• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fixed Login failure: "failed to load shared/icons/icons"

Marcy Christian

Have been having this problem for a couple of days. Occasionally able to get in. Updated my flash; not sure what else to do. PC problem only; iPhone loads it fine. Can bring it up on other browsers, but they don't recognize my game progress. Any ideas?

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
On your PC go to Settings when you get in. Activate HTML5 and see if that works.

Do you log in through Facebook?

Marcy Christian

"Settings" does not offer me "Activate HTML5", just a menu of "Systems", "Devices", and so on. I entered HTML5 into the search box, and it said there were no results.

BruteForceAttack

Have been having this problem for a couple of days. Occasionally able to get in. Updated my flash; not sure what else to do. PC problem only; iPhone loads it fine. Can bring it up on other browsers, but they don't recognize my game progress. Any ideas?
"failed to load shared/icons/icons" is classic sign that you just need to clear your cache on the browser. Which browser do you use?

BruteForceAttack

I use Firefox.
How do I clear my cache? *marcy ducks, because she knows she's hopeless*

Clear the cache
  1. Click the menu button
    Fx57Menu
    and select Options.
  2. Select the Privacy & Security panel.
  3. In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data….
    Fx60Cookies&SiteData-ClearCache
  4. Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
  5. With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
  6. Close the about prefernces page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.

You may want to clear cookies as well. But just note that if you clear cookies you will need to remember your password to login again.

BruteForceAttack

I can get in if I use Chrome, but I can get in only some of the time if I use Firefox.
Yes..if you clear cache/cookies it will work :)

What is the cache on the browser?
Browser cache or temporary Internet files are a way that browsers download website images, data, and documents for faster viewing in the future.

Now you see the relation between the error and fix :)

Each browser stores cache in different places.. here your firefox cache is corrupted so clearing it, will force the browser to download all the images again and will fix the issue.