• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Making your own guild

Mailia

Imo- once you're able to support your guildies (help them with GB sets, BP's, Fp's, goods, etc), and once your able to give advice to your guildies (be prepared for anything from 'Is Colosseum worth it?' to 'When should I age up?' to 'What's the average ROI for CF?')

Mor-Rioghain

Something else you'll want to consider is what you (and the others you choose to help you lead/recruit) is what you have to offer that other guilds don't, or to be more precise, what makes your guild better at providing the same things? There are very few new or unique 'twists' that people can add to what a guild can/cannot do after nearly eleven years of a game's existence but that doesn't mean that their creativity and flexibility can't make them just a little bit different than others out there.

You also might consider reading other guilds' bios to get ideas about what they are offering and then write something of a 'mission statement' of what you'd like to see your guild do/offer.

Xenosaur

Building off @Mor-Rioghain's excellent points, here's a list of things (all of course, if ordered, would be prioritized differently depending on who you ask for their "opinion"):

• You should have a good command of the game; knowledge and mechanics
  • You should have some level of personal achievement and accomplishment in the game yourself
  • You should have a social personality, and be willing to take an unbiased and critical look at issues which drive collective decisions for your guild
  • You should be visible, and very active in your guild - demonstrating leadership
  • You need to be adept at being King Solomon - fixing issues with members in a fair and judicious way to all involved
  • You should consider others that demonstrate initiative and leadership, to assist you - don't make bad choices on your leadership team - they represent you.
  • You should be innovative - to @Mor-Rioghain point - solve problems that would otherwise fester from inattention in other guilds
  • You should be more innovative - creating "as unique as possible" programs that assist members - that few other guilds have thought of. Positiviely differentiate yourself!

Being a good leader demonstrates the same skill as managing assets and people in a company. When people correctly assess you're a demonstrable resource to them and their goals, while also standing for trust and respect, they mostly likely will follow you anywhere and give back and build upon what they see you stand for.

Mor-Rioghain

Thank you for the mention @Xerosaur but your list is beyond the pale!! :) All excellent advice and a very delineated and is at once both concise and precise that I will add only one piece of advice to the OP: Be prepared for and have solutions for disappointment. Start-up guilds are hard, really hard, to get up and off of the ground. If you do not already have a group of people who are willing to work hard with and for you, you will face a lot of dissappointment. If you are committed to providing that "something different and/or better" than the other guilds do, stick to it and remember that when players are guild-shopping, they want to know what you can do for them not what you want from them. You have to be the stand-out. Good luck!!

Xenosaur

1 more thing that's really important:
Your guild profile should accurately display your guild features, expectations, requirements and key points on what you do in your guild, and what you expect. People are shopping by more than just recommendations from others - or not. Your guild profile should be robust - not devoid of information or just "kumba ya" warm and fuzzy about "family".

Feeds and speeds, too: Examples concepts to include:

• If you have a 1.9, say so.
  • If an Arc @ level 80, and/or OBS and/or Atom are required, say so.
  • If you support the multiple types of trading systems in the game (circle trades, classic 1:1, 2:1, 1:2, and calculator fair trades) - say so.
  • If you don't care about GbG - say so.
  • If you have a minimum GbG each week, say so.
  • If you don't have a GvG program, say so.
  • If you don't have swaps, say so.
  • If you focus on swaps - say so.
  • If you want people to play GE to a minimum of level 3 each week, or in 4 days - say so.

Some old school (some are less importance to modern guilds, some aren't) points that some guilds continue to add:

• Help guild members by P/M at least 5 times a week
  • Put 1 or 2 FP on a "Sticks 2 Bricks" or "in the mud" new building
  • Be good to each other
  • Treat your guild members like the family they are
  • Respond to any leadership communications as mandatory, and in a timely manner
  • Don't take long game absences without considering other team guild goals where that matters - if you're going to be absent, alert management for solution

So in summary: If you want X, Y and Z - say so.

Don't hide what you do and make people guess what they're getting themselves into
. OPEN BOOK - and be ready for questions - have a contact named so people can ask about their personal situation and see if the fit is right.

The worst thing is NOT knowing what the guild expects of you, or not being able to decide quickly upon review, that a guild is a strong "possible" for your interest.

Last edited:

Mailia

To build on the previous posts, here's the desc of my own guild
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Welcome to Nova Luna!
(Founded 10/14/22)

We are currently recruiting active players Iron Age and above... however exceptions can be made if you're planning to age up soon.
If you're colonial or above a treasury building is required... we can assist if you need help acquiring one.

