Make "Attack Not Possible" message be responsive to "Esc" button or mouse click.

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by zaq1xsw2, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

This line alone is ample reason to be against this proposal. It does not benefit the game at all to make it easier on Bronze/Iron Age campers. This is another one of those things that is only a problem if you have adopted a certain playing style and it is one of the consequences you have to deal with from making that choice. Accept the issues or adopt another playing style. Simple as that.

2. Volodya

Volodya Well-Known Member

Is it mod-bashing if I "like" this comment?

3. ODragon

ODragon Well-Known Member

I am pro; not that I care but I think consistency across a game is important. You can click out almost everywhere else in the game; you should be able to there also.

4. Titris Thrawns

Titris Thrawns Well-Known Member

I'd vote yes.

I agree that it is annoying and would be an easy fix.

I second @Graviton 's point: Could be even easier if we eliminate the need to even click the button.

Counter-argument to the "Get to EMA" argument: Secondary cities (WW or IA GE cities). If it wasn't for those, I'd be in agreement with the 'get to EMA' sentiment. I'd still use that argument for campers arguing for event criteria to be changed so they can obtain event buildings while camping in IA/BA. In the campers case, I find events are meant to be gentle pushes forward, so I'm all for 'get to IA/EMA' in the interests of balance. In this low-age only case, it's a QoL issue that doesn't effect balance, so the age up argument feels more punitive or dev time gatekeeping, hence my abandonment, regardless of the validity of the argument's solution.

5. ODragon

ODragon Well-Known Member

I was already a yes but today reminded me of the second reason. You can't click out when trying to attack your shielded neighbors, no matter what age they are in.

6. BruteForceAttack

BruteForceAttack Well-Known Member

+1 making all popups work the same way, i.e one should be able click on background to dismiss it.
    Programing 101 is to be consistent.

7. willerz

willerz New Member