• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Manafort...convicted felon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorbackPirate

More like Kim Jong Un got Trump to the table...and gave him nothing. Kim Jong Un used Trump, and Trump isn't even aware enough to realize it.
You say this shit like it's fact. You make it up out of whole cloth and spew it out like yesterday's vomit. I get it. it's wel ... Trump.

Seriously, Stephen. Facts or shut up.

Last edited:

DeletedUser35712

Now that's the spirit. See, how much fun being facetious is? If you want to be a true winner...try combining that with satire, irony, mockery or any other number of humor vehicles. Or were you engaging in, "...somewhat serious discourse" and I missed the mark?
How is saying the word “screw around” in a colloquial sense considered humorous? Look at the link and you’ll see that the family has been extremely deceptive and tried to mess with America.

ahsay

What are Trump's crimes? I'll address them if you list them.

I never mentioned Trumps crimes. Typical 'straw man' attempt. Forgive me if I don't fall for it. The crimes, as if you didn't know, were the crimes of his cabinet, senior staff, employees and associates.

Nice try though.

ahsay

You say this shit like it's fact. Gou make it up out of whole cloth and spew it out like yesterday's vomit. I get it. it's wel ... Trump.

You asking for facts. That would be like the Orange Clown telling us he's the most humble man in the USA and taking to task anyone that doesn't agree. Or are you just jumping on in the irony train? Seems like everyone wants a boarding pass now.

C'mon...man....................

ahsay

How is saying the word “screw around” in a colloquial sense considered humorous? Look at the link and you’ll see that the family has been extremely deceptive and tried to mess with America.

My bad...I missed the mark, The VillagerIdiot. Carry on........................

RazorbackPirate

The issue with trying to make this correlation work is that the United States just came out of World War II as the wealthiest country in the world, and other countries have had massive amounts of destruction. The US education system was only the best during the years when other countries were struggling to build back their own system from the damage of WWII.

Trying to dismantle the Department of Education and going for state, county, and local control of education is a freaking lolbertarian move. Potentially, schools could be teaching Creationism instead of evolution to satisfy the religious nuts in their district. I am highly doubtful that the state, county or local governments are not susceptible to quackery, as we've seen in many places that Creationism is taught. Also, several series of history textbooks have been praising America uncritically, and these books were passed by the Texas state governments.
What you say may be true, but that still does not negate the fact that the DoE has been DoA since its inception and has done nothing to improve American education system. Too much cost, too little results, it needs to go.

I'll go so far as to say the Gov't should have ZERO role in education at any level. My preference would be to privatise the entire system and give each child a voucher to be used at whatever school they and their parents determine is best for that child. That's the ultimate local control and yes, quite Libertarian.

And BTW - You talk like evolution is settled science and considering any alternatives quackery. Evolution if far from settled science. Given the lack of evidence in support of his theory, even Darwin expressed serious doubts about it later in life. The lacking evidence that caused his doubt has yet to appear. The longer we go without it, the less likely it is his theory was correct.

RazorbackPirate

I never mentioned Trump's crimes. Typical 'straw man' attempt. Forgive me if I don't fall for it. The crimes, as if you didn't know, were the crimes of his cabinet, senior staff, employees and associates.

Nice try though.
No straw man attempt at anything. I simply could not follow your previous post. I clearly have no idea what you were talking about or the point you were trying to make.

As for the crimes of his cabinet, senior staff, employees and associates, good. Drain the swamp. Unless Trump was personally involved or is implicated in any of them, though, it has nothing to do with him. Nothing!

Last edited:

DeletedUser35712

And BTW - You talk like evolution is settled science and considering any alternatives quackery. Evolution if far from settled science. Given the lack of evidence in support of his theory, even Darwin expressed serious doubts about it later in life. The lacking evidence that caused his doubt has yet to appear. The longer we go without it, the less likely it is his theory was correct.
Except evolution =/= Darwinism. Darwin was the first to come up with the observation that evolution was the reason why organisms have came to be the way today. However, he was incredibly wrong in asserting that life started in muddy ponds. Darwin, like many scientists, provided some information that got closer to reality, but over time, we've gone closer and closer and understanding the mechanics behind evolution, and many of Darwin's ideas became hogwash. Darwin also thought that evolution mostly occurs from random mutations in DNA, but that idea did not hold up. As scientists got electron microscopes to analyze DNA and such, they found that epigenetics were the reason why evolution occurs. Scientists found that with epigenetics, certain genes can be turned on and off through certain selective pressures. Epigenetics is an incredibly new field in biology. Very few areas of science are settled, but we do know so much about the basics that we can teach schoolchildren. Just because one scientist made a mistake, does not discredit the entire theory. Science is built on peer-reviewed evidence and observations gathered through many means, not dictated by a guy who seems smart.

