• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Military Unit: Champion Archer

Triopoly Champion

Severed is a good Guild. 8th ranked, strong GvG presence, lvl 33, 80 members 39 are 1 meg RP and above, top 5 are 10 meg and above.

GEC record of 32-31-17. Which if they open lvl4 1 time a month is damn impressive. Remember who you're talking to.
I'm classified in the good 60%, even with Mount Killmore supreme guild "Project Mayhem", they only require members to complete GE level 2 weekly, I complete Colonial GE level 3 weekly.

Looks like a noob-filled guild to me. I don't see what you're so excited about with those ranking points in your guild with 40% of them not even completing just one level of GE.
Only noobs will dumb fps to my Arc and Traz without swaps.

Triopoly Champion

Snipers will win at least the top 1 of the 5 positions on my Arc or Traz, noobs don't, they just put in whatever the amount of fps they want or like.

DeletedUser

So what is then? Rank points + GB level is how I judge a player is good or not.
I know several players on different worlds that I used to be in guilds with, that have more ranking points than me, but not nearly the understanding of the game that I have. It's always nice when a higher ranking player asks you how part of the game works.

DeletedUser30900

I know several players on different worlds that I used to be in guilds with, that have more ranking points than me, but not nearly the understanding of the game that I have. It's always nice when a higher ranking player asks you how part of the game works.
Well, I totally accept the fact there always are some exceptions. But in general rank+gb levels can show how much the player understand the city build quite easily

DeletedUser

Well, I totally accept the fact there always are some exceptions. But in general rank+gb levels can show how much the player understand the city build quite easily
If all things were equal, you might be right, but there are many variables that go into a player's ranking points on any particular world.

Salsuero

Racing up the tech tree and self-leveling GBs doesn't really take much intellect and yet, MANY players do just that... resulting in a pretty decent amount of ranking points. You might be better suited to come up with a more well-rounded metric if you really want to have an indicator of overall game knowledge and skill.

Graviton

Racing up the tech tree and self-leveling GBs doesn't really take much intellect and yet, MANY players do just that... resulting in a pretty decent amount of ranking points. You might be better suited to come up with a more well-rounded metric if you really want to have an indicator of overall game knowledge and skill.

Case in point: Top player in my hood is in PE, over six million points. He's using 2 spearfighters on defense and seemed confused when I taunted him about hitting his TF twice, getting 5 FPs both times. His reply was something along the lines of, "What FPs? My FP bar is full."

DeletedUser30900

Okay, so if you play the same amount of time with another player, and his ranking points are 2 times higher than yours, same as the total GB levels, you way to defend yourself is “ he plays in a boring way and I obliviously know much more than him on the game”?
I don’t think so

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30312

Not necessarily. A big part of rank points is GB levels, and some people could always follow someone else's advice about building and Arc early powerleveling it without mastering other aspects of the game. That would inflate their points a lot, but it wouldn't mean they've learned much.

When you look at a neighborhood and see the people in say the top 5 who have a much higher ranking than their neighbors, then they probably are more skilled. But there's little things that rank points don't tell you about their skill. Take for example, their city layout. Is there some organization to it, or is it a mess?

DeletedUser30900

Not necessarily. A big part of rank points is GB levels, and some people could always follow someone else's advice about building and Arc early powerleveling it without mastering other aspects of the game. That would inflate their points a lot, but it wouldn't mean they've learned much.

When you look at a neighborhood and see the people in say the top 5 who have a much higher ranking than their neighbors, then they probably are more skilled. But there's little things that rank points don't tell you about their skill. Take for example, their city layout. Is there some organization to it, or is it a mess?
So, power leveling ARC then go to other GBs is not the best way to play this game right now? If you think that way, keep it that way :)

DeletedUser30900

The point is... does that "strategy" take any particular skill or above-basic knowledge? Nope.
But not using it proves you are not above the average since the way you building you city making you progress slower than this “brainless” strategy