• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Looking for tips, tricks, do's & don'ts: I'm parking in HMS so I can build GBs, stock resources & join the right guild

Nicholas002

@Nicholas002 I don't know anything about the debacle - but the information he gave was very helpful as well as @Algona's additional information regarding that and other issues.
Reason Glargs (and many others) account was deleted is because they are no longer playing, and failed to link their game account to their forum account.

Totally agree with you though. Glargs guide is the reason I am still playing. Had I not found that( and other useful forum posts) I likely would have burned out from making too many noob mistakes, and having no strategy.

danlan33

lots of great info and advice here, and i've more questions now! i'm now parking in HMA, building GBS, stocking up resources and improving the city

first, guilds. i've not been active at all and perhaps should change guilds. how does one find such a guild where you can rapidly advance future era gbs in iron age, as @ladygato has done with the arc in iron age? i'm thinking i need to find a new guild to get going on things

second, happiness and hagia sophia - i have a happiness problem, and this seem to be the easiest quickest way to solve it. it takes up lots of space, but seems worth it. thoughts?

third, guild expeditions and guild battlegrounds. i've only done 2 guild expeditions and no battlegrounds. i guess the one benefit of this is that i can both find the right guild and build my city up in the right way with what the guild can provide and what i can contribute. is there a guild/gb strategy for this?

fourth, great buildings and my specific stage in the game. in this thread, great ideas were suggested, but i'm still not clear on what to do in the immediate now. quick recap, i got through to HMA with no gb's or strategy and am now parking to get my city together before i move forward. i've now got set up with oracle, zeus, tower of babel, lighthouse of alexandria and saint marks basilica, all around level 1 - 4, just starting. my question is which to plan next. i'm thinking hagia sophia, then cathedral of aachen and st. basil's cathedral. i'd like to start with what i have full blueprints for and what i can whilst not yet found an active guild i'm active in

fifth, guild hopping and recurring quests things. are there other tips like this where you can game things to set up inherent or recurring rewards or perks?

okie dokie forum folks. thanks so much for all the tips! i've already paid it forward and shared them with other members...

danlan33

Reason Glargs (and many others) account was deleted is because they are no longer playing, and failed to link their game account to their forum account.

Totally agree with you though. Glargs guide is the reason I am still playing. Had I not found that( and other useful forum posts) I likely would have burned out from making too many noob mistakes, and having no strategy.
can you post a link to 'glarg's guide' in this thread? i tried searching for it and couldn't find it...thank you!

Jokerlynn2

Hello! I"m new to the game, just 6 weeks in, and am seeking out help from more experienced players for how to strategize longterm. I"m in the High Middle Ages, prefer negotiating over fighting, have yet to join a guild and actively participate in it, and totally spaced on getting my GBs in. So! I just started reading the forums and learning tips, do's and don'ts. I am hoping that posting this thread can help me with this. I found out about Guild Hopping, and spent the last week racking up my coins and blueprints. I found out about doing the recurring quests through 24 hour production buildings and am now getting a nice chunk of perks from the recurring quests through setting them all to building 2 24 hour productions and getting 5 - 7 recurring quests done a day. These two tricks really helped my game, and I figured if I posted in this forum, I'd learn tons more from folks far more experienced than me. Tomorrow, I can join a Guild again, and seek to learn how to become an active contributor to that guild. As far as GBs go, I got Oracle like everyone, and worked through the research tree to HMA before realizing I had no GBs! Guild hopping got me blueprints, and now I have just built Lighthouse of Alexandria and Statue of Zeus, and am working now on goods to get St. Marks Basilica. I have full blueprints for Tower of Babel, Colosseum, Notre Dame, Hagia Sophia, Cathedral of Aechan, and St. Basils Cathedral - deciding which to get and how to proceed. And, lastly, I'm a pacifist, so I avoid fighting and plundering and whatever other dickish actions, online and off :)

Through guild hopping, I've got a few million coin and all these full blueprints. Through setting recurring quests to 24 hour productions, I"m garnering a bunch of quest rewards daily. I'm now requesting help on how to park myself in HMA, build up the right GBs, join the right build that is a good match for my playing style and where I can be a generous contributor, and figure out to get my supplies jacked up so I'm prepared for future ages with the right resources so I don't get stuck. Any help, dos and dont's, etc, I would super greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance, and happy playing :)

Our guild, The Swamp, is an established guild and we are currently accepting new players. We have been inviting players new to the game and those who just want to learn more in a supportive guild. I just sent an invitation if you are interested, we can help guide you to the GBs that will help develop your negotiating skills the best.

danlan33

Our guild, The Swamp, is an established guild and we are currently accepting new players. We have been inviting players new to the game and those who just want to learn more in a supportive guild. I just sent an invitation if you are interested, we can help guide you to the GBs that will help develop your negotiating skills the best.
That's funny! I just helped out another new player, Magical Molly, and she found and joined your guild as a result...and then got an Arc and surpassed me in rank! The thing is, I just joined a small guild of experienced player and they have helped me get nearly a bunch of new gb's and level them. They've added so many fp's to my great buildings and helped me out on so many trades, that leaving after a few weeks would be really unkind and not cool. Sooooo, I'd love to join, but don't want to burn a bridge with my new guild and offend it's members. Golden rule...