• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Marilyn Monroe Historical Questline Feedback

DeletedUser26965

Link: Marilyn Monroe Historical Questline

Quests: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Historical_Questline:_Marilyn_Monroe

P_SS_MultiAge_MonroeBonus17.png

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Rosarium

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26829

Now I'm seriously miffed.. Marilyn Monroe? Really? Nice looking young woman and all -- but how does she qualify as formidable??
If FoE was determined to give a portrait of a Holywood Actress, why not Hedy Lamarr? Somebody who has actually made important scientific contribution, as well as being able to act..

DeletedUser27927

They should start including expansions among their prizes!

There are several actors who made contributions to other fields and don't necessarily get the recognition this would warrant. Jay Silverheels, for example (Tonto on the old "Lone Ranger" series, but he was also an inventor), and others who, like Maralyn, left the world too early. Ted Cassidy (best known as Lurch from "The Adams Family" (though his hand also appeared as Thing) but also an accomplished voice actor and budding stage writer at the time of his death at age 47) comes to mind. Lurch was originally supposed to be a non-speaking part, until Ted ad libbed the line "youuu rraaaaaannnggg?" and it became iconic.

cbalto1927

Nice building, a shame that with so many game events, there is no room for all those event buildings.
Perhaps after reaching advanced eras there will be more city space.

If you have other multi-producing buildings such as Soccer field, Lulu, or Masquerade Ball. You can replace them with Rosarium since the building provides small space 3X4. It isnt bad for a small footprint.

DeletedUser30531

Now I'm seriously miffed.. Marilyn Monroe? Really? Nice looking young woman and all -- but how does she qualify as formidable??
If FoE was determined to give a portrait of a Holywood Actress, why not Hedy Lamarr? Somebody who has actually made important scientific contribution, as well as being able to act..

You certainly make a good point about Hedy Lamarr. I would also nominate stars like Myrna Loy, who was active in the war effort (WWII) at home FULL-time, and so outspoken against the Nazis that she ended up on Adolph Hitler's blacklist. I'd also nominate Josephine Baker, who actively spied on the Nazis for the Allies, in part by smuggling secret information written on her sheet music, written in invisible ink!

HOWEVER... All that said... Marilyn Monroe was far more than "just a pretty face". She herself took her own stand for human rights right here in the U.S., including using her fame and influence to break down the wall of discrimination a a nightclub, for now jazz legend Ella Fitzgerald. As for Marilyn's acting abilities... if you see her performance in "Clash By Night" with Barbara Stanwyck, you'll see that she was more than the wide-eyed, breathy bleached blonde caricature Hollywood relentlessly typecast her into.

DeletedUser28903

This begins on a Monday, which raises the question: will we finally get new neighborhoods next Monday?

For y'all's amusement, a Survey Question:

Unchanged. Which is worse: diapers or neighborhoods?

Looking forward to y'all's replies :)

p.s. Please don't get too gross in your replies. I don't want the devs mad at me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28903

Agreed again. Excellent idea! I should I say (a la Gomez Addams...) "Capital suggestion!" :D
It's called MEDALS.
An expansion itself would make a grand prize for a major event. For finishing all the quests. Maybe requiring you to turn in some items from inventory to get it.
This would be everybody's Christmas wish.

DeletedUser30661

I agree in part with mummytime above, since Hedy Lamarr was a pioneer in science. It took decades for her "Secrete Communication Device" to became an important element in the development of technology to maintain the security of both military communications and cellular phones, though it was originally designed to allow torpedoes to be guided without interference (radio jamming) during WW2 (which the military decided not to use at the time). For this she won, in 1997 three years before her death, the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Pioneer Award, and was first female to receive the BULBIE Gnass Spirit of Achievement Award. However, since she played Delilah in Samson and Delilah, many of us already have her for an Avatar picture (see, they did notice her). Norma Jeane, miss Marilyn Monroe, overcame a LOT of trouble in her life and became the best remembered Hollywood actresses in the world, and one of the most imitated icons of the Silver Screen. So yes I believe she does deserve her own Quest Line, as do many other female icons from days gone by, many of which are already in the game. Amelia Earhart and Betty Page are 2 others that I have noticed from the last quest line, though I am sure there are others (I'm fairly new and haven't gotten through everything yet).
And Algona, only someone who has seen "Blazing Saddles" would get that punch line (still giggling over here).

DeletedUser26532

Or how about Audrey Hepburn? Equally or more gorgeous, classy, UN humanitarian, and spent World War II seducing and shanking Nazis in occupied France.