• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Market PvP aspect clearly for new players

Kranyar the Mysterious

First of all, they never said that PvP is for new players. I only started PvP pretty late into the game. And obviously they should have "NO HOPE" to rank in the top 20/topw three because they shouldn't try to be top 20. Also, even if they did try it wouldn't be that hard because the units are the same age as yours.
So much this. A king of the hill style of pvp would be much worse for new players than what we have, since they would have to defeat everyone above them, and Iron or EMA troops with single or double digit attack boosts wouldn't stand a chance against FE units with a much higher boost, little alone SAV units.

Emberguard

So much this. A king of the hill style of pvp would be much worse for new players than what we have, since they would have to defeat everyone above them, and Iron or EMA troops with single or double digit attack boosts wouldn't stand a chance against FE units with a much higher boost, little alone SAV units.
True. We‘d all be slaughtered if we had to compete directly against everyone on the server and weren’t in the endgame ages

While it does depend on how many are competing for your given world, going up in the ranks only requires doing slightly more than the player above you (and being consistent on it)

This means if the vast majority are only going for the middle fight option, then always picking the top fight option and completing 100% of your fight chances will give you progress in going up the ranks. (And of course once you know which players you can’t beat adjust to the middle option so you’re not losing points)

If everyone is doing that then doing the above plus adding 1 extra fight per day would then make progress. If everyone starts buying extra attempts and doing the hardest fights while doing all possible free fights then the competition would be based on who can buy and succeed at the most fights season.

However, the people with the drive to put everything into competing isn’t going to be the majority. Most are unlikely to even do all the free attempts. As long as that’s true it won’t take much to get within the top 500 on a world.

Edit:
B) In PVP Arena, Rogues aren't targeted first like they are in GBG/GE. (At least, not in my experience.)
Correct. Beta Players asked for PvP Arena to limit the usefulness of Rogues by using the same logic as the Continent Map: ignore rogues, target real units first. It was also requested that only Army Boost Great Buildings apply.

If anything that’s probably the biggest setback for new players. Not the fight difficulty or even the amount of fights, but just figuring out that Rogues are ineffective for PvP Arena and therefore need to adjust your strategy from what would work elsewhere

Last edited:

NickGlover314

With the ranking points never resetting PvP definitely is NOT for new players. A new player has NO HOPE to rank in the top 20 let alone the top 3. When they have to compete with someone that has been playing more than a month longer then them. In addition there is not much difference in the rewards other than for the top 3 spots. How does that give ANYONE an incentive to play PvP ???

This is not entirely true. The global ranking points are never completely reset, but everybody's global ranking points are reduced by 10% after every weekly competition. So over time, a new player does have a chance to "catch up" to established players and rank higher. You aren't going to reach the top 20 unless you fight a lot, though.

Ironrooster

This is not entirely true. The global ranking points are never completely reset, but everybody's global ranking points are reduced by 10% after every weekly competition. So over time, a new player does have a chance to "catch up" to established players and rank higher. You aren't going to reach the top 20 unless you fight a lot, though.
Yes, but so are the new player's points reduced after the second week and beyond. You'll have to buy additional fight with medals (or diamonds) and the medals cost goes up with each buy.
Most new players don't have the resources in troops and medals to catch up. Not to mention their A/D boosts are probably pretty low as well.
All in all, just not for new players. GBG is a much better option for their meager resources

Emberguard

Most new players don't have the resources in troops and medals to catch up. Not to mention their A/D boosts are probably pretty low as well.
All in all, just not for new players. GBG is a much better option for their meager resources
If they don’t have the resources to catch up right at the start, there’s nothing stopping them from concentrating on the things they can do and gradually over time catch up. Brand new players aren’t going to have the attack boosts for matching others in GE, GBG or GvG either. But it won’t take long to be built up sufficiently to put a dent in once they know what they’re doing

NickGlover314

Yes, but so are the new player's points reduced after the second week and beyond.

Yes, but the newer player has less points to lose. The math works out that your PvP global ranking points at the beginning of each week ends up about 9 times the amount of points you earn each week. It will take over a year of participating in PvP to get there, but once there, you have to start earning more points each week to get your global ranking points any higher. So, once the new player gets up to being able to earn even slightly more points each week in PvP than the player(s) they are trying to pass, they will be able to pass them eventually.

To be in the top 20 in PvP, you have to spend some medals/diamonds on extra attempts (at least on my world). It doesn't matter if you've been playing from the beginning or not.

Darkest.Knight

I'm not sure why anyone would object to the pvp tower, it doesn't matter if ur hi or low lvl u always get a reward if u participate at all. Although I've just recently become a competitive fighter I always got something as I moved up the rankings and they made it easier to move along by giving attempt rewards. As far as the game goes in general, it's almost impossible to imagine finishing the storyline quests w/o having at least a minimally competent military; which was me. I got along fine w/o Alcatraz or many lvls in the other attack bonus GBs, wasn't much of a fighter but I managed to move along doing PVP fights on the way. They also provided difficulty lvls to choose from before doing the fight, I almost never choose the most difficult in the beginning and was able to consistently win, as my GBs lvls have increased I've progressed to choosing the most difficult fights. Really hard to generate enough attempts to move to the top of the list but I've found it's not that difficult to get to 30, but the #1 position is way out in front.