• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Message Thread Jumping

bomber9530

I tried searching for it, but I couldn't find anything, so maybe one of you more active members can tell me if it's been mentioned before. However, when reading messages in threads if a new message is posted, the thread jumps to the bottom and then you have to scroll back up to the top in order to read older messages. I'm a leader in a pretty active guild, so when trying to go back and read messages I have missed, it becomes near impossible to do if people are still currently commenting in that thread. Just wondering if there is any plans to fix that or if Inno has designed threads this way on purpose. It's been like this for a while now (over 1 year), but if I remember correctly, it hasn't always been like that. I started this game 5 years ago and I'm pretty sure back then you could go back and read old messages with no problems.

DevaCat

Amen! I'm not a leader, but one guild I'm in has a lot of active/chatty members and when I return from checking my other cities there can be 100 messages waiting with useful information mixed in with the yammering. So going up two or three pages and then getting yanked back to the bottom is maddening.

Make a proposal and you'll get my vote! They could keep the sound effect letting us know about an incoming new message but not pull us down to see it immediately when it comes in.

Why they did it this way is baffling. Makes about as much sense as yanking us in the GE screen to see who just finished an encounter.