• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] ME troops in PE

Jern2017

Hi ,I'm at the start of the ME (story wise), I'm still in the PE otherwise. I've just acquired the first province.

I'd like to score some ME troops so I can put them in my defense. I checked out FoE Wiki and it seems there are some choices on how you wish to proceed, like deciding whether to fight or negotiate. On the Wiki, l see there are lots of random rewards. Does anyone perhaps remember if any specific quests award you with troops?

Thank you.

wolfhoundtoo

Look up the quest named "rebuilding" for the ME quests - it rewards 3 bazooka teams. Look up the quest named "Defending the empire" - it rewards 2 battle tanks.

DeletedUser30900

I read the links you pointed to and I still don't get how you look up a specific quest. Is there a search button?
Somehow people in wiki turn it into “read and think and figure it out” maybe we should ask them to change it back. Wait, not really

DeletedUser26965

I read the links you pointed to and I still don't get how you look up a specific quest. Is there a search button?

Here's one route you can take;

Step 1) Get title of quest

step-1.gif

Step 2) Go to Search

step-2.gif

Step 3) Enter title of quest

Step-3.gif

Step 4) Click "Next Quest" to see next quest in that line of quests

Step-4.gif

All of the quests in the game don't necessarily follow a linear progression, they can be affected by exploring and conquering sectors/provinces on the CMap and doing Research.

Goth Almighty

Here's one route you can take;

Step 1) Get title of quest

View attachment 10005

Step 2) Go to Search

View attachment 10006

Step 3) Enter title of quest

View attachment 10007

Step 4) Click "Next Quest" to see next quest in that line of quests

View attachment 10008

All of the quests in the game don't necessarily follow a linear progression, they can be affected by exploring and conquering sectors/provinces on the CMap and doing Research.

Excellent, thank you. But is there any way to change the order of the quest line (iow, pull up a single quest on demand)?

DeletedUser26965

But is there any way to change the order of the quest line
I'm guessing you mean is there a way in the game to get a particular quest? Only Recurring Quests as you can cycle through them to get to the one you want but only those RQ's that are available to you at the time. You can't like get a Storyline quest without first following the quests that came before it. So if you find the quest you want on that site and it's ahead of where you are now then keep clicking Previous Quest to see all the ones you have to do in order to get to it.

wolfhoundtoo

Ooops. Yes sorry I wasn't on the official wiki site. I should of pointed that out (I always forget about the official one :oops:)

Jern2017

I usually get my info from the fandom wiki anyway. I was on the right track, but didn't check out all the quests

Jern2017

Just discovered there's another quest. Rin Gozen's Warriors. It's an abortable, side quest.

Recruit 16 units from your age. Reward for completing it are 4 Bazooka Teams.

Ta 152H

What good are bazooka teams in PE? You need to kill tanks? RFC. Same with Armored Cars, but you can use tanks against them for even better results. Conscripts? Snipers are far better. RFC? Good luck with those slow pokes. Snipers? You'll get sodomized.

The two things they are good against are easier to kill other ways, particularly when you have to worry about losing units that are essentially irreplaceable for a period of time. Plus, if you run into a sniper, you're dead meat.

In ME where Tanks hit much harder, and are much faster, bazookas have a use. In PE, where tanks have very low attack, are gruesomely slow, and thus an easy target for RFC, bazookas aren't going to be a big step up. Plus, snipers with their huge boosts, and long range, just annihilate them.

Jern2017

I don't know, I never claimed they will come in handy in the PE, just pointed out there's another quest that gives the player ME units.

My two favorite PE units are Snipers and Rapid Fire Cannons. This is the first age I actually like the artillery unit.

Ta 152H

I don't know, I never claimed they will come in handy in the PE, just pointed out there's another quest that gives the player ME units.

My two favorite PE units are Snipers and Rapid Fire Cannons. This is the first age I actually like the artillery unit.

I agree completely, I love those two together. If one can't kill it, the other can. That's a really good combination.

I haven't found much use for the armored cars. It seems like there's always a better solution to the problem than they.

Jern2017

I agree completely, I love those two together. If one can't kill it, the other can. That's a really good combination.

I haven't found much use for the armored cars. It seems like there's always a better solution to the problem than they.

I agree completely as well. So far, i haven't encountered a single fast unit that I would find useful.

I also dislike Conscripts (I fight in the GE, continent map and PVP). The best combination for me is one RFC, one Sniper and 6 Rogues. I'll occasionally replace one of the Rogues with a Tank .

Ta 152H

I agree completely as well. So far, i haven't encountered a single fast unit that I would find useful.

I also dislike Conscripts (I fight in the GE, continent map and PVP). The best combination for me is one RFC, one Sniper and 6 Rogues. I'll occasionally replace one of the Rogues with a Tank .

I'm not a huge fan of conscripts, but they at least can be used in some situations. They own artillery, and they're the best units against tanks if you don't have the time to kill them off with RFC. I used to hate them, now I dislike them. But if there's a sniper out there, they're almost unusable.

DeletedUser29726

Cars are a great alternative for sniper heavy defenses - sniper on sniper violence works to some extent but isn't wonderful (dug-in + forests) and defensive snipers that decide to shoot your RFCs kill them fast. Tank on sniper is great damage, but tanks have many other weaknesses and can't necessarily move and shoot far enough to take them out before the snipers get to hit your squishier things. Cars can either intercept snipers to protect another unit or can be used as your backbone and just outright ignore the snipers which will usually only do 1-2 damage per shot while you take out the bigger threats. They can usually get the first real strikes of a battle in with careful placement and they're effective against anything that's not a tank, able to target things in threat order. Their weakness to RFCs can be avoided in most battles by killing them the first turn you move into their range.

Conscripts are the most balanced unit of the age and would be used in every battle if it weren't for those pesky snipers. They are my GvG auto unit of choice for the age (most guilds don't actually use snipers in defense in any significant number). 1 sniper is manageable. 2 and you should avoid conscripts probably.

Overall PE is a very well balanced age i find. It's a bit high on attrition at times though which can make the two wave encounters very challenging.