• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Lost FPs on GBs when Player Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackay131

Proposal
That when a player retires from FoE, the remaining FPs on a GB re credited so that the FPs that are due to players are released.

Current System (if applicable)
FPs can become stranded if a player retires or leaves the Game with those who have contributed FPs to a GB in some cases missing several hundred FPs

Details
Once a player has decided to leave or has hit the twelve month inactivity threshold - the game engine or a moderator with ability to do -- rounds up all GBs to ensure FPs are released to contributors.

Abuse Prevention
There appears no potential for abuse.

Visual Aids

upload_2019-5-29_8-7-36.png

Conclusion

That a player may contribute to GBs acting in good faith that if a player leaves the FPs will not be lost or stranded

Attachments

Super Catanian

This is just like that proposal that wanted to put FP in the Inventory.
All you would have to do is dump your FP on a random GB, and wait 12 months. Not exactly the best way, much less the fastest, but still...

DeletedUser28147

As much as I want to say yes I can't. That is a risk you have to take as part of the game. If it bothers you so much then pay more attention to the GB's you're putting your fp's on. Similar proposals to this have been made before and shot down.

DeletedUser22214

-1. You take the risk when you donate. I would be in favor of deleting defunct great buildings from a player's list of donated great buildings. This would have no impact on fps or on the building that was donated to.

DeletedUser31442

-1. You take the risk when you donate. I would be in favor of deleting defunct great buildings from a player's list of donated great buildings. This would have no impact on fps or on the building that was donated to.
I would give that idea a BIG +1, there's a whole bunch on my list that I'd love to remove since Inno has shown, regardless of their words, that a player can be inactive until the cows come home and they still won't delete them.

mamboking053

The scariest instance I had was when I donated 1000+ FP's to a players GB and then they just seemed to ghost for over a month. Luckily the GB was near leveled and I got the second person to split the difference so I could get most of my FP back. (this was at a time when I had 4000 total) After that I made sure to stay away from the lower half of the hood unless I see definite signs of activity.

acting in good faith
Seems to me this comment implies a deal made between you and the person on whose GB you are "contributing" fps.

Did you discuss a deal? Or did you snipe assuming you would make a profit on your fp investment? If you sniped, then what Brute said:
That's the risk you accept when you add fps as no one is forcing you to add (snipe) fps to other players gbs.

Stephen Longshanks

so that the FPs that are due to players are released.
This line here is where you miss the mark, and why all proposals of this fail. The rewards aren't due to anyone unless and until the GB levels. And you never get your original FP back, even when you make a profit, so why would you get them back now? Investing in GBs is just like investing in the stock market. Returns aren't guaranteed, and past performance is no guarantee of future earnings. You invest in a venture, and if it is successful you get a return. If not, you lose some or all of your investment. In your visual aid, your choices are to write off the 835 FP you've invested, or pay the other 416 to level it, or strike a deal with the other investor to split the cost of leveling it with you.

In other words, -1 from me.

Emberguard

There isn’t a single aspect to the game where you spend FPs and get those specific FPs back. Once spent they’re spent.

As far as the game is concerned the purpose of putting into a GB is to improve the GB. That’s it. If you happen to get a reward spot locked in and it lvls then you get something back. But if the GB is lvl’d then those FPs already served their purpose in full

Emberguard

Oh and I can just imagine players putting oracle in the mud given it’s free to place, dumping 19 FPs and deleting. Or any GB that’s cheap enough on goods

Status
Not open for further replies.