• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Lost RQ's Question

MJ Artisan of War

Lost RQ's Question.... When i first started playing my first world i went way to far on the Cont Map chasing expansions...
All the way to the beginning of Contemporary.... Didn't know better till then... lol
Does anyone know in what age i will get my RQ's to show up?
Not Colonial as i just found out.... Dang it!
Thanx from he who went too far....

Ebeondi Asi

If you stop flipping the main quest line. before it get to the next Era... Then, you should be able to flip the quests you can drop until you hit the recurring Quests.
The whole Quest thing and the Continental map is a bit unknown. No one has really explained the relationship fully, and Inno seems to not be telling.
SO my best understanding is above. IF you stop doing the main Quest line before it enters the next Era. then you will be able to get RQs. but when you flip that main line to the next Era. you again will have the cancel type Quests until you wear them out. to get RQs

RazorbackPirate

How to get your RQs back will depend on the quests that are filling the slots. Are they side quests and abortable, or Bonus quests not able to be aborted?

MJ Artisan of War

Ruler of the Continent (Bonus)
New Lands new Dangers (Story)
Plunder (Side Quest) - will be working this one within the hour when my hoodies are again eligible... lol

Side Quest is the only one that may be aborted of the three, but if possible i complete them.
The first two require Indy techs/bldgs to complete and i'm not ready to move up again having only gotten to Colonial last week...

RazorbackPirate

Ruler of the Continent (Bonus)
New Lands new Dangers (Story)
Plunder (Side Quest) - will be working this one within the hour when my hoodies are again eligible... lol

Side Quest is the only one that may be aborted of the three, but if possible i complete them.
The first two require Indy techs/bldgs to complete and i'm not ready to move up again having only gotten to Colonial last week...
Ruler of the Continent is a quest in the Industrial Age bonus quest line. That means you'll have to age up to InA to complete the quest which includes researching Modern Roads, part of the InA tech tree.

If you stop progressing on the Tech Tree and the C-Map, you'll eventually run out of Side quests which will let the RQs come back to the slot.

The second will come back when you complete the InA bonus quest line.

MJ Artisan of War

Finished the Side Quests & got one RQ to pop in, first time i've ever had one on that world... lol
As stated in my original post above this was my first world and not knowing better i pushed the C map all the way into Contemporary chasing expansions.
Thanks to You both for answering with sound advice....