• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

lost city

Nicholas002

I have a friend who I started playing, and was doing quite well: IA, essential early GBs, arc lvl5, etc.
then because of RL he had to quit for a while, and when he logged in recently, all his progress had been lost, and he was left with just the stone age town hall.

Is there any way support could restore his city if he asks them, or does he have to start over?

Emberguard

Sounds like he'd have to start over again. If he wants to get someone to check it out to make sure they can put in a support ticket. It'd help to know just how long he quit for and whether he was able to log into his account or had to recreate it

Nicholas002

I told him to contact support. He could log in to his account, and when I search his name, and visit his city, all it is is a Stone Age town hall, like what you get when you start the tutorial.

Mustapha00

Others will have a better memory of the timeline, but I do recall that Inno announced that they were going to purge the servers of inactive players based on a certain amount of time they had not logged on and that they might do so again. I would have thought that the accounts themselves would have been removed and thus the player would no longer have a presence in-game.

Falconwing

If he was a low age, had no diamonds, and was inactive too long they will delete the city. I remember seeing a timeline posted somewhere, but I can't find it to save my life.