• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Martin Luther King event - Feedback

DeletedUser1084

We love to hear what you have to say! Please place your compliments, concerns, suggestions and feedback here.

Happy Holidays!
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser1771

I agree w 1 pep ..I come to the game to get away from politics and daily stresses....if you do King who next....Maybe Jimmy Carter who has the courage to leave a church for being discriminatory..beyond his other accomplishments....but please don't go down this path...otherwise what next Trump..please no

DawnLight the Just

darkbox is correct. To play this game is to understand history, of which politics plays a big part. All you have to do is research the history of any of the GBs to know how political this game is.

DeletedUser1771

This isn't about being black but about bringing the horrible division that is so affecting our country today..next Sunday Iwill be in my church helping with a Polar peace march trying to get solutions to the violence which plagues Chicago neighborhoods so no its not race ..I just need a place to relax get away from the stresses I face everyday living in a city that violence rules

DeletedUser8428

Oh for heaven's sake. Since most states in the US recognize this as a national holiday, what on earth is the problem? It's ok to have events for Halloween and Valentines Day (neither of which is a federally recognized holiday and frankly, both are pointless) .......

DeletedUser18541

So now this game is jumping on the PC bandwagon? I'm not interested in "celebrating" a loud mouth black man, thanks. We have plenty of them around everyday.

DeletedUser18194

The ignorant and scared will have an issue with this event. I feel nothing but pity and sorrow for them. An event celebrating an individual who promoted love, respect, unity and equality amongst all humans regardless of sex, race, age or religion is excellent. It's because of individuals such as MLK that empires do get forged! Only the small minded and frightened ignorant individuals could possibly have an issue with such an event. Well done FOE! I applaud your courage and tenacity.

DeletedUser12063

I was a 16 years old kid, who watched the news daily, when MLK was assassinated and an 8 year old kid, who stayed up all night to see JFK win the election to be our next President, so the events of those times are very much a part of my life.

I realize this is just a mini event, but a portrait of MLK for 11 quests almost sounds insulting. I think you need to sweeten the pot.

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2730

This is a great idea. People play for fun, sure. But there's no reason they can't learn something along the way. It won't detract from the game, only add to their lives.

Very nice.

DeletedUser8622

I'm ex-military with majors in history and international relations. I understand and appreciate American history being used on U.S. server but would also like to see you guys include some snippets of info about your other servers events and the motivators for them in the forum info tags. Those that have knee-jerk reactions , (such as the very 1st poster here!...IF he was truly that ignorant and not just trolling everyone lol) , would not be disturbed from their bliss thereby since it would require them clicking the link to read it. The rest of us could enjoy learning a bit more about our world and it's histories.

DeletedUser11375

Being a part of the human race and embracing that which makes us HUMAN is a beautiful, celebratory event. I feel nothing but enthusiasm and gratitude for recognizing a human being who affected the world he lived in... it doesn't matter what "world" in which it occurred. Escaping reality does not preclude you from memorializing your own humanity.... giving some the benefit of the doubt, apparently.

Bryannicus

It's unfortunate that we have such remarks as the one describing Dr. King as a "loud mouthed black man." But it's clear that even 47 years after his death, focusing on race and racial politics is divisive. Halloween and Valentine's Day don't incite disagreements.

As a conservative Christian, while I would prefer that the "Winter Holiday" and "Spring Holiday" events be identified as Christmas and Easter (since the references to Christmas and Easter are so obvious), I understand the desire to avoid anything that would be divisive. Why is that policy being reversed in this case? Furthermore, this is a game that is marketed to a worldwide audience. Why would anyone outside the United States even be interested in such an event?

DeletedUser18194

COUNT me OUT !!!

Very annoying! I play here not to be preached to, you should can the politics .

Not a very bright FOLKS !
That is exactly how the ignorant STAY ignorant! By shouting "COUNT me OUT!!!". The ignorant and scared constantly shout "Count me out!" They count themselves out of everything that is different from their own small and tiny worlds and fear anything they don't recognize. It's sad and it should be the object of all our pity. The only answer to someone like 1pep, who enjoys the darkness of ignorance is to force them into the light of education. Perhaps someday this person might read a book and find that something as small as this MLK event is not political at all, but a very small and brave effort on FOE's part to expose us to the efforts of 1 human being who during his time here on earth only promoted love, respect and equality for all mankind. We are to feel sorry and true sorrow for individuals like 1pep... they live in a world of fear and ignorance. Sad... truly sad.