• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Map Trades for GB's

robiewan

Is anyone else out there as disgusted with how atrocious and unfair trading in maps is for GB's? I have had to trade as many as twelve maps just to finally get usable map, or none that are usable at all! When we trade maps in it should not be so difficult to do so. The current method of randomness on generating a new map section when trading one in is absolutely flawed, and it ought to be redesigned. It absolute disgusts me every time I try to trade in maps so I can up a GB, only to find when all is said and done I am in the exact same boat I was in when I started - needing one map or even two in order to level a GB! This is not right! This is the same across all worlds and needs to be addressed!

BruteForceAttack

Simple don't trade bps..it is waste of bps.. take spots on other gbs to get bps... If you have an arc it will help a lot.

Attachments

• Annotation bp 2020-04-23 031521.jpg
    Annotation bp 2020-04-23 031521.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 17

Algona

No. Same applies to everyone the very definition of fair.

Common mistake though using the word 'unfair'* as shorthand for 'I don't like this'.

Get used to it. FoE is so broad, has so many aspects that it is inevitable you will find more parts of the game you won't like.

Simple solution to such: Don't do them.

Coming here to bitch, whine, complain, observe, describe, state, that you don't like something is completely useless because the only thing INNO reads are official Feedback threads and Bugs.

Complaining is counter productive. You've wasted your time posting, you won't get much if any sympathy, you will get responses you won't like, and you may waste even more time responding to such.

*Most misused word on the forum. Some other of the many ways this poor word is abused** include::

I don't understand.
I haven't considered any other viewpoints.
I can't win.
I don't have good reasoning to support my position so will make an emotional appeal.
I want it my way.
It's too difficult.

**If words had feelings about such, one might wonder if

Unfair feels it is treated unfairly by being misused

Other words are jealous that unfair takes their rightful spot and mutter to themselves that it is unfair they don't get used in their proper place

DevaCat

With a join date of 2012, op has to be trolling.

For any new players, the 2 for 1 bp exchange is part of the game mechanic, same across all servers, and usually a bad way to get the bp you want. All those prints you trade away in hopes of getting one you want you will need later for every level past 10 you intend to go. The only time the bp exchange feature might make sense is as already pointed out to get the final print you need to build the gb. Even then, patience usually will pay off if you are willing to use methods covered elsewhere, saving you prints you'll need later.

(Full disclosure: okay, I broke down and did it twice in my first city. Once to plant an Arc and once for a Chateau. But that's it! I swear! :D )

DeletedUser

And how do you play a game for 8 years and still not know what a basic building block of the game is called? Maps? How could anyone mistake blueprints for "maps"?

With a join date of 2012, op has to be trolling.

For any new players, the 2 for 1 bp exchange is part of the game mechanic, same across all servers, and usually a bad way to get the bp you want. All those prints you trade away in hopes of getting one you want you will need later for every level past 10 you intend to go. The only time the bp exchange feature might make sense is as already pointed out to get the final print you need to build the gb. Even then, patience usually will pay off if you are willing to use methods covered elsewhere, saving you prints you'll need later.

(Full disclosure: okay, I broke down and did it twice in my first city. Once to plant an Arc and once for a Chateau. But that's it! I swear! :D )
Oh I'm glad I read this, because I didn't realize trading was not useful. Thanks from a newbie.

robiewan

BP's, Maps, they are the same thing so quit trying to be superior in intelligence. Not everyone knows, uses, or even understands the myriads of abbreviations used in game, and honestly their use isn't even a great necessity to play. And as no one really knows me - I am sixty and had a stroke - I do not always remember all the proper names - suffice it to say I must be communicating as everyone seems to understand what I am saying. Trolling - Heck no! I do not do such trivial bs. Even the moderator who responded was out of line. It was a simple question, and yes I do cotribute to GB's to obtain the needed BP's to build higher levels. The topic is I have never experienced a two for one on exchanges, and 15 BP's to obtain one, or even one is absurd. That alone should bring about some research to see if the system is working correctly. Instead of being jackasses, one ought to either ask more pertinent questions, or look to finding a more reasonable explanation, or cure for the issue at hand. I wrote the initial op after experiencing, again, the issue spoken of. Regardless how we obtain these BP's, no one deserves to be ripped off when trading them to level a higher level one, especially when we work very diligently to obtain them. Look closer and maybe discuss this with others to see if this is right, and if some adjustments ought to be made for fairer and more enjoyable game play.

Algona

Before you read the rest of this post, here's a deal for you.

Next time some aspect of this game frustrates you come to this subforum, and post the following:

Algona I'm frustrated by whatever. Can you explain it to me?

And I will explain it with no BS or putdowns.or anything like that.

As one disabled person over 60 to another,I make that promise.

Fair enough?

But for now I'm going to chew you out, one disabled person over 60 to another.

Again with the most abused word on the forum?

As long as you keep thinking in terms of fair and unfair you will never understand or accept the explanation of what happened.

But I'll explain anyway. You have an ((8/9)^X) chance of not getting the BP you need where X is the number of times you try. You do the math (or ask and I'll explain), you won't believe the answer if I just type it out.

That;s just one of the reasons folk are having a tough time taking your rant seriously. It's obvious you didn't know the probability.

That alone should bring about some research to see if the system is working correctly.

Agreed. So why didn't you do any?

You think there is a problem. It's reasonable to expect adults to do some checking before making accusations that border on libel. Anything else is irrational.

Instead you decided to blow up after eight years of experience on this particular topic.

I think anyone reading your post has reasonable grounds to be suspicious, puzzled, wondering at the reason fror and timing of your outburst.

That you are doubling down by getting pissed at other folks reactions is understandable but not reasonable.

Next time, save the histrionics. Just ask a question the same way you would want someone to ask you.

Captain Christian

There are places where you can buy an FoE account. so this could be a noob with more money than sense.
Wow i never new there were so many until I searched it up.
Careful, WinnerGR, that wouldn't be a good way to get a name change! ;)
And yet the Official InnoGames Rules said:
5. Transfer of accounts and Diamonds
It is not allowed to play accounts for commercial purposes. It is not allowed to sell, buy, trade or offer accounts in exchange for Diamonds or any other benefit.

It is not allowed to exchange in-game items (e.g. goods, Forge Points etc.) for Diamonds or outside benefits (such as money, vouchers etc.).

An account can be transferred for free to another person. A prior express approval from the Support team must be given. An account may only be transferred once.

Diamonds may only be used by the account that bought them. Transferring Diamonds to another account is not possible.
Does anyone else notice something wrong here?

The Lady Redneck

It seems clear enough to me.
I am aware selling/buying accounts is very much against the rules.
Was not aware you could transfer an account for free with INNO's permission. Not that I would want to transfer my account to anyone. If I ever was to leave the game I would delete my cities and get support to delete my account.

Captain Christian

It seems clear enough to me.
I am aware selling/buying accounts is very much against the rules.
Was not aware you could transfer an account for free with INNO's permission. Not that I would want to transfer my account to anyone. If I ever was to leave the game I would delete my cities and get support to delete my account.
I would gift it if I was about to die, but if I just wanted to stop playing, I would keep it. Always better to keep it just in case you change your mind.

The Lady Redneck

Yeah. I did leave the game years ago thinking I would never be back. Then ended up getting back on line, by which time it was to late. So had to start over. Will NOT make the same mistake again.