RazorbackPirate

You asking for facts. That would be like the Orange Clown telling us he's the most humble man in the USA and taking to task anyone that doesn't agree. Or are you just jumping on in the irony train? Seems like everyone wants a boarding pass now.

C'mon...man....................
Yes. I want facts. You make shit up like,
More like Kim Jong Un got Trump to the table...and gave him nothing. Kim Jong Un used Trump, and Trump isn't even aware enough to realize it.
Then yes, I want facts. If not, it's just you spouting off made up bullshit because well ... Trump!

DeletedUser35712

I'll go so far as to say the Gov't should have ZERO role in education at any level. My preference would be to privatise the entire system and give each child a voucher to be used at whatever school they and their parents determine is best for that child. That's the ultimate local control and yes, quite Libertarian.
Except parents don't know much on how to prepare their kids' education for the workforce down the line. Parents can also be extremely busy, so they will not be able to make the best decisions for education. If we have a free-for-all in education, some kids will not have certain skills that are needed in the workforce. I agree with the idea of vouchers, but there needs to be some form of regulation to make sure schools are reaching certain standards. However, the policy of school vouchers needs to be implemented correctly or you might have something like this:
https://www.brookings.edu/research/on-negative-effects-of-vouchers/

RazorbackPirate

Except evolution =/= Darwinism. Darwin was the first to come up with the observation that evolution was the reason why organisms have came to be the way today. However, he was incredibly wrong in asserting that life started in muddy ponds. Darwin, like many scientists, provided some information that got closer to reality, but over time, we've gone closer and closer and understanding the mechanics behind evolution, and many of Darwin's ideas became hogwash. Darwin also thought that evolution mostly occurs from random mutations in DNA, but that idea did not hold up. As scientists got electron microscopes to analyze DNA and such, they found that epigenetics were the reason why evolution occurs. Scientists found that with epigenetics, certain genes can be turned on and off through certain selective pressures. Epigenetics is an incredibly new field in biology. Very few areas of science are settled, but we do know so much about the basics that we can teach schoolchildren. Just because one scientist made a mistake, does not discredit the entire theory. Science is built on peer-reviewed evidence and observations gathered through many means, not dictated by a guy who seems smart.
Epigenetics is why we see microevolution, but that's never been in dispute. No one has ever questioned the fact that environmental pressures and natural selection can cause a sub-trait of a species to become the predominant trait, white vs. black moths. Hell, domesticated dogs and cats prove epigenetics.

It's a whole different thing to suggest that epigenetics can change one species into another. There has never been a transitional species. All fossil evidence is of a fully formed species. There are fossilized creatures with no eyes, and there are fossilized creatures with eyes. There has never been a fossil with a transitional eye, or hand, or ear, or toe, or wing, or anything. That's what Darwin expected to see, that's what caused his doubts and that's the missing evidence.

Without the evidence of transitional species, trying to make epigenetics fit is nothing more than a hope, a wish, and a prayer.

DeletedUser35712

There has never been a transitional species.
Archaeopteryx is a transitional species between the birds and the dinosaurs.
https://www.livescience.com/24745-archaeopteryx.html
Wikipedia has a good list on transitional species
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_fossils#Nautiloids_to_ammonoids

There are fossilized creatures with no eyes, and there are fossilized creatures with eyes.
That all comes down to how we even define an eye. Is a light-sensitive protein patch an eye? Some bacteria have light-sensitive protein patches that would be the transition between no-eye to eye.
There has never been a fossil with a transitional eye, or hand, or ear, or toe, or wing, or anything.
I already covered the eye thing. Transitional hands can be seen through this neat ancient fish:
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/naturelibra...40x395/s/sa/sarcopterygii/sarcopterygii_1.jpg
Those fins had flesh and bone.
Ears started developing quite early. The most ancient lizards and fishes had bones that could sense vibrations. With lizards, those bones ended up evolving to become smaller and smaller until you have ear holes.
Toes have started with the lobe-finned fish.
Wings have started to develop with the Archaeopteryx.
It's a whole different thing to suggest that epigenetics can change one species into another.
No, it's not. There's a point where one's genetics gets so altered that one is incapable of reproducing fertile offspring with one's kind, which signifies a new species.

RazorbackPirate

Except parents don't know much on how to prepare their kids' education for the workforce down the line. Parents can also be extremely busy, so they will not be able to make the best decisions for education. If we have a free-for-all in education, some kids will not have certain skills that are needed in the workforce. I agree with the idea of vouchers, but there needs to be some form of regulation to make sure schools are reaching certain standards. However, the policy of school vouchers needs to be implemented correctly or you might have something like this:
https://www.brookings.edu/research/on-negative-effects-of-vouchers/
No red herring arguments. Parents have been figuring out how to educate their kids since the beginning of time. Long before Gov't ever got involved or there was even a public school system. Those same ill informed, over-stressed Parents somehow figure it out when it comes to college.

