• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

May Day Event 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

We are interested to hear your feedback for the May Day Event. Please place your comments and suggestions here.

Thank you!
Your Forge of Empires Team

Algona

Happy May Day.

I hope we all enjoy the Event and the riots in your city (RL and in game) not be too out of control.

Should we put together a betting pool on which Quest type gets the most forum complaints? Scout? Acquire? Tech? Other?

Jeez, I sound jaded. Which is odd because I haven't seen a jade relic in months.

Anyway, have fun with this Event! Thanks, INNO.

bomber9530

I've known this event was coming for a while now thanks to Beta players, but you guys waited a little late to send the Announcement. Don't ya think? It starts April 27th, and you posted it after midnight EST time so its already the 27th. You guys waited until the day of (or the last minute the night before depending on time zone) to post announcement. I remember when event Announcements were out WEEKS in advance. Not a few hours...

Anyways, other than that, I'm excited for the event.

DeletedUser27077

Happy May Day.

I hope we all enjoy the Event and the riots in your city (RL and in game) not be too out of control.

Should we put together a betting pool on which Quest type gets the most forum complaints? Scout? Acquire? Tech? Other?

Jeez, I sound jaded. Which is odd because I haven't seen a jade relic in months.

Anyway, have fun with this Event! Thanks, INNO.

Here you go ...

Ge_relic_rare.png

DeletedUser

You guys waited until the day of (or the last minute the night before depending on time zone) to post announcement.
I am sure they were working till the last minute to make sure the bugs were worked out in Beta;)

DeletedUser18225

I would like to complain about having to scout a province, having to acquire a province, and having to research tech. Since I'm first, I assume I win the Jade Relic. :) Please deposit it in my inventory. If the rest of the quests are this easy, I'm going to clean up in this event!

DeletedUser28021

If the information on the wiki is accurate, I'll need to research 2 techs, in order to get a bunch of random rewards (which I can get from quest loops), a reno kit, 3 boost crates, and the maypole. IIRC, there have been 3 tech research event quests in approximately the last month. Maybe 2 months.

I'm not ready to advance to the next age. I couldn't become ready even by spending RL $ on diamonds. (Some things cannot be purchased.)

Fortunately, even the best Maypole compares rather poorly with a similar sized cultural building - unless you also need the coins it can produce. I have so many coins people tell me I should go wild buying FP, so the coin benefit doesn't attract me.

So I'll be skipping this event.

Thanks for at least making the 5 year anniversary event available to those unwilling to research another tech.

DeletedUser26154

I, too, am skipping this event because of the "Research a Tech".
The fact that the end prize is no big deal, helps.

I want to be the one playing the game - not the game to play me.

I barely squeaked into readiness with this event.
To be honest, I was not expecting one to come so quick on the tails of two previous, lovely events.
Can't complain, I'd rather have an event and turn it down, instead of not having one.

But yeah, I got ready at the 11th hour.

ready 1.png ready 3.png
ready 2.png
ready 4.png

I have my two techs, my room to build things, excess population for building and of course my scout.

Let the event begin!

DeletedUser23249

I just do not understand why Inno continues to think that Happy buildings are such a wonderful prize because they are "not"! Even buildings that produce coins are not that great. When was the last time anyone came close to running low on coins, maybe someone in Iron Age but that would be it. I have so many happy buildings already in my inventory that will never see the light of day so why would I need/want a "Mighty" Maypole? Why not a Mighty Shrine of Knowledge or a Mighty Hall of Fame, please, something other than happiness and coins. These rewards from the recent events will probably be good for the lower level players, and I hope they serve them well but for the seasoned player, these events are just plain ridicules and childish at best. This will be just another event that I could care less about.

DeletedUser11251

For those who are having trouble with the research tech item, and everyone in general some advice....leave any unnecessary techs behind. I am trying to stay in FE but have the first tech into AF ready, but I have a tech in Modern that unlocks the soller derby rink or something I don't care about, so I can use that...it doesn't have to be in your current age.
One question...Does anyone know if the maypole upgrade items are age specific? If I have a FE maypole and leave the upgrade kits and the maypole in inventory until I'm in AF then plant the maypole (which would be FE) then hit it with an upgrade kit, will it upgrade the age like a reno kit???

DeletedUser26154

Agree
I am glad the end prize for this event is no biggie (like, for example, the prize of the Spring event)

If I couldn't manage to get something together, I would have skipped it.
I quietly skipped the Halloween Event last year because I was no where near ready for it.
The Halloween Event had a nice building for it too.
The events I truly adore are the ones where we can win multiple, coveted items like SoKs, Rogue Hideouts, etc.

Lately with these set pieces, the game play has changed.
I love these set pieces and these new, improved holiday items.
The upgrades add new luster and new life to their prizes.
Makes them more durable and higher value.
A coin boost to anyone who can finish the event?

Low era players have it easy lately with the list of prizes that give bonuses.
This year's events are wonderful kick-starts for players in new cities.
Think about it.
All the combat boosts, Forge Points, Goods, Happiness, Medals.
What new player would not adore those?

Keep these events coming.
You can not give us too many.
If we can't handle one, that's alright.
We'll catch the next one.

Please one request.

images (5).jpg

Give us more advance notice.

DeletedUser27023

After the Cherry Blossom Event, the bar has been set pretty high. The 5 year anniversary thing was quick and that was fine. Now though we are regressing back to the standard quests that really aren't quests anyway. I've always felt that the scouting and research a tech were intended to force players out of the recurring quest mode.

As already mentioned, the reward for this event is so trivial that it's not worth the effort anyway. I'll do what quests I can and stop when I get to quest #8; scouting.

DeletedUser27816

Will there be a female avatar available at the completion of this year's Maypole Event?