• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Marijuana] Two states it's legal, more to follow? Government says, "Wanna bet?"

DeletedUser3

Actually, that is misleading. It is not "due to" marijuana, it is only indicative of fatal accidents in which the "only" drug found within the person was marijuana.

As stated by the source of that misrepresenting post, "The differences in crash responsibility rate between all of the frequently occurring drug groups and the drug free group were found to be statistically insignificant."

Best to review the sources, rather than the flawed summary posed by some net njub.

DeletedUser2711

Right. Ok so it is absolutely never going to happen that no one ever in the corse of human history is going to ever drive after taking a hit. Have I used enough absolutes? There is no doubt that people drive high. There is no doubt that people get in accidents while high. If it has not been proven beyond a doubt, that just means that bigfoot does not exist. Seriously. It has happened but is that an argument against it's legality. No.

The challenge was to name one. So you can absolutely, without a doubt say that there has never been one? Rather naive of you.

Oh and by the way, I didn't inhale. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3

Meh, I was just pointing out the link you provided is misleading. Not entering into the debate as to whether marijuana has killed. Better to point out the carcinogenic properties if you want "indisputable." ;)

DeletedUser

I heard while watching Alaska State troopers at some spoint that Marijuana was one of they leading causes of Sexual Abuse on minors.
Im not much of a debator just telling yopu what I heard.I will look it up and see if I can back this claim up.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/topics-in-brief/marijuana

Impaired short-term memory (memory of recent events)—making it hard to learn and retain information, particularly complex tasks. Slowed reaction time and impaired motor coordination—throwing off athletic performance, impairing driving skills, and increasing the risk of injuries Altered judgment and decisionmaking—possibly leading to high-risk sexual behaviors that could lead to the spread of sexually transmitted diseases. Increased heart rate by 20-100%—may increase the risk of heart attack, especially in otherwise vulnerable individuals Altered mood—euphoria, calmness, or in high doses, anxiety, paranoia
Long-term marijuana abuse can lead to:
Addiction
Poorer educational outcomes and job performance, diminished life satisfaction
Respiratory problems—chronic cough, bronchitis
Risk of psychosis in vulnerable individuals
Cognitive impairment persisting beyond the time of intoxication

DeletedUser2982

Thats what the gov. want you to believe, It help me with sleep apnea, up set stomach, nausea, makes food so much better, keeps me from being a complete you know what and my hand eye coordination is on fire.

DeletedUser

Thats what the gov. want you to believe, It help me with sleep apnea, up set stomach, nausea, makes food so much better, keeps me from being a complete you know what and my hand eye coordination is on fire.
I don't dispute that marijuana has medicinal properties, like all opioids it dulls the nerves and reduces pain, hence why it is useful as a prescribed medicine. I can assure you, however, dulled nerves are not conducive to reliable hand eye coordination nor better tasting food. It's the drugs talking when you perceive food [you like] to taste any better, like a drunk blowing 0.2 insisting they are fine to drive.

DeletedUser

It's personal anecdote time. A close friend of mine is a self-confessed complete pothead who works long shifts, owns property, is happily in a relationship, heavily into organic gardening and one of the nicest people I know.

DeletedUser

(Said in the tone of Barnes from Platoon) Smoking dope....whada ya'll know about smoking dope........

DeletedUser3

I know that smoking it irritates my lungs in the same manner as a cigarette. I know that consuming it upsets my stomach in the same manner as eating food with too much pesto or other herbs. I know that the medicinal effects are largely bloated fabrications, I know the only medically approved use, based on scientific evidence supporting its effectiveness, is for glaucoma (all other uses being contrived). I know that if you go to a clinic to obtain an annual prescription for marijuana, you will be surrounded by young people, mostly potheads, picking up a prescription for the sole purpose of recreation (as is obvious by listening to their conversations while sitting in the lobby). I know that it is a recreational drug for the vast majority of users and that those who ventured to try it to treat or help address their medical issues have been largely disappointed with the hype.

I know that legalizing and taxing it will save the taxpayers billions of dollars in the long run, reducing the expense of housing pothead users and dealers within our correctional institutions, providing additional revenue through taxation, providing jobs by restricting production to the U.S., or by imposing import taxes to counter the savings of foriegn production, creating research efforts to produce healthier and safer derivatives and thc products.

DeletedUser34

someone said to me not two days ago, or maybe it was 3, that compared to the rest of the world, the US is rather rightest, and/or known to be very conservative. That said, if we are so right, according to the rest of the world, and by world I am going to assume this person was referring to the European countries, and those in the Outback...Why not just legalize it? How can it be wrong if currently, it is accepted by the rest of the world?

DeletedUser

someone said to me not two days ago, or maybe it was 3, that compared to the rest of the world, the US is rather rightest, and/or known to be very conservative. That said, if we are so right, according to the rest of the world, and by world I am going to assume this person was referring to the European countries, and those in the Outback...Why not just legalize it? How can it be wrong if currently, it is accepted by the rest of the world?
That's no argument.

Mind me: While I'm fully for legalising it, just saying "everyone else does it" is NOT a good argument.(and it's not true either; Most European countries take an example from the US's ill-minded stance in this matter...)
There are plenty of good reasons to favour the legalisation of Marihuana without having that one being brought to the table.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34

oh, I have already posted my arguments for the legalization of it.....(many pages up in fact)
This post was to one specific person pointing out their double standards.

DeletedUser3422

Marijuana should be legal along with buying soda, smoking cigarettes, hiring and firing whoever you want for whatever reason you want, and shooting people in the act of stealing from you.

DeletedUser3

Marijuana should be legal along with buying soda, smoking cigarettes, hiring and firing whoever you want for whatever reason you want, and shooting people in the act of stealing from you.

Really? How about shooting people for smoking cigarettes near me or firing people for not giving me sex when I demanded it?

DeletedUser

I believe it is our god given right to smoke and eat whatever we please, as long as it does not endanger the health of others around me. funny, they are so crazy about pot, when it is cigarettes that is killing everyone. Makes you wonder...