The Gov't regulates many things they have no active role in producing or delivering. Everything from the safety of automobiles, to what constitutes U.S. Grade A or U.S. Fancy canned creamed corn. I have no issues with basic objective standards on the core basic subjects. I would have issues with standards that require the school I chose for my kids to teach that having a penis doesn't necessarily make you a boy.

DeletedUser35712

No red herring arguments. Parents have been figuring out how to educate their kids since the beginning of time. Long before Gov't ever got involved or there was even a public school system. Those same ill informed, over-stressed Parents somehow figure it out when it comes to college.

Please provide evidence on how "those days" were better than nowadays. During the Industrial Revolution, most of the working class children didn't even go to school. Before the Industrial Revolution, schoolchildren were taught at local schools, which were fine at the time, because school was to teach basic skills for the era such as farming and land management. However, that was back when calculus was reserved for only the academics, and statistical T-testing was just invented. Such higher-end thinking was new breaking ground, but nowadays, children need to know more skills and higher-level knowledge to succeed in the workforce. Our technology is evolving so quickly that it's hard for a parent to find out what skills are needed, and which ones aren't.

The Gov't regulates many things they have no active role in producing or delivering. Everything from the safety of automobiles, to what constitutes U.S. Grade A or U.S. Fancy canned creamed corn.

You're seeing government intervention in the free markets as a bad thing. If governments can reduce the overall amount of lives lost, which can greatly increase productivity in the economy, by instituting safety regulations for automobiles, then you should be supporting that as that is demonstrably good for the greater good. Now the corn thing I would agree is stupid, but you need some foundations of food safety regulations to build that trust between the consumer and the market.
I would have issues with standards that require the school I chose for my kids to teach that having a penis doesn't necessarily make you a boy.
That's a very un-nuanced take between gender identity and one's sex.

DeletedUser31592

To be clear, I couldn't care less who the president screws or if he pays them to do so. Honestly, at this point, I just assume most politicians are cheating on their spouse.

What I cannot stand is the pettiness, the hatred, the vulgerness, the complete lack of class the current POTUS exudes. When he first announced he was running, I was intrigued, as I am tired of career politicians. Then he opened his mouth. The p-grabbing. The racism. His utter lack of intelligence (I can't even give all the examples- he sounds like an imbecile every time he speaks.) The fact that he has an excuse for everything and blames everyone- he bears no responsibility for anything- ever. He is a joke and has make our country the laughing stock of the world. I truly don't understand how people still support him.

DeletedUser

I truly don't understand how people still support him.
Because, well...Hillary. At least that's what it gets down to for most of them.
You say this shit like it's fact. You make it up out of whole cloth and spew it out like yesterday's vomit. I get it. it's wel ... Trump.

I'm guessing you don't see the irony of this post from a Trump supporter. I mean, you're accusing me of exactly what Trump does every time he opens his mouth. Every. Single. Time.

DeletedUser35712

To be clear, I couldn't care less who the president screws or if he pays them to do so. Honestly, at this point, I just assume most politicians are cheating on their spouse.

What I cannot stand is the pettiness, the hatred, the vulgerness, the complete lack of class the current POTUS exudes. When he first announced he was running, I was intrigued, as I am tired of career politicians. Then he opened his mouth. The p-grabbing. The racism. His utter lack of intelligence (I can't even give all the examples- he sounds like an imbecile every time he speaks.) The fact that he has an excuse for everything and blames everyone- he bears no responsibility for anything- ever. He is a joke and has make our country the laughing stock of the world. I truly don't understand how people still support him.
Responsibility was so 2014. Besides, why talk smart when you can talk dumb? At least when you talk dumb, it takes way less effort.

ahsay

No straw man attempt at anything. I simply could not follow your previous post. I clearly have no idea what you were talking about or tyhe point you were trying to make.

As for the crimes of his cabinet, senior staff, employees and associates, good. Drain the swamp. Unless Trump was personally involved or is implicated in any of them, though, it has nothing to do with him. Nothing!

Drain the swap? Drain the swamp? Why is the Cheeto putting the creatures in the swamp to begin with? He's draining the swamp he created? Denial runs right through your property of despair don't it?

Once again...straw man. This thread starts with a post on Manafort...not Dildo the Orange Clown. Stop trying to make this about the Rump roast himself. Let's not lose focus...shiny things. The people the dumpster surrounds himself with are going down like a $5 hooker.

But...just for the fools and sycophants...

Let me make sure I got what you're trying to say. You are not responsible for the people you hire? You want to put a bridge over that river?

Status
Not open for further replies.