• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Do Not Suggest Mark Favorite Buildings -- Check Visual Aid Please

Favorite buildings option for decorations, productions, residential, cultural and goods building?

• Total voters

Nice2HaveU

Idea:
To provide the marking of favorite buildings option for decorations, productions, residential, cultural and goods building.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Did not find similar idea (tried myself if somewhere got missed means please forgive me).

Reason:
Mostly during event quests or daily challenge quest, need to look for decoration or cultural building which is very cheap to built ( also for production and other buildings when quest requests). Picking one example quest, "build 5 or 7 decorations" did not mention any age so players can opt to select however they want. With few clicks users can get the desired building to make the quest job done. Then why this idea, because some events has child quests which needs to be completed repeatedly for achieving the bigger rewards. On that scenario, having this idea of favorite building marked, it can be displayed in the favorite section shows the marked items only which can reduce few clicks both PC and mobile. (favorite section icon placed in the visual aid - above residential building icon). So when the event getting progressed having one blacksmith, obelisk or tree, one current age goods building, one previous age goods building, one current age cultural building and one current age residential building etc., under favorite section reduce few clicks during the events. Favorite section only shows the marked items and used whenever required. It can be used for RQs too when needed.

Details:
Having favorite section will be much useful in both PC and mobile where as in mobile one more tab to be added before the residential tab section (visual aid given for PC only - sorry). Mobile can also have the same feature without any trouble, since same logic. Also, some users if they are not interested in doing this favorite option, settings menu options must be provided similar to diamond confirmation checkbox like "Mark Favorite" in which user can have control to keep and reset favorite section from the actual game environment. If users enabled for few months and disabled later, it can be of INNO choice to do a complete reset or storing virtually somewhere if user enables it again (Feeling like both the approach doesn't cause any trouble to the users). Also, Favorite section should consists only 4 or 5 slots max. Users have to decide wisely pick their favorites.

Visual Aids:

Favorite section with Yellow Star icon above residential building icon.

prodcution marked.png

decoration marked.png

Balance:
This idea won't cause any harm.

Abuse Prevention:
Do not see any possible way to abuse this.

Summary:
Hope, everyone understood the idea with my bad English. Sorry for it, couldn't help it. Please do support this idea, since it will be useful.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

The trouble with this idea is that it only saves clicks in theory, not in practicality. Just in your examples, you give 6 different buildings that you would include in the Favorites section. That means that you would have two pages of buildings in that tab at the very least, probably much more to cover all possibilities.

In practicality, that means that for the 5-7 Decorations of any age quest, you're only saving one click for the entire process. Let me illustrate using my default any-age Decoration, Stone Age Trees.
Currently, you would need 4 clicks for the first one (Build menu, Decorations tab, back to beginning button, Tree), and two clicks for the rest (Build menu, Tree). Once you select Decorations, that will remain your default tab as long as you stay on the main city screen.
Under your Idea, you would need 3 clicks for the first one (Build menu, back to beginning button, Tree). This assumes that the Favorites tab would be at the top, as you describe, and thus the default tab. For each additional Tree, you still need just two clicks (Build menu, Tree) just as you do currently.
Let's review. Currently you would need 12 clicks to build 5 Stone Age Trees under the current system. Under your Idea, you would need 11 clicks to do the same. Is saving one click really worth the developers' time? I think not. You may disagree. I also don't think this would even save one click more than once or twice per event, at the most. It's just too rare of an occurrence to be useful in practical terms.

Nice2HaveU

The trouble with this idea is that it only saves clicks in theory, not in practicality. Just in your examples, you give 6 different buildings that you would include in the Favorites section. That means that you would have two pages of buildings in that tab at the very least, probably much more to cover all possibilities.

In practicality, that means that for the 5-7 Decorations of any age quest, you're only saving one click for the entire process. Let me illustrate using my default any-age Decoration, Stone Age Trees.
Currently, you would need 4 clicks for the first one (Build menu, Decorations tab, back to beginning button, Tree), and two clicks for the rest (Build menu, Tree). Once you select Decorations, that will remain your default tab as long as you stay on the main city screen.
Under your Idea, you would need 3 clicks for the first one (Build menu, back to beginning button, Tree). This assumes that the Favorites tab would be at the top, as you describe, and thus the default tab. For each additional Tree, you still need just two clicks (Build menu, Tree) just as you do currently.
Let's review. Currently you would need 12 clicks to build 5 Stone Age Trees under the current system. Under your Idea, you would need 11 clicks to do the same. Is saving one click really worth the developers' time? I think not. You may disagree. I also don't think this would even save one click more than once or twice per event, at the most. It's just too rare of an occurrence to be useful in practical terms.
Yes Johnny. have to disagree. Because, if you are in SAV and need to build blacksmiths, how many clicks you will do. One time setting in favorites, it is making you do less click instead of clicking production building menu or double arrow head button. same for decorations too. It will actually makes the job quite beneficiary with this idea.

For example, one blacksmiths, one obelisk and one current age decoration and one current age cultural building or goods buildings. If setting like that, you need to change the favorites only when level/age changed. Till that, it makes much benefit to all users to progress on the events. And you playing most of the worlds, setting this favorite buildings, actually helps you instead of checking every time to pick the building. Completely agree for developers to put some effort, but globally it will make all the users happy with this proposed idea.

From the on going (2021 archaeology) event, tablet missions are one of the example where repeatedly doing the same missions again and again and that time favorite building section helps much by selecting our favorites wisely. Still myself feeling like you will support this idea :)

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Because, if you are in SAV and need to build blacksmiths, how many clicks you will do.
You never NEED to build blacksmiths in SAV. If you do it is your own choice. Same with all the other options you mention. They are your own choice to build. What you are looking for is an easier option to do quests. That is making the game easier and makes it DNS.

You have posted this exact same idea on the EN server as well, so let them deal with it. Here I am moving it to DNS.