• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

medals

• Thread starter DeletedUser28705
  • Start date

DeletedUser28705

I don't understand the usage of medals. Every once in a while I notice that many of my medals disappear. Anyone have any ideas why?

DeletedUser26965

Sounds like a bug or you got hacked or something and someone is placing sieges for you in AA, or you bought land expansions and forgot, or you bought attempts in GE and forgot.

DeletedUser28503

if u know for a fact u didn't spend them and u earned them then ur seeing the lag sync issue. Use to be real bad. Refresh and u will see ur medals. Sometimes as u earn then they don't show until u refresh. Keep track of them and then refresh if your numbers dont match up then contact support and put a ticket in. most likely its not a game issue but I have seen crazier things like the time my champs started going poof. Happen so much they looked into it and said they see no record of them being used but bc it happen so much they said I couldn't get them back and I lost all my modern champs. Still ticked over that but gave up on it years ago. It was like arguing with a wall and expecting a response.

DeletedUser8152

I don't understand the usage of medals. Every once in a while I notice that many of my medals disappear. Anyone have any ideas why?
You can contact support, they should be able to check medals you have earned and spent. For reference, here are the ways to spend medals:
- Purchasing expansions
- Purchasing extra attempts in GE
- Donate to your guild
- Negotiations in level 4 GE
- Hiring crew for Promethium ship

(Am I missing any?)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13838

You can use them in level 4 ge to negotiate and also use them to pay the 4th crew member in the harbor.

Lucifer1904

You can contact support, they should be able to check medals you have earned and spent. For reference, here are the ways to spend medals:
- Purchasing expansions
- Purchasing extra attempts in GE
- Donate to your guild
- Negotiations in level 4 GE
- Hiring crew for Promethium ship

(Am I missing any?)
I know this is incorrect but the wiki says they can be used to get missing BP's for a GB. I wish this was true but sadly is incorrect. Link below.
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Medals

Lucifer1904

I think they had a event long time ago that let you buy prints with medals but in past 4 years I never seen it come back. So maybe they decided it was not worth doing again.
But the wiki is less than 2 years old for FOE.

DeletedUser11463

Medals are used for expansions. If you recently got an expansion and your medals dropped, that is probably why. An expansion starts out with a few medals but quickly gets very expensive. The most recent one I bought was 290,000 medals. Note: this only applies to victory expansions not to others such as those given by tech or when taking a territory.
Medals can also be used in Level 4 GE when you negotiate and on the All ages map when setting a siege.