• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Loss of goods

• Thread starter DeletedUser40746
  • Start date

DeletedUser40746

Maybe I am doing something wrong here (always a possibility) or I didn't read the directions thoroughly.
So I wait for my goods to be completed and I put them towards my research. I work a lot of hours so I don't get to play this game a lot. I pretty much just collect my coins, supplies, and goods and replenish the "working" people in the game for more goods. But after collecting a few goods, I go to add them to my research and find most, if not all, of my goods that I have already put towards my research are gone. Most times, I get close to collecting all I need and find they are gone near the end. For example, Mounted Archers needed 28 products. I was up to 26, finally. Went to add the last 2 and I was down to like 12 and today I was at 0.
It gets quite frustrating when you wait so long to accomplish something and when you finally get close, it gets taken away from you.
But like I said, maybe I didn't read the directions thoroughly. Any advice?

Jern2017

If I understand correctly, you checked how many goods you need to research a technology and found out a certain number of those goods are gone.

You must have spent them somewhere else. Did you donate any to your guild's treasury? Did you negotiate in the Guild Expedition, Daily Challenge or an event quest? Keep in mind that even if you exit the negotiation before successfully completing it, you will lose goods that you used to negotiate.

Also, some advice that is not connected to your question - wait until you have more goods than are needed to research a technology, otherwise you'll always be short on them and won't have enough to, for example, negotiate.

DeletedUser40746

If I understand correctly, you checked how many goods you need to research a technology and found out a certain number of those goods are gone.

You must have spent them somewhere else. Did you donate any to your guild's treasury? Did you negotiate in the Guild Expedition, Daily Challenge or an event quest? Keep in mind that even if you exit the negotiation before successfully completing it, you will lose goods that you used to negotiate.

Also, some advice that is not connected to your question - wait until you have more goods than are needed to research a technology, otherwise you'll always be short on them and won't have enough to, for example, negotiate.

You understood correctly. I don't believe I spent them anywhere. I don't believe I belong to a guild and if I do, I don't visit it. I don't do the daily challenges. However I did try to conquer a part of Dunkelwald as asked in a story quest and successfully did so (just a section; not all). Would that take some of my research goods away? Even if I get defeated?

DeletedUser

You understood correctly. I don't believe I spent them anywhere. I don't believe I belong to a guild and if I do, I don't visit it. I don't do the daily challenges. However I did try to conquer a part of Dunkelwald as asked in a story quest and successfully did so (just a section; not all). Would that take some of my research goods away? Even if I get defeated?
That would not take goods if you battled, but it would if you unsuccessfully tried to negotiate.

So I wait for my goods to be completed and I put them towards my research.
There is no way to "put them towards research" until you have enough to unlock a technology. Until you actually spend the goods by unlocking the tech, the goods simply stay in your general goods inventory. So if you spent them in another way, as @Pythagoras 1290 The Dire said, then your general goods inventory would have been reduced and the goods you thought you were putting towards research would have been affected.

Jern2017

You need ebony to research Mounted Archers.

Two sectors of Dunkelwald require ebony if you want to acquire them by negotiating. One requires 14 ebony and 10 jewelry, the other requires 10 ebony and 14 jewelry. I believe that is what happened that make you lose your goods.

Remember, there is only one goods inventory. No matter what you do with your goods (research, negotiate, trade, donate to the guild treasury...), they will get taken out of that inventory.

UBERhelp1

It sounds like (from your message) that you are racing through the tech tree. Slow down a bit and let your city grow. Get some GB and level them. The game becomes much more enjoyable then.

Also, I'd recommend joining a guild that fits your playstyle. You can get more aids/day, free trades (don't need to pay FP), boosts, and good advice from experienced players.

Emberguard

When you say you were upto 26, did you check your inventory or are you basing it on you think you have X, gathered goods and without checking went into tech?

If it’s the latter were you plundered at all?

DeletedUser40746

It sounds like (from your message) that you are racing through the tech tree. Slow down a bit and let your city grow. Get some GB and level them. The game becomes much more enjoyable then.

Also, I'd recommend joining a guild that fits your playstyle. You can get more aids/day, free trades (don't need to pay FP), boosts, and good advice from experienced players.

That is good advice. Thank you

DeletedUser40746

When you say you were upto 26, did you check your inventory or are you basing it on you think you have X, gathered goods and without checking went into tech?

If it’s the latter were you plundered at all?

When you tap on "research" and add goods towards a certain thing. In my case, the mounted archer. The other day I was 2 goods away from accomplishing the archer, and this morning I had 0 out of the 28 needed.
Where I work so many hours, I just collect and replenish my goods. I haven't gotten a chance to really play around in it.

DeletedUser37581

When you tap on "research" and add goods towards a certain thing. In my case, the mounted archer. The other day I was 2 goods away from accomplishing the archer, and this morning I had 0 out of the 28 needed.
Where I work so many hours, I just collect and replenish my goods. I haven't gotten a chance to really play around in it.
Your words are confusing, because you don't add goods toward finishing a research. Once you have the required amount of goods, you can unlock a technology, but you don't add anything except FPs toward that goal.

What have you been spending your goods on?

DeletedUser40746

Your words are confusing, because you don't add goods toward finishing a research. Once you have the required amount of goods, you can unlock a technology, but you don't add anything except FPs toward that goal.

What have you been spending your goods on?

I guess I am confusing. I honestly don't know what I am spending my goods on. But there is no sense in trying to explain something if I am not getting it right. I will continue to play around and take it slower like @UBERhelp1 said. Thanks for everyone's help.

DeletedUser40527

I guess I am confusing. I honestly don't know what I am spending my goods on. But there is no sense in trying to explain something if I am not getting it right. I will continue to play around and take it slower like @UBERhelp1 said. Thanks for everyone's help.
I think your are talking about Forge Points, not goods. Forge points (or FP for short) is what you put in to the research. You can put them in as you get them. Mounted Archers is an Early Middle Age research which requires 25 FP. After you put in your 25 FP, THEN you need to "unlock" it. In order to unlock it, you need 22 Marble, 28 ebony, and some coins/supplies. Marble, ebony, dye, stone, iron, etc are what are called "goods". You cannot unlock the research unless you have ALL the goods in your inventory.

Emberguard

@Batracing17 assuming for the moment you are indeed meaning goods and not FPs... i think.... maybe you’re confusing your total inventory stock with what the tech tree is saying you need.

DCAF55FB-E04E-400C-AE8F-BFC04D8F9E43.jpeg

For the goods portion when you read the numbers anything in the left hand column is what you currently have in your inventory. Anything in the right hand column is what will be needed at the time of unlocking the technology. Nothing is being spent until the moment of unlocking the tech (as far as research goes).

So one of a few things could have happened
(1) visual error in which case the only way to confirm this is contact support and get them to confirm no goods have been spent elsewhere

(2) you spent goods either on a different tech -or- on some other task that requires goods.
  • Building a GB (Lighthouse of Alexandria -or- Colosseum in this case)
  • negotiating in something whether that be:
    • continent map
    • Guild expedition
    • Guild vs Guild
    • event quest
    • daily challenge
  • Guild treasury donations

DeletedUser40746

OOOOOOHHHH! Never noticed this before! Your goods are automatically added to your market. I have been "trading" goods for what was really needed for the research, which must have been taking away from another research and making me think someone was stealing from me.
I guess slowing down and "stopping to smell the roses" does help a lot. Thank you again for everyone's advice!