• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Marilyn Monroe Historical Questline Feedback

DeletedUser27796

"You seem to lack understanding of the purpose of a forum. A forum is designed for users to state their opinions; whether they are good or bad."

May I add one word to that sentence to qualify it? RESPECTFULLY. We can disagree without being disagreeable. I do not think this is a "player revolt"; nor is Innogames evil nor are players asking for expansions wrong for doing so. This is an opportunity to express concerns over game playability, make positive suggestions and learn from one another - I hope. Everyone has an OPINION, and that's a good thing.

Rule #1 in common sense blogging ... never complain about a problem unless you are prepared to offer a solution. Rule #2 ... do it with decency and respect and forego the name-calling and vitriol. Earlier I provided three suggested options - can anyone else provide more? That's why I posted - to hear from others and get an exchange of ideas going for Innogames as well as the rest of us to see. Maybe something posted here would be of value to my guild members - who knows? And incidentally, I am just a PLAYER like you folks. I do not work for anyone but ME and my membership.

I am serious though, these are good issues. This Marilyn Monroe thing is a relatively easy quest (as these things go) and the prize is actually pretty decent - a smaller footprint at 3x4 for a multi-production building than usual. But maybe others have ideas to share to make the next one better? There have to be some out there ...
Respect is earned not given. I don't respect any of you. Lmao

Freshmeboy

Just planted my Rosarium....can't really see any detail without 220% magnification. Seems to be a woman spurning the advances of a suitor in a garden. Hell, who cares...? It gives three fps in a day in the same footprint as three Sok's. Not a bad little building for dinking around a couple of days this week.

DeletedUser26154

You'll win a Nobel Prize in no time.

I bought $80 worth of diamonds once and used it to get all bonus expansions from BA to PME so that's 20 expansions extra I have that a completely free player wouldn't have.

Smartest way to spend Diamonds because the expansions last forever.

just tell them to start hunting Medals in the right place.

1e4f655f221cc3022f52a7dacce95a12.png

Not a bad little building for dinking around a couple of days this week.

Doing stuff we'd be doing anyway.

DeletedUser29210

My last four random prizes have all been blueprints (Quests 3 through 7). Has anyone else had this happen?

DeletedUser30943

Quest Stages 8 and 9 are a bit unbalanced when taken together, particularly for cities that are just starting a new age. The problem is in the part that wants you to "Delete 7 units from your age or spend 15 forge points", then "Recruit 5 units from your age or 6 from the previous age". Here are my four cities as an example:

* City 1: mid-Early Middle Ages. Most of the military options are in the mid-to-late age, and I've been focussing on other things, so I don't have 7 units in my age! I've had enough warning, though, so I've built a second Mounted Archer Range, and will likely get through Stage 8 in a few hours when I get there (won't quite have time to build 7 units, but it should just be one unit to build for each building when I get to that stage). For Stage 9, I'll want to go with previous-aged units, though, which means I'll have to delete another 6 units from that age to make room, then spend about 2 hours apiece across three military buildings, so 4 hours.
Approx time to delete/recruit units: 8 hours, 13 units deleted.

* City 2: earlyish-Early Middle Ages. Already at Stage 8, but I hadn't clued into the problem before I got here. I deleted the 4 units I had from that age, and started on a second Mounted Archer Range, but it's still going to be a while before I get the full 7 units deleted. If I hadn't had room for the extra building, it could've been up to 12 hours, which would've made FP the better option, but with the second range, it'll only be about 7 hours, I think, between construction and training. Same problem with the unit reconstruction as above.
Approx time to delete/recruit units: 11 hours, 13 units deleted.

* City 3: very early-Early Middle Ages. I have absolutely no military units of my age yet, nor am I anywhere close to researching and building a Mounted Archer Range. I have no choice but to spend the 15 FP. That's 15 hours (give or take random FP rewards) for Stage 8, plus another 4 hours (counting only the recruiting) for Stage 9.
Approx time to delete/recruit units: 19 hours, 6 units deleted.

* City 4: late-Iron Age. 7 units will be deleted instantly, and among five military buildings, Stage 9 will be completed fairly quickly.
Approx time to delete/recruit units: 2 hours, 7 units deleted.

