Management of Polish/Motivate buildings

Discussion in 'Closed / Archived' started by Sar0man, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sar0man

Sar0man New Member

Hi guys,

Just a thought.

I think that it would be a useful feature to be able to lock your own buildings from being polished or motivated.

This enables you to be able to control what you would like to be polished or motivated by your fellow guild members and/or other players.

So for example, if you have constructed your city to be self sufficient for 120% happiness, then it would be better that you could lock all the buildings that can be polished so that when anyone visits your city, the only buildings that can be touched are your supplies.

We can do this two ways.

First, either 2 buttons which say lock/release all supplies and lock/release all happiness buildings

or

Each individual building has its own lock button.

The first is easier for the developers :) to build into the game but its quicker to implement ingame, the second is more flexible for the community to control :):) but takes longer to manage

Thanks
    Sar0

2. Bastion

Bastion New Member

I think this idea has been tossed around before, don't know if it would be implimented though.
    It would keep people from polishing and causing an issue if the player is trying to figure out how much happiness they have available.

3. nijosc

nijosc New Member

His whole point is to keep them from polishing; he wants to be able to predetermine to a degree what visitors will do (motivating instead). He would also still have the same ability to check the happiness available in his town whether or not his buildings are barred from polishing by hovering over the face icon.

I like the idea and think it would be very helpful. I think this is in line with many of the polish/motivation requests currently out there:

20 supplies instead of 20 coins for particular actions.
    Icon that labels a building as motivated.
    Timer showing when a buildings "buff" is done [believe this is in the next update]

The only problem I see is it might be right on the edge of taking away city strategy. I could see someone saying "you take the risk of having buildings overpolished if you build a surplus of them."

4. Belizaire

Belizaire New Member

Good idea!

5. Kirk55

Kirk55 New Member

Wouldn't it be easier just to write it in the neighborhood bar and tell people that you don't want anything polished or whatever?

6. Dominotx711

Dominotx711 New Member

People ignore it...

7. Kirk55

Kirk55 New Member

Good point.

8. Stryker-X

Stryker-X New Member

I agree with the idea. Would be nice to lock all of my cultural buildings and decorations since I am already at 120% productivity and I am low on gold =P.

Ticks me off when I spend resources to build cultural buildings and decorations to get my city at 120% productivity and then someone comes along and polishes a building even though I included in my profile that I only want my residences motivated -____-. It ticks me off even more when someone comes along and polishes a dinky decoration when I clearly have a bunch of cultural buildings that could be polished instead.

9. nijosc

nijosc New Member

Sometimes when I run out of troops during a sweep through the neighborhood I will finish off whoever's left by polishing off all the bushes and rocks I see :)

10. GeneralCuster

GeneralCuster New Member

sometimes the cultural buildings and production facilities don't give me the option to polish them. I'm not sure why.......

11. Dominotx711

Dominotx711 New Member

Someone has already done so.

12. Stryker-X

Stryker-X New Member

nijosc, so you're THAT guy.. hahaha

13. mystic1975

mystic1975 New Member

I would like some sort of control even some way for guild members to be able to tell when looking at the guild bar that other members need polishing instead of constantly having to write

"is anyone on can you polish me", and then either no one is on or everyone polishes @ same time
    just a little smile face next to avatar would work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.