• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

May Day Event 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser26154

And for the finish.

end.png

all done.png

It's beautiful.

its beautiful.png

Thank you Inno for yet another wonderful, easy event.

DeletedUser29129

I agree! Thanks Inno!
Btw, does anyone know when the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Questline is starting?

DeletedUser26120

It was tight and took completing all of the quests in about 3 days altogether but I think I'll finish the event! :)

DeletedUser26120

Yeah finished today. Had to beat CE troops with PME to conquer a province but I did it.

bomber9530

I don't see how so many people say its impossible to finish events that are back to back. I've been playing this game since October 2015 and I have finished EVERY SINGLE EVENT since (and including) the 2015 Halloween Event. Anyone who was around in 2016 knows that with all the historical quests, there were very few days during the year where there wasn't an event going on there has been close to 30 events in my year and a half of playing.

Was it hard to do all those quests? No.
Did I have to do things I didn't want to? Sure.
Was I uncomfortable doing those things (i.e. research tech, scout/acquire provinces, etc.)? Nope.
Did I get a bunch of "FREE" stuff that I may or may not have wanted? You bet your "Mass Motiviation Kit" I did.

I'm not the only one who has finished every event. I'm not the only one who has gotten free stuff. I'm not special. I'm just a normal player like everyone else here. But I don't complain because I get a quest for scouting a province or rearching a tech, but "I don't wanna..."

DeletedUser

Impossible to finish? No.
Worthwhile to finish? Ah, that's a completely different question.
I have finished most, if not all, the events since joining in May 2015, starting with the 2015 Summer Event. I only finished the first questline of the May Day Event this time, because the end prize for the second round was not worth getting, in my opinion. At first, I liked the idea of events where you could get special buildings and other prizes, but having them one after another after another really disrupts the normal flow of gameplay. Having run special guild programs, I can also say that it interferes with doing that kind of thing. Hard to keep people focused on working together when an event has them doing quests activities that take them out of the natural flow of play.

DeletedUser25273

I see there being 3 classes of people tthat tend to have trouble with the typical quest based events.
1) Questers who want to stay back in age for extended periods of time. To them, they have made Technoloogies a critically lmited resource which these events want them to spend (and in many cases, to these people the rewards of an event isn't worth it). This is a cost they SHOULD have counted forr this path, but from the compaints it sometimes seem it isn't.
2) People who rush the continent. These people can find that the continnt is a limiting resource that they have already spent. The answer to them of course is to try to remember that it iis a resource that WILL be needed and to save some for events.
3) High Age players who don't plan ahead can get slowed down with scout requirements. The solution for these people is to look at the quest line spoilers and prepare.

DeletedUser

To me the problem isn't the individual quests, it's the prizes. If the end prize is worth it, I'll do the quests. If it isn't, I won't. Having so many events cheapens the recurring prizes you get along the way to the end prize. There are so many events anymore that only the unique end prizes (such as the Mad Scientist Lab) are truly special. The others you can just wait until the next event, now only a few days away each time, and have another chance to score them.

Algona

I don't see how so many people say its impossible to finish events that are back to back.

I do. It's amazing what starting a second city has done for my viewpoint on so many game issues.

I'm meticulous, know how to play fairly well, not too bright, but like to play as close to optimal as I can.

Integrating a bunch of new short term Goals, such as Events, or a new Guild's rules, into my objectives was surprisingly difficult both from a game resources point and from a planning perspective.

In my main city I don't have to worry about such things: My city and Guild are familiar, massively overproductive therefore any Quest INNO throws at me is trivial.

Nomad Richie lays it out well two posts up. I've sympathize with those folk since the Event spamming started. That's why I've been calling tech, scout , acquire the Bad Three Quests. Not because I have problems, but I do recognize others do.

And now I understand just how difficult they can be to a player who has not had the time to mature and integrate their city.

To me the problem isn't the individual quests, it's the prizes. If the end prize is worth it, I'll do the quests. If it isn't, I won't. Having so many events cheapens the recurring prizes you get along the way to the end prize. There are so many events anymore that only the unique end prizes (such as the Mad Scientist Lab) are truly special. The others you can just wait until the next event, now only a few days away each time, and have another chance to score them.

All wonderfully valid points. So what would you like to see INNO change?

Me? I;d like to see the prizes in the Events scale comparable to number of Quests, number of Bad Three Quests, expensie of the Quests. End Prize in this Event was wondergully creative but the power level falls short for a 2 Random Reward Quest Line, a lot of FPs, near 3 week Event, with the Bad 3 doubled.

I;d also like INNO to intermix useful 'way point' prizes in Events featuring mostly or all Random Rewards. If ya gotta have Bad 3, then maybe give an RK,One up, Store half way through a Quest line? Something most folk can;t have too much of type stuff...

Tough Events, great prizes. Seems an easy way for INNO to address folk unhappy with Events as is.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I would like Inno to have at least a couple of weeks, preferably 3 or 4, between events. Fewer events with better prizes would be my wish. I really enjoyed the first year of playing for many reasons, one of the main ones being there was time between events to actually concentrate on my cities.

DeletedUser26120

Next event has me bent over backwards on continent map.

First it wants us to acquire 2 sectors without fighting, then scout, then conquer a province.

Horrible order really. I had a scout ready, but I have to enter the map to acquire 2 sectors. Which means I have to conquer the province afterwards, then scout, then conquer another province.

ME vs PME on the map wasn't all that bad. But PME vs CE? It is brutal, especially since the first 1-2 maps didn't start with mixed CE/PME units like usual.

I'll be glad when my tech catches up to the map, never getting ahead on it again lol.

Anyway quest orders should always be scout, sectors, province. Seriously it's logic..