I think Stage 8, like Stage 9, should've been "Delete 7 units from your age or X from the previous age". This would've made these two quest stages complement one another and be much more uniform across all ages and players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30312

I completed I think the first 5 quests, but I'm going to stop here. The next one is research a tech or donate to the guild treasury, and I'm far more interested in the upcoming Galileo quest.

DeletedUser28077

Last time I checked Innogames is a for-profit venture. I personally see no issue AT ALL with them putting on these events as an incentive to spend real money buying things from them. As I have said in the past I hope their stock value goes up! This game cannot be free folks - sometimes they need to make a few Euros (Shillings, Dollars, etc). And they are entitled to.

What I do suggest respectfully to Innogames is that you listen carefully to all the noise about the lack of adequate expansions for peoples' cities. This year in particular there have been more events than I have seen in this game in a long time - kudos for that, but you are now running the risk of alienating your own base by squeezing them out of these events for lack of space to place the prizes. And that will cost you paying customers.

Suggestions:

1. More expansions are needed - both paid and as prizes so people can fit all the new buildings in.
2. Be careful about the speed at which you are releasing all these events. Slow down a hair. Let folks just play the game sometimes - and give them time to buy from you, which they will.
3. The promotion you are running today for those who did not win - "buy the Elephant Fountain" - is a great idea! More of those kinds of specials will make you money. Folks will take the deals and you'll sell diamonds. I'd bet the farm on it.

Overall I think Innogames has done a pretty decent job. The game is growing, fun and I know my own guilds have seen a marked increase in new applicants over the past few months in most of our worlds. This means something is going right for FOE, whether marketing, game interest or other factors.

We are part of a healthy game environment. Minor problems and improvements are always going to be there - but overall it's pretty solid in my opinion.

MikeJ916 - Founder, Metaphysic StarGate Family of Guilds
I agree with most of what you said but INNO is getting lazier and not very INNOvative. This latest OF release is a joke. INNO phoned it in on this one.

DeletedUser30943

At what time (and in what time zone) does the event come to an end on August 7? If it's end-of-day, do we have all day August 7 (11:59pm) or is it the minute it turns August 7 (12:00am)?

Just asking because I just started a new city today, and by my calculations, if everything goes well, I can probably still get a Rosarium, but the timing's gonna be tight, so knowing whether I have that day or not will make a difference.

DeletedUser26120

At what time (and in what time zone) does the event come to an end on August 7? If it's end-of-day, do we have all day August 7 (11:59pm) or is it the minute it turns August 7 (12:00am)?

Just asking because I just started a new city today, and by my calculations, if everything goes well, I can probably still get a Rosarium, but the timing's gonna be tight, so knowing whether I have that day or not will make a difference.
Last event ended early, like midnight on the day of. So it may end at 12:00am August 7th (night of 6th) - I'd go ahead and be prepared for that.

Not 100% sure it will end then but don't chance it.

ODragon

Come up with better tasks then let us know. I know I can't do better.

Here are some. I do think some of them should have an "OR" attached to them. Do below OR do something else.

-Put up X number of trades (yes, easy but different and may have some people explore a different part of the map).
-Trade for x number of goods
-Have someone take your trades
-Start Scouting a province (so one doesn't have to wait such a long time to complete it, not like you can cancel it).
-Lose 3+ troops in a battle but still win the battle.
-Collect a blueprint
-Plunder an opponent (just for you)
-Don't attack your neighbors for 24 hours
-Spend # FP on someone else's GB
-Negotiate and win 3 GE encounters
-Battle and win 3 GE encounters
-Get your FP bar to 10

I'd also prefer to see things in orders that make sense. Example
-Build 3 residential buildings
-Collect coins from 3 residential buildings
-Destroy 3 residential buildings

DeletedUser30943

Last event ended early, like midnight on the day of. So it may end at 12:00am August 7th (night of 6th) - I'd go ahead and be prepared for that.

Not 100% sure it will end then but don't chance it.
Thanks for the warning, Dursland!

Algona

Open ip the Event Window, the one that tells you how many Quests you've completed. Click on the '?' in the upper right corner.

Thatt has been used for the last 20 Events or so, so I suppose it will be in future Events as well.

Last edited: