• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Military unit overstock....

Thanks to the new event I am overrun with units and have begun to purge (delete) them. It leads me to wonder....how often do the rest of you delete units and why? Do you have any special approaches or reasoning to your deletion choices? Are there reasons you may have for holding onto any units from bygone ages?

Kranyar the Mysterious

Depends on where your "overstock" is. Prior era troops you'll never use again are great GvG fodder. Current era troops you'll never use, likewise. Current or other era troops you normally use, plus rogues, you can never have enough of since you'll burn through them in GBG, GE, PvP Arena, or elsewhere.

I never delete any troop unless a quest specifically requests it. Any troop has a use somewhere.

Pickleweasel

I don't fight much (primarily the campaign map), but I never delete any units unless a quest requests X units be deleted from a given era. They aren't exactly in the way, since I just filter for current/future/past era units depending upon what I am doing/fighting.

Jern2017

I'm in CE. I delete Missile Artillery and Strike Teams as I find them useless. I also delete Military Drummers and Color Guards since I have no use for them.

I'm very active in GE, PVP and GBG, so the rest of the units are always welcome.

UP ONLINE

Thanks to the new event I am overrun with units and have begun to purge (delete) them. It leads me to wonder....how often do the rest of you delete units and why? Do you have any special approaches or reasoning to your deletion choices? Are there reasons you may have for holding onto any units from bygone ages?
lmao I would use them up any way I could

Ironrooster

Well, just for fun, I use older units on the first few GE encounters. It's usually enough to get some medals at the end of the week,
Units 1 level back are good for early fights in GBG and save current units for later higher attrition.