• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Martin Luther King event - Feedback

DeletedUser10563

I was going to come here and talk about the quest line and final prize....then I saw the hate. Sure players have right to share their opinion---but that doesn't mean everyone has to read it without using that same free speech to disagree with them. And of course most of the hate is simply trolling.

Bravo to Inno.
MLK has a federal holiday and no one is asking players to celebrate him anymore than they ask you to celebrate easter, halloween, or the portraits of elvis or other celebs. It is not being pc.....there is nothing politically correct about the event. It changes nothing in the game. It merely gives you his portrait and a previously awarded item at the end. Don't like easter or valentines day or halloween? Don't participate in the event. You can choose to ignore the event and not participate in it. An atheists can ignore easter events and doesn't have to build churches in their town. Smoking and alcohol (wine) against your religion don't makes them in your town.

Inno isn't asking any of us permission to run the event--it is already ongoing.
Inno seeing negative comments probably makes them feel glad they had the event. We don't game in a bubble. Everything about a game stemmed in history deals with real world people and events.

I also like that they are running more events. I would like it to be where there is always an event going and players pick and choose which to participate in since only daily hardcore diamond players would be able to do them all and finish them. I like choices. I like events. They are for regular players like most of us.

On a quest note-----the king statue as a prize for an event that requires players to gather and spend goods for 3 sectors and 1 tech as well as scout and build seems kinda weak....especially since it is a current prize that many people already have 1 or more in their cities.
I put my money where my mouth is and on some of my worlds I am skipping it and prepping for valentines day event. I completed it on one, ongoing on another 2, and skipped on the rest.

Also...thanks to those who know this is not just a game it is a community. I have friends I met here and talk to off the game. Thanks for speaking out against hate. You guys mskr this community and the guilds fun. People who realize there are real people playing this on the other end. People that chat and said happy new year and happy birthdays. Breathe life into the game. Otherwise just have a game with no player interaction and everyone merely deals with computer Ai npcs that run around attcking and defending.

Faith

ITown

I don't mind if they want to make an event celebrating MLK but I don't like the quest requirements. Negotiating 3 sectors costs me 500 PME-FE goods. Not going to pay that to get a portrait and a king.

Personally, I would have liked it if every quest required you to aid players. Makes more sense than scouting and infiltration.

DeletedUser1771

I strongly feel most of the FOE players would agree, Inno Team PLEASE stop coming out with these events and focus on improving your games function. For months now the lag on this game is becoming more and more of an issue. GvG is no longer enjoyable. Heck sometimes it takes longer to switch out damaged troops than it does to actually fight a battle. Before you all start giving me suggestion on how to improve it don't bother, it is not my machine nor is it the browser I use. Yes competing flash players have been disabled so they don't confuse each other and yes I have tried all sorts of other things to improve the performance and nothing seems to help. Lets come together as a gaming community and encourage Inno Games to update their servers to handle the capacity of all its players without lag issues. Then I will welcome any events or new game developments, but until then I say they should improve what they have already, before coming out with new things like events or higher ages.

TND
AMEN..have done all and today couldn't even battle..I clear all browsers b4 going to bed.....seems $ are going towards but not improved performace

DeletedUser1771

For me it is has nothing to do with "ignorant". The game is an escape from the real world, so it's not that it's MLK or he's black, it's that he's a real person. I greatly admire the man and shudder to think what would have become of the US without him and I could probably teach a lesson or two on him, but 1.) Not why I'm here. 2.) Portraits are lame. That doesn't make me or anyone else a bad person. Maybe to the Europeans he's someone that is new and people are curious, but not me. You have to know your customers.
look its one way they can make up for the lack of black avatars in the past...just saying..its pretty obvious.

DeletedUser1771

OK, it's kinda racist from the start. After the first quest you give a reward of "rope" ? Brings lynching to mind. Then the next quest is to build residential housing? Is that like projects? Then they ask for infiltration. By definition, sneaky and aggressive. smh.
My REAL problem is they say it's a random reward. Really? I'm playing in 4 worlds and the first reward in all 4 of them was, 5 rope. Just finished the second quest in a world and again, 5 rope. The players may not know what the reward will be but. the staff has rigged the rewards process.
Totally disingenuous. Nothing truly random about the rewards. :(
depends on which age you are in..obviously you are in an age where that is a good..I got fe goods...although it probabnly was a poor choice.

