• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Military Unit: Champion Archer

Triopoly Champion

In my guilds, 40% of your guild mates would be gone. LOL
Different guilds have completely unique rules, they aren't required to follow each other, so that's why GvGs are so intense and spark such the dramatic conflicts. Similar trends can be observed between the different nations, they have unique laws.

I can use my Colonial Champions to even beat the rangers because those horses have stronger defense than expected.
Forge of Empires - Champions beat Rangers.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser32397

Different guilds have completely unique rules, they aren't required to follow each other, so that's why GvGs are so intense and spark such the dramatic conflicts. Similar trends can be observed between the different nations, they have unique laws.

I can use my Colonial Champions to even beat the rangers because those horses have stronger defense than expected.
Is it just me or are those two parts completely unconnected?

Triopoly Champion

My Colonial Champion -> Attack: 53, Defense: 63

Enemy Ranger -> Attack: 35, Defense: 37

If you see the screenshot closer, you'll notice those defending units have no attack bonus. After the enemy rangers attacked my rogues, the transformed champions dealt almost 50%-60% health damage to the rangers from the retaliations, then I use my Champions to hit the rangers again, they fell down before they could strike back.

Triopoly Champion

Ok, fact check. It's "ALWAYS" the "BEST ATTACKING TROOP"
1) Last time I checked the word TROOP was singular, and could not apply to 8 troops at a time, but ya know, I could be wrong :rolleyes:
2) Excuse me, but will this ALWAYS be the best attacking combo? Hmm...... what about against 8 Rangers? Yes? No?
3) Hate to break it to you (not), but the best CA combo is one GRENADIER and seven rogues, due to the extra range, and unless you're up against eight artillery, which is still easy, you will almost always take no damage. Against 8 artillery, you should only take one maximum 3 casualties.
4) Last time I checked, if you're using an attack comp in GE without 7 rogues while having loads, you're a noob. Period. No excuses.
5) Did you seriously say that the AI needs this trash champion archer? Against 5 heavy 3 artillery, the AI should get decent damage or most likely win with 8 artillery.
Reply directly to #2, If there's at least 1 musketeer in the enemy troop, I'll not use 1 Grenadier + 7 Rogues.

I fight much better with 1 Champion + 7 Rogues because Colonial Champions have the unusual high defense stats even if there are many enemy light units in the mix.

With the boosted 1 musketeer + 7 Rogues or 8 musketeers, it's almost impossible to beat 8 unboosted dragoons unless you have Zeus: 7+, CoA: 7+, CdM: 7+, not even mentioning the 8 Colonial Champions.

With 1 Champion Archer + 7 Rogues or 8 Champion Archers, 8 dragoons can be taken cared.

Last edited:

DeletedUser32397

I looked back several pages on this thread and don't see where he said that. In fact, I'm darned sure he wouldn't say that. @C00KIEGUY23145 did you say that?
Nope, I didn't that'd be retarded of me. With 7 rogues + champ against 8 unboosted troops, you'd have to try to lose in order to lose.
C00kieGuy said I couldn't beat 8 rangers with my 1 Champion + 7 Rogues, well, he ought to think twice.
Don't put words in my mouth, I never said that.
No, what you're doing is using Rogues to beat Rangers, which anyone can do. :rolleyes:
The real question is: Can you use Alabaster to beat Rogues? :p

DeletedUser

Reply directly to #2,
He's not saying you couldn't beat 8 Rangers with 1 Champ+7 Rogues, he's just asking if that's still the best attacking combo against 8 Rangers. Not the same thing at all. And if the Rangers in your example had had any kind of defense boost, you would not have beaten them with that attacking combo. It was the difference in boosts that won that for you, not the makeup of your army. Try that against one of my cities and see how many Rogues live to fight again. LOL

DeletedUser30312

No one is saying that you can't beat Rangers with a Champ and 7 Rogues if your attack bonus is sufficiently higher than the opponent's defense bonus. They're saying it's suboptimal to do so, because the CA Champion is a Fast unit and therefore inherently at a disadvantage against the Ranger, a Light Unit.

Grenadiers are the best choice against Rangers for three reasons. First they're Heavies and have a bonus against Lights. Second, they can attack from 2 hexes away, so they can stand back, hit the Rangers and not provoke a counter like a Champion would. Third, they get a +10 defense boost on Plains, while the Champions only have the Chivalry bonus -- and all those popped rogues aren't even getting that because only 1 unit on the battlefield benefits from Chivalry. Either way, those Grenadiers will simply take less damage from the Rangers unless your defense is so damn high that the AI is only doing 1 damage to anything.

And of course one of the biggest reasons people use Heavies with rogues is that the Heavies tend to have the highest defenses of their age.

And of course you're throwing in Rogues which has its own effect on combat. Every time the Rangers turn the Rogues into a Champion, that Champion then counters on the Ranger. That damages the Rangers, while the Champs are at full HP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Triopoly Champion

This little? In IA? I'm surprised you haven't been kicked!
Because I have over 7 times of the ranking score compare to my another Colonial guild mate.

Given the class grades from A to F, I'm ranked in the B criteria, ever heard grading by curve, that curve would drawn by my entire neighborhood.

Surprised? Perhaps you already forgot what a really noob should appear to be.
Forge of Empires - Colonial with only Oracle.jpg

Last edited:

Salsuero

Because I have over 7 times of the ranking score compare to my another Colonial guild mate.

Perhaps you already forgot what a really noob should appear to be.

Looks like a noob-filled guild to me. I don't see what you're so excited about with those ranking points in your guild with 40% of them not even completing just one level of GE.