• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

May Day Event 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser26965

Doing research and cmap is not exactly a challenge or difficult. If I may, allow me to try to explain for the sake of most of those who are upset. More and more events are being added to the game and with those more and more quests are appearing to push players forward in the game by researching, cmap and fp spending. Now if you're at the end game or in the middle of advancing through the game anyway then this is not that big of a deal to you because you can do what you were already doing anyway and just do a little planning for the events that won't be all that disruptive to your gameplay. However, for players pacing themselves; to level GB's, gather goods and resources, play GE/GvG/PvP, questing etc. who are not in the end game, what events are becoming, instead of being an enjoyable part of the game, and doing are essentially forcing a choice on players, either advance or don't do events.

Yeah, of course no one HAS to do events but it sucks to see event after event go by seeing diamond players and other players getting to take advantage of those events getting more and more stuff because they play a certain way conducive for events while other players are constantly faced with the choice of either playing the way they want to or how Inno wants them to. BTW I'm certain this all also plays into the fp pack controversy but we'll leave that for another time.

So if you think about it, events are now becoming a thing for three types of players; Diamond players, players at the end game and those who advance at a pace aligning with events.

For everyone else, too bad, no goodies for you!
soup-nazi_320.jpg

DeletedUser25427

Considering I am not interested in the main prize, this is turning out to be one of best events for me as I have just won my second pile of diamonds.:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

DeletedUser26154

Seriously, do any of you listen to yourselves? I'm pretty sure some of you would just be impossible to please so I can't really blame Inno for seemingly not listening to any of your so-called 'feedback',

It's not "Feedback" when they do it.

download (2).jpg

It's just hurling insults in disguise.

DeletedUser29129

Hi, my first post in the forum. I've only been playing for some 8 months, so don't have the experience of some of you (in Progressive Age).
I truly enjoy the special Events that Inno creates. My favorite recently has been the Cherry Blossom Festival (I gathered 2 garden sets, almost a complete 3rd). They are fun, keep me engaged in the game, although maybe not too challenging at times, but I find it hard to complain about getting free prizes for doing something pretty simple.
I hope Inno keeps having these special Events!

DeletedUser25166

Hi, my first post in the forum. I've only been playing for some 8 months, so don't have the experience of some of you (in Progressive Age).
I truly enjoy the special Events that Inno creates. My favorite recently has been the Cherry Blossom Festival (I gathered 2 garden sets, almost a complete 3rd). They are fun, keep me engaged in the game, although maybe not too challenging at times, but I find it hard to complain about getting free prizes for doing something pretty simple.
I hope Inno keeps having these special Events!
Don't worry sparky, another event is right around the corner

DeletedUser29130

I'm sorry, but this event is actually SLOWING my play!!! I am having to wait 24 hours to complete each stage in the bonus questline. Why? Why would you want to SLOW game play. And if you don't have a list of the quests, you are really screwed as you may have already done something that will be required to complete. So, to those who don't have a list, get it now! I'm sorry, I thought the event was not worth it to begin with but once I found you made the bonus section timed by 24 hours, it really SUCKS!

DeletedUser26120

I'll admit, I was blindsided by this event. I got stuck on the recruit troops quest because I'd already completed most of GE and that's my only method of getting current age troops.

Have to wait until Tuesday then will have to pretty much breeze through the rest of the quests to finish in time.

All the same do you hear me complaining? No. I'm very happy with events and hope they do more.

If you don't want to age up then don't. Simple as that. The rest of us shouldn't be inconvenienced to accommodate you.

DeletedUser26154

I got stuck on the recruit troops quest

If possible, sell a building or two then place any kind of current military barracks.
Hopefully, you'll have an Alcatraz, too.
One way or another, you'll get your quest done.
Then put your city back the way it was.

DeletedUser

If possible, sell a building or two then place any kind of current military barracks.
Hopefully, you'll have an Alcatraz, too.
One way or another, you'll get your quest done.
Then put your city back the way it was.
A decent option if on the first quest line, with the Reno Kit at the end, but hardly worth all that trouble on the daily quest line for 3 Boost Crates at the end, don't you think?

Just Ava

This has been the worst event ever! All my random rewards were 5 Current goods or supplies. I kept going as everyone said Diamonds were a common Random Reward. So in the end...it cost me 84 FP's for a Reno kit and a final reward of 5 Ropes! Not even touching this next round. The Scout a province and Research a Tech every single event is getting old! Hmmm..so come to think about, with the Tech research that Reno kit cost me well over 100 FP's. 24 hr productions 8 times? I have to always tear down something to make more production bldgs as I don't really know anyone who has 8 unless they are just starting. This is getting ridiculous! At least make the rewards something other than random. I could have gotten the goods I got 50x over for free with guild trades!