For those new to the game:
We'll help you obtain goods and prints to build your GB's as well as support threads to make lvl'ing said GB's easier, we also have a Q&A thread, a trade thread, 2 different Fp reward programs, and your given a fun nickname! (Feel free to check out some of ours!) ->

For experienced players:
We have several active swap threads, a 1.0 thread, a Stix→Brix thread, a GE extra rewards contest for free FP’s, a GBG extra rewards lottery for free FP's, 'free' in-guild GB sets, and help with any prints you need (yes, including Arc).

Rules:
1. Don't be inactive for more than 8 days without notifying leadership
2. Don't put FP's into another guildies GB without asking first
3. All eligible members are required to complete atleast 1 encounter in GE each week
4. Have fun!

Participation in GBG is *highly* encouraged, but nothing is required. A treasury building of some type is required before your allowed to take part in our GvG rounds, once you have a TB participation becomes optional.

**Bots of any type will absolutely NOT be tolerated, if you're found to be using one you will be immediately removed and unable to return**

Please contact Mailia if you have any questions or concerns, thank you :)'
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It's nowhere near perfect, but figured i'd share mine as an example of what a guild desc might look like.
This is also in a new world, so there are some references that wouldn't be necessary in an older world (like the 'Including Arc' side note)

xivarmy

I'll take a slightly harsher line on this: If you're wondering if you should, you probably shouldn't.

- While you've received excellent advice if you do, you really need to think about why you want to lead a guild. What do existing guilds not offer you that you want to form a new one? Do you have people who want this with you to form a core to build around?
- You don't have to be a founder or even have leader rights to become a leader in an existing guild. Know what you're doing and be helpful. It'll be harder to *avoid* leadership than to court it if you can do this.
- Also it's quite easy at times to become a founder of an existing guild if you act like a leader. Founders/leaders move on all the time (i.e. to real life). And often *noone* wants the job. If you've been acting like a leader it may be foisted on you even if you don't want it.

traz is the only happy producing gb you need. the others you must like the look of it. with special buildings you will have excess happy and excess pop. so cultural buildings are out too unless you just like it I guess. you won't need no house or no cultural buildings with special buildings

The Angry Blanket

One of the hardest things about running a guild is dealing with the fact that everyone wants to start their own guild rather than join an existing guild and help it grow, And also keep in mind what matthew patton said above, that's also very important when considering starting a guild.

Ebeondi Asi

Best way to start a new Guild is to not do so, Join Guilds and learn what is needed. Grow, move to better Guilds, grow, move to top Guilds, grow. when your GBs are all over 100... Arc at least at 130+ And you have a billion points plus. and have gained and saved 30K of every good from every Era, then go start a new Guid for beginners.. You will then happy helping them learn the game and grow.

Ebeondi Asi

You enjoy herding cats for a living ? That's pretty much like what running a guild is like once it hits 30+ members,
That is an important point. No one can keep a Guild together barking orders. o_O Like a herd of cats. the members will generally only respond to something they already want to do. To actually lead, it may help to have a fish in your pocket..

Be Chuille

If you do start a guild... everyone will keep telling you that the Treasury is the most important asset.
That is not true.
The most important thing in a guild is its members.
Treasury is important too... But I would take a guild full of great people over a guild full of jerks with level 120 Arcs.
Don't let jerks in your guild. They will ruin it for everyone.

Dominator - X

everyone will keep telling you that the Treasury is the most important asset.
That is not true.
That really depends on what you are trying to accomplish at the guild level. If you want to be highly competitive in the 3 G's, the guild treasury is your life blood. If you just want to farm, yes, the treasury is not a priority. You really need to qualify such a definitive statement.

Angel.

i tell my members to ask questions as we cant help if we dont know also let them know there is only 1 silly question THE ONE NOT ASKED

Be Chuille

That really depends on what you are trying to accomplish at the guild level. If you want to be highly competitive in the 3 G's, the guild treasury is your life blood. If you just want to farm, yes, the treasury is not a priority. You really need to qualify such a definitive statement.
My point was only that if you start considering your Treasury to be more important than your members, then things will not go well.
I have kicked members from our guild for breaking our #1 rule, which is "Don't be a Jerk". I don't care if they have a level 120 Arc or are a super strong fighter. Jerks just make it no fun for everyone.

I don't mean those who just have a bad day. We are tolerant of good people who have a bad day. I mean the ones that you can tell don't care about anyone but themselves and make a point of making things miserable for others, in any of many different ways.