• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Market PvP aspect clearly for new players

Berridraun

I have zero interest in PvP and would not have invested days into the game had I known in advance, only to find that the Military Tactics research "unlocks" PvP, and you can't opt out. If I wanted this I'd still be playing Cash of Clans.

This was a huge waste of my time, and a massive disappointment for a game I was otherwise enjoying.
Suggest the game be more upfront about this feature in it's marketing, as it's a big deal that makes or breaks a game for many people.

Agent327

It unlocks PvP, but it does not force you to participate in any way. What it does is open the possibillity for you to attack your neighbours and be attacked by them. Game is upfront about that from the start.

Johnny B. Goode

If you stick around a while, you'll find that it's definitely not a big deal. You can safely ignore PvP altogether and thoroughly enjoy the game. If it's the being plundered part you don't like, there are measures you can take to offset and/or minimize it. If you just don't like fighting at all, you can mostly avoid it except for certain event and/or Daily Challenge quests, which are optional anyway.

Ericness

While you may find an aggressive neighbor or two early on, PvP is really not a big factor in the game. Not a lot of players engage in it and the amount of damage they can actually do is quite negligible (especially compared to similar games I've played).

That's not to say it can't be frustrating to get plundered when you are first starting out, but if you are otherwise enjoying the game why not stick with? It's really a minor thing that becomes very easy to ignore

Ebeondi Asi

You don't have to play PvP. Get over it. I will say if you hate PvP you may not find GbG much fun either. But you might like GE?
One positive side to PvP is that you can only lose so many (and have those points deducted up to the first five. Thise five mean nothing. they're to be expected. Period. (unless you have thousands of City defense bonus..and even then... LOL )
As for being attacked by yur Neighbors? Collect on time. Many new playrs go cray when attacked, even is no Plunder. The Plundering may get you to quit. No problem. Best suggestion is stop worrying about it. it will always be a part of the Game. The best way to not get plundered? Collect on time. and also no longer be at the bottom of the Neighborhood ranking. get to at least the middle and up. Do notadvance through the Era until you have some strength.

Last edited:

Agaselle

PVP ,GE, GBG, all together in a fighting bundle would make sense ,then me in first place of all ,gaselle....................

Ironrooster

You never directly fight other players.

You put up to 8 units in your city defense. When someone attacks your city, the Game AI uses your troops and whatever city defense boosts there are to fight the battle for you. Any troops wounded or lost during the battle are fully resurrected and healed without cost to you at the end of the battle regardless who wins, Note the attacker's losses are permanent. Hint, put in 8 unattached troops and forget about them.

PvP arena, GvG, and GBG are side games you can ignore. Although GBG can be played without fighting.

If you don't like fighting, you can ignore that also. I have 1 city in the PostModern Era that has only fought the tutorial battle which can not be avoided (or lost either). Except for one side quest, all the quests (at least so far) have a non-fighting option or can be aborted. The side quest can be ignored.

Last edited:

Ruanne

With the ranking points never resetting PvP definitely is NOT for new players. A new player has NO HOPE to rank in the top 20 let alone the top 3. When they have to compete with someone that has been playing more than a month longer then them. In addition there is not much difference in the rewards other than for the top 3 spots. How does that give ANYONE an incentive to play PvP ???

Ruanne

It unlocks PvP, but it does not force you to participate in any way. What it does is open the possibillity for you to attack your neighbours and be attacked by them. Game is upfront about that from the start.
Yes but

With the ranking points never resetting PvP definitely is NOT for new players. A new player has NO HOPE to rank in the top 20 let alone the top 3. When they have to compete with someone that has been playing more than a month longer then them. In addition there is not much difference in the rewards other than for the top 3 spots. How does that give ANYONE an incentive to play PvP ???

Arya66

There will (always) be somebody above you, and someone below you.. Put in the time and effort.
PvP can be useful to "practice" battles, gives you Castle points, experience points....

Ironrooster

There will (always) be somebody above you, and someone below you.. Put in the time and effort.
PvP can be useful to "practice" battles, gives you Castle points, experience points....
So does GBG with more rewards.
Yes but

Not resetting is truly an odd feature. Most contests start with everyone at 0.
The significant cutoff is 500. In the top 500 you have the same rewards with the only difference being the number of rogues/goods/diamonds if you win any of those 3 plus the number of medals you get.
Personally, I am playing mainly for the renovation and one up kits so top 500 is all I need. But I only play PVP in my most advanced world. It's the only one with enough troops and A/D boosts to stay in the top 500.

I suppose since participation rate is so low you could do a few battles for the prizes below 500th place but in the top 3000. I don't know what the minimum number of battles is to get the low prizes so I don't know if that's worth it or not.

Arya66

Yes but

Are you talking about PVP Personal ranking? It resets the 1st of the month.

Ruanne

So does GBG with more rewards.

Not resetting is truly an odd feature. Most contests start with everyone at 0.
The significant cutoff is 500. In the top 500 you have the same rewards with the only difference being the number of rogues/goods/diamonds if you win any of those 3 plus the number of medals you get.
Personally, I am playing mainly for the renovation and one up kits so top 500 is all I need. But I only play PVP in my most advanced world. It's the only one with enough troops and A/D boosts to stay in the top 500.

I suppose since participation rate is so low you could do a few battles for the prizes below 500th place but in the top 3000. I don't know what the minimum number of battles is to get the low prizes so I don't know if that's worth it or not.
PvP a troop killer for sure, I lose more troops there then anywhere else and I play a lot of GbG , like you I only play in my advanced world because I started there when PvP started and altho I lose troops there not as much when I tried playing in my other world. I won't be playing anywhere else. because of that

Glockgemini

What I envisioned when first hearing about PvP was being assigned a guild and starting at the bottom, fight your way as far to the top as you could. Winning prizes depending on how high you got. Kinda like what many players do on dead mondays. I can normally make it all way.

Ruanne

I play lots of GbG so I get my Castle points from there and PvP kills troops 1000% more than GbG for the rewards given IMO and because I auto battle 100% of the time what experience do you get by battling in PvP?

Johnny B. Goode

I play lots of GbG so I get my Castle points from there and PvP kills troops 1000% more than GbG for the rewards given IMO and because I auto battle 100% of the time what experience do you get by battling in PvP?
A) In GBG you don't battle higher era troops.
B) In PVP Arena, Rogues aren't targeted first like they are in GBG/GE. (At least, not in my experience.)
C) In PVP Arena the smart play is to battle the higher era option if it's at all possible to beat it, so losses would naturally be higher.
D) When battling the higher era option, you almost never battle against low att/def boosts.
E) If you are auto battling under these scenarios, you are going to lose more troops than in GBG.

Personally, I manually battle most of the time in PVP Arena. It saves me tons of troops and allows me to beat higher era opponents that I absolutely could not on auto. For example, fighting against higher era troops when I'm using 8 Hovers or against mostly Hovers that have a higher att/def boost than I, I can make max use of terrain to win and have minimal losses.

Emberguard

With the ranking points never resetting PvP definitely is NOT for new players. A new player has NO HOPE to rank in the top 20 let alone the top 3
there is not much difference in the rewards other than for the top 3 spots. How does that give ANYONE an incentive to play PvP ??
Uh…. If there’s no real difference in rewards….. doesn’t that make it more orientated towards new players on that basis alone?

Ruanne said:
First of all, they never said that PvP is for new players. I only started PvP pretty late into the game. And obviously they should have "NO HOPE" to rank in the top 20/topw three because they shouldn't try to be top 20. Also, even if they did try it wouldn't be that hard because the units are the same age as yours.