DeletedUser26154

but hardly worth all that trouble on the daily quest line for 3 Boost Crates at the end, don't you think?

It all depends on position and perceived value.
I'm doing all this exploring and questing, and scouting, etc... anyway.
I like the idea of a 3x3 item that gives happiness and a coin boost.
I love the way Inno is taking an older suggestion seriously with set pieces.
The Cherry Blossom Garden is the most beautiful part of my city.

This is a wonderful time to be a new player.
I had to wait over half a year until the Aviary, Checkmate Square, King Queen Garden Ruins, etc... to arrive.
If you started playing Forge of Empires in the last few months, you came at a good time.
These events are geared more towards new and newer players.
And veterans players love them too.
Again with the bonuses.
Attack and defense, coin boost, potent happiness, Forge Points, Medals.
I bet there will be more and more of this.

I think the Boost Crates are kind of weak but I'll have to see what they look like, and use them, before I judge.

bonus loot.jpg

I'd rather have Forge Point Packs instead, but that's just speculation.

DeletedUser26965

If you don't want to age up then don't. Simple as that.
You can say that about anything, don't like the lag in GvG? simply don't GvG, don't like the cost v rewards in GE 4, don't play it, don't like gettin your goods plundered, don't make goods, don't like clicking to aid people 10,000 times a day and then clicking on more people to sit in taverns, don't Aid or do Tavern. Really, the "simply don't do it" is a catch all with no real solution. Can't there be a solution that addresses the issue of pushing game progression through events? There's got to be some creative people in here.

DeletedUser

It all depends on position and perceived value.
I'm doing all this exploring and questing, and scouting, etc... anyway.
I like the idea of a 3x3 item that gives happiness and a coin boost.
I love the way Inno is taking an older suggestion seriously with set pieces.
The Cherry Blossom Garden is the most beautiful part of my city.

This is a wonderful time to be a new player.
I had to wait over half a year until the Aviary, Checkmate Square, King Queen Garden Ruins, etc... to arrive.
If you started playing Forge of Empires in the last few months, you came at a good time.
These events are geared more towards new and newer players.
And veterans players love them too.
Again with the bonuses.
Attack and defense, coin boost, potent happiness, Forge Points, Medals.
I bet there will be more and more of this.

I think the Boost Crates are kind of weak but I'll have to see what they look like, and use them, before I judge.

View attachment 4009

I'd rather have Forge Point Packs instead, but that's just speculation.
I generally don't do all the different production times, for one thing. I also don't generally infiltrate a sector unless I plan on attacking it right then, for another. Not that I won't do these things, just not on the event schedule...unless the prizes seem worth it. I don't need a tiny coin % boost, I don't need to take up a 3x3 space with a Happiness building, and I've used the Boost Crates, and don't think acquiring them is worth any extra effort. The boosts are too small and of too short a duration.

DeletedUser29122

The rewards of the quests are not too exciting for me and feel disappointed with each "random" reward. How about letting the users choose what or at least what category they want rewards in - Coins, Supplies, Goods, buildings or units? And why is an expansion never a reward for a quest?

The Cherry Blossom event had really set the standards high ;) .. making this event feel like a .. meh-day event ! :rolleyes::):D

Sorry! Kind of jumped the gun here .. Initial 6-7 rewards were 5 goods when I made this comment.. there were diamonds and forge points to be won later .. :):cool:

Algona

I got off this Event ride after finishing the first Questline. I got 45 Diamonds, an RK, a 2x2 Maypole in Inventor if I want a small efficient Happiness Boost. and I can use the upgrade kit as a psuedo combo RK / Store Building for the Maypole I already had out from last year if I decide I need a small Coins boost or more Happiness.

In my new BA startup I got a great Cultural Building with a Coin boost and an RK.

Seems like a decent return for the Event.

DeletedUser26154

I got off

This is hard to keep up with.
I'm doing the Bonus Event Quests because it goes with everything else I'm doing.
Compared to my other game projects, the Maypole Event is easy.
Depleting my funds and resources.

8722 supplies.png

It's Under Nine Thousand!

f225fba5b3e4aba0e3667df5f168628f.png

This consumed about 70 - 75% of my stockpiled goods.
It's going to take a month or more to replenish my reserves.
But I think it's worth it.
I'll use the next event to catch up from my previous events.