• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Max trades?

wiserpenny

So i cant post any more trades... is there a max number you can post to market? Cant find anything online.

have trades up and down multiple of each in almost every age.... i think FOE is telling me ive flooded the market...

Tony 85 the Generous

99 pages is a lot of trades. I usually do 25 to 50 pages. Before you say WHAT!, first consider that you don't know what is in demand so you need to cover your bases. Second, do the math. With 5 goods per age, trade each up or down for 5 goods of "the other age", and 10 trades of 20:10 or 10:20. That works out to 250 trades (5x5x10) and at 10 per page is 25 pages. Do this for two ages and you have 50 pages of trades.

I switch to mobile to post trades because it is at least 10x more responsive than on PC browser.

I do wish they would reconsider grouping the same trades by player and using a quantity column (Player A, Offers x amount of good B for y amount of good C, X trades available). This would prevent buyers from having to wade through multiple of the same trade they are not interested in while also allowing for the posting of a quantity of the same trade (instead sending 500 trades to the server, it would only be 50; ie., a 10x reduction in network traffic).

Last edited:

Tony 85 the Generous

I would comment there is no mention of the size of each trade. There are at times people who have no idea of what is the right size (quantity) to trade. The lowest Eras tend to small size trades. 10 maybe a big one is 25. Middle Era trades are a wider range. 25 to 200 (IE 100 for 200) then the later Era traders. 1000 for 500.
Within a Guild it doesn't matter as all are free. But when it costs Forge Points. no one wants to take twenty trades of 10 each instead of one trade for 100.
Just to mention...
You are correct that I did not detail that. The implication is based on my experience up to Colonial age where trades of 10:20 or 20:10 move the fastest in the market. I will occasionally make a set of trades 50:100/100:50 but most of those expire instead of being claimed.