• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Make Space Needle and Lotus Temple Great Again

Triopoly Champion

Proposal: Make Space Needle and Lotus Temple great and useful again.

Current System: Space Needle and Lotus Temple are considered almost useless by the top FoE players as the coin rewards are way too weak comparing to the event buildings concerning the city space.

Details: Reprogram Space Needle and Lotus Temple Great Buildings, so they produce a random type of "Previous Age" goods from Iron Age to Virtual Future, Coins for Bronze Age. Happiness boosts will stay the same.

Abuse Prevention: Less useless blueprints will be earned from aiding the friends, guildmates and neighbors.

Visual Aids: the same graphics as the current version.

Conclusion: There must be more good reasons to build the Great Buildings beside only looking nice.

Emberguard

Space Needle is Modern Era, Lotus Temple Contemporary Era.

By the time you reach Modern you'll never need goods earlier then Colonial Age for producing goods or tech tree. The amount of uses for Bronze-Late Middle Age goods are very limited by then. The only uses remaining are: GvG, catching up with GBs you never built, negotiating continent map.

If it's going to change the norm of GBs producing unrefined goods (the goods you currently need) to some random good of any age, I'd be making it with the earliest age produced being Colonial once you reach Modern Age.

Triopoly Champion

The strict definition of "Previous Age" goods inside Guild Expedition is really the goods from 1 era earlier, so Modern Era players will earn a random type of Progressive goods only daily.

While playing in High Middle Age, it's possible to earn Granite and/or Alabaster without either of the 2 continent deposit bonus.

Last edited:

DeletedUser32328

Plenty of other GBs, event buildings, special buildings, etc... available to fill up our cities. Those GBs are crap, so be it. Bemusing that these two should be boosted, but GBs like Notre-Dame, Colosseum and Gaea Statue would be left to rot.

DeletedUser15539

I had originally planned on building the Space Needle out of nostalgia. We went to the Seattle Worlds Fair when I was a boy. But not with its current benefits.

Algona

...a series of event buildings that each have a boost correlating to if a certain GB is present in the city designed to go with the worst possible GBs to make them more viable.

I'd like to see you develop this idea. May be awful, may be great, but I think there is something there. Sorta the same principle as set buildings? Maybe different?

I dunno, but it rings as an interesting idea. Well done, good thinkery.

DeletedUser30312

This of course makes the erroneous assumption that Space Needle and Lotus Temple were ever great at all. I think by the time most causal players get to the point where they can make either GB, they've learned they're junk, so people just avoid them. I don't see them in too many cities, unlike the noob traps: Colosseum, ND, Capitol.

But I believe the devs have said they're not going to make changes to existing GBs.

Algona

Well done, good thinkery.

It comes up every time GB's get discussed!

Really? I've never seen someone suggest designing Special Buildings that depend on specific GBs. But I'm not omniscient either. Can you point me to some discussions on this?

This sorta sparked another idea. Flip it on its ear. What's in the design space for Special Buildings that enhance specific GBs?

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this discussion.

Last edited:

Algona

...It comes up every time GB's get discussed!

No.

I see no reason to do your work for you. You made a claim that should be easy to prove, you prove it.

Although... Heh. Seems easy to disprove. "every time"?

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/does-your-blue-galaxy-work.22297/
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/is-hagia-sofia-worth-it-for-fp.24214/
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/post-arc-80.24702/

Three strikes and you're out! I guess it's not "every time".

Aside from this thread, do you think you can find any time it's been mentioned in this forum? You can even use that handy link you provided.

DeletedUser13838

The title "Make Space Needle and Lotus Temple Great Again" implies that these GBs were once great. However, they always sucked.

Agent327

No.

I see no reason to do your work for you. You made a claim that should be easy to prove, you prove it.

Why should I do your homework for you? Not my problem you are ignorant on what is going on. Visit the forum more often en read more.

Kranyar the Mysterious

If we could put the Space Needle and Lotus Temple into CC, and launch them into space via a new CC animation to never be seen again, along with the Colosseum, Notre Dame, I think we would have a winner. Did I miss anything else that is worthless?

Triopoly Champion

If we could put the Space Needle and Lotus Temple into CC, and launch them into space via a new CC animation to never be seen again, along with the Colosseum, Notre Dame, I think we would have a winner. Did I miss anything else that is worthless?
Notre Dame was once useful, but Oracle of Delphi came out and replaced ND and its helpfulness for the beginners, then ND became useless until some further modifications. Colosseum is way too big unless it can change the continent deposit bonus, not worth to build at all even for Iron Age players.

Especially for OF players, AF goods can come into scarcity at times due to the demands of Promethium, Space Needle and Lotus Temple are expensive to build goods-wise, so there has to be a strong return consider how many fps will be required to level those 2 GBs up over level 10.

Agent327

Enough, n00b. You were demonstrated wrong, save your dodging for someone who will play your distraction games.

n00b???

You are really funny. Only thing you demonstrated is you hardly read the forum, or your memory is just not that good.