mainly IMO to do the Quests only until you have the recurring Quests open then stop doing the main quests completely (if you plan on staying in that Era a long time)
Most of the Quests are busywork with trivial prizes (unless you have a powerhouse CF which i never bothered with)
I wanted the Map expansions way more than endless quests. As mentioned if the Quests are more important then do not advance ahead of your Era on the Continental Map. Your opinion may vary.
A new second discussion opened halfway through about Guilds and Goods in the Treasury. Yes it is possible for Guild to either insist on players in certain Eras to either move up Era or quit the Guild. The leaders of the Guild are rulers, they get to make rules other players in the Guild either have to follow or leave. Guilds are not Democracies. I have been in Guilds that didn't want any players belowe Colonial. all such had to Era up. It went over well in one Guild, in a nother a few left. For the large Guild purposes a few leaving is of no consequence. The fact that no player was in certain Eras means no goods are needed for GbG from those Eras.
Also mentioned were slackers, yes most large Guilds have plenty of slackers, those who do not do anything for the Guild. easiest wasy ot get rid of them is the require GE Level 4 completed every week. anyone not finishing it is (temporarily) booted. (plus leaders offering Goods for negotiations to any needing them) IMO that requirement is great. it gets rid of people who cannot be bothered to do the work the Guild needs. it stops players who age up to quickly too. Temporarily means those who can later meet the GE 4 test can return. Naturally for small weak Guilds that is not a possible demand.