DeletedUser9393

When you sign in to a world, there is a screen that appears while the world is loading. It has a message telling players to try and finish the MLK event by Jan 16.
The pop up event quest says 18th on mouse over of ? (three dif dates 16th, 18th, 19th)
Wiki says 19th, 18th is MLK day

librarylu

AMEN..have done all and today couldn't even battle..I clear all browsers b4 going to bed.....seems $ are going towards but not improved performace

I had some of the worst "lags" in history when we landed in FE GvG. Like almost everyone else I blamed the game but several Support Tickets and experiments later I've found the latest Firefox + the Latest Adobe Flash and using Firefox in SAFE MODE for GvG has everything almost back to normal. I had a battle screen freeze up tonight but I uninstalled Flash then reinstalled it and haven't had the problem since.

Chrome used to be the most compatible browser for FoE but that seems to have changed since they started blocking Adobe Flash. I haven't used it since one of Chrome's updates messed up messaging and menus for Chromebook users. (That seems to have been fixed last time I checked.) I was using Chrome when FE opened and had the problem of being unable to battle in GvG on three different computers, all using Chrome. It would seem to be more of a problem with the built-in than some nefarious plot by Inno and its servers to spoil our fun.

I've noticed no slowdowns or problems with the event. The events keep things interesting for me and while I'd like something a little better than a king (King/king....get it?) for a reward at least it's less easily obtained than Columbus' globe.

I think Inno is doing a remarkable job. If they weren't would we even have this game to complain about?

planetofthehumans2

OK, it's kinda racist from the start. After the first quest you give a reward of "rope" ? Brings lynching to mind. Then the next quest is to build residential housing? Is that like projects? Then they ask for infiltration. By definition, sneaky and aggressive. smh.
My REAL problem is they say it's a random reward. Really? I'm playing in 4 worlds and the first reward in all 4 of them was, 5 rope. Just finished the second quest in a world and again, 5 rope. The players may not know what the reward will be but. the staff has rigged the rewards process.
The reward depends on your age. I'm in FE and getting algea, which to my knowledge has no racist connotations.

DeletedUser10415

The random rewards are the same random rewards from the recurring quests one gets at the end of an age's story line. You got rope twice. I got 5 brick. I got 20 diamonds.

DeletedUser11180

Its an event, doesn't matter what it is really. The guy was good people, they made an event for a good man. The prizes mean nothing, so stop hanging on that factor. Just make sure thru life you are fair and real. That's what life is about.

DeletedUser8420

On one of the quests I got 45 diamonds...so think that is pretty good. I hadn't realized it because it was one of the quest auto completed and it popped over so fast I didn't catch it. So I contacted support. They reviewed the auto completed, sending me the list of which were auto completed and what the rewards I had gotten. I checked the diamond total and sure enough they were there.

DeletedUser9184

When you sign in to a world, there is a screen that appears while the world is loading. It has a message telling players to try and finish the MLK event by Jan 16.
Ah, it should be the 19th. A countdown to the correct ending time can be found if you go to the question mark next to the close button on the quest window, and look at the bottom:
J4Gua7F.png

MbJONAD.png

DeletedUser21021

Martin Luther King Jr. is a Historical figure and it is important to continue recognizing these people and their contributions.

I want to personally say I appreciate the designers (FoE) for what they've accomplished here, and wish I could join their team.
Thank You and Good Luck!

DeletedUser10563

OOps.
I was incorrect.
The reward is not just the king but a peace statue as well (2X1 happiness)

DeletedUser10415

Acquire one sector without fighting - fine. Acquire THREE sectors without fighting is insane, and impossibly expensive for anyone who isn't below EMA or for those who've already completed the continent and so don't have to find those goods somewhere.

DeletedUser10517

Is there another to complete sectors without fighting??????

No Chance,....its way too expensive.

DeletedUser10415

Is there another to complete sectors without fighting??????

No Chance,....its way too expensive.

Way too expensive. Three in total. First a quest for one sector, then later on a quest to acquire two more sectors. I'm on the FE map. There's no way I'm completing this event - no matter how much I approve of Dr. King.

DeletedUser10563

Complete sector without fighting
also
Complete 2 sectors without fighting
also
Research Technology

Than is 3 goods unlocks plus 1 goods unlock that also requires forge points.

I understand that this is because an event based on a man of peace would not "require" combat as solution for a quest while requiring most be solved thru building up and negotiating. I accept the premise. But having one "aquire without fighting" would have been less of a pain than 3. Oh well.....I finished it quickly anyways and the prizes were nice. Not great, not new or unique but they were still nice (sucked when i thought it was just the king , but king plus peace statue made it nice).

Ylisaveta

I play in 5 worlds as well. I had no intention of playing the event since it would eat up my continent map negotiating, and the rewards weren't good enough for that. I did the first one, though: got diamonds, goods on 2 (in different ages), coins, and a small forge point pack. Sounds like you just got unlucky. No reason to extrapolate that to the whole event, or for every player.