• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Miscallenous questions on popular topics: Traz no. of units, Babel value, No. of Rogue hideouts.

Iroh the Tea Maker

1. Traz level 10 production seems pretty low. Despite the relatively high cost to level, it seems quite comparable to some special buildings: Royal Bathhouse L6, or the upcoming summer event prize building, at much lower area. While it is a game changer, have it become obsolete over time? (Consider the massive amount of FPs in addition to 70 squares it takes up). Is this a slow change in the idea strategy (do the settlements and events rather than - find BPs, buy future goods and slog to level the Traz)?

2. Babel: Why does it get such a bad rap (or am I imagining?). It gives reasonable amount of goods in 16 squares. Super cheap to level. At level 10 it produces 16 goods (3 less than the LoA but cheaper to level also). Is it such a bad idea to build it? The meagre population it gives is not that demanding on happiness - because by the time it's level 7+, most players at least have a few happiness giving event building or a GB. So is it still a bad idea to build or keep it?

3. Is there an upper limit on rogue hideouts? (the small 2x2 ones). Is it one of those more the better buildings? I have a Traz but two rogues and the increased proportion wouldn't hurt. But space is valuable, so I would like some advice on this too.

Don't get me wrong, though it looks like I am holding a viewpoint, I am genuinely interested in your opinion or advice on all of the above as I am trying to make decisions for my two cities on these three fronts.

thanks for any help.

Graviton

1. None of those buildings you compared to the Traz produce troops, so the comparison is inexact at best. Sure, the happiness is okay, but that's not the main reason people build it. If you're not a fighter then I guess you could skip it but, again, happiness is not why it's one of the most popular GBs.

2. Babel has a small footprint but also a small output. After the first few ages, and after a few event buildings, it becomes obsolete. On my newest world I didn't bother building it at all.

3. I don't know why you'd need more than one Hideout if you have a Traz. Just level the Traz to produce more Rogues.

RazorbackPirate

1, In CA, have yet to build Traz. Get plenty of Rogues and regular units from GE + ToR, HC, and now GBG.
2. Had Babel for a while, but 4 CA regular houses gives as much Pop as a level 10 Babel. I tore mine down and replaced it with a Colossus when it was the main event building. Almost as much pop, and gave instead of ate FPs.
3. I've got 4 Rogue Dens out as backup more than anything. If I need to fight and risk losing Rogues, I'll swap them out for my attached one so I can replace them. Even still, I rarely use them.,

Plain Red Justice

1. Traz level 10 production seems pretty low. Despite the relatively high cost to level
You're complaining about costs because you're most probably trying to level 4 military GBs at the same time when you still haven't maximized your FP income either by sniping (by prioritizing your Arc) or GBG yet. When you reach a point when you should consider battling enough to touch your Traz, you should have zero problems speedleveling this.

Last edited:

Iroh the Tea Maker

1. None of those buildings you compared to the Traz produce troops, so the comparison is inexact at best. Sure, the happiness is okay, but that's not the main reason people build it. If you're not a fighter then I guess you could skip it but, again, happiness is not why it's one of the most popular GBs.

Graviton,
1. the Royal Bathhouse produces 10 troops at L6. That's more than Traz produces at Level 10 after 1000s of FPs. I was not talking about happiness.
3. Because my A/D are pretty low I have other barracks too (for unit vs unit bonuses). So I'd like to increase % of rogues produced. As well as 2 attached rogues that can be replenished.

You're complaining about costs because you're most probably trying to level 4 military GBs at the same time when you still haven't maximized your FP income either by sniping (by prioritizing your Arc) or GBG yet. When you reach a point when you should consider battling enough to touch your Traz, you should have zero problems speedleveling this.

You are not wrong, in HMA the FP production of my 7 month old city is peanuts comapred to what the Traz needs. It is still a pain compared to all my other buildings with the exception of Arc. I understand I might have built it early - it also helps that neighbors add a lot of FPs cause everyone needs BPs. But if I didnt have to feed my Traz my Arc/CdM would level up faster right?

1, In CA, have yet to build Traz. Get plenty of Rogues and regular units from GE + ToR, HC, and now GBG.
2. Had Babel for a while, but 4 CA regular houses gives as much Pop as a level 10 Babel. I tore mine down and replaced it with a Colossus when it was the main event building. Almost as much pop, and gave instead of ate FPs.
3. I've got 4 Rogue Dens out as backup more than anything. If I need to fight and risk losing Rogues, I'll swap them out for my attached one so I can replace them. Even still, I rarely use them.,

1. Okay, that sounds interesting and like a huge saving of space and FPs.
2. Okay. I was still using it for goods. Pop is just okay and I am never out of pop or happiness due to event bldngs.
3. Yes exactly. Having 8 attached rogues that I can manually replenish is better than losing unattached ones.

Royal Bathhouse produces 10 units
Upcoming event building I‘ll hold off commenting on as it’s not announced yet

Should I remove mentioning the building from my post? Is it against the rules?

Graviton

Royal Bathhouse produces 10 units

Yeah, I didn't really count that as it's a settlement reward. Lots of people, including me, don't do them. I'd argue that it's still inferior, as you can't choose the troops you get except by keeping it at a certain age, whereas with the Traz you can get troops from whatever barracks you plant. And AFAIK the RB doesn't give Rogues.

Upcoming event building I‘ll hold off commenting on as it’s not announced yet

I look forward to it! I know nothing about it but my guess is it has the same limitation: producing troops from the building's age.

Tolarien

1. Can't beat Traz if you plan to battle. That being said I would not plant it until after IA or Progressive. Troop loss starts to hurt more the higher you age up. It is large but consider how many unit buildings you would need to keep placed permanently to maintain a base army size if you're mowing through your unattached units from GE etc. You could go straight trader and kick it to the curb.;)

2. I love Babel but I mostly trade. It's value to me comes into play from Tomorrow Era on, when it's giving me 32 modern era goods a day at only level 10. These goods and all the double goods you'll be getting at every age further up are always in high demand. Trading them to lower age people for FP would give you as much or more than most buildings with the same footprint. Can't wait till SAM when it will be giving me 32+(lvl10+) highly lucrative AF goods a day.

3. To me they are mutually exclusive with Traz, if you're going Traz only use one, don't plant any other unit buildings until you get a good stock of rogues, then rely on what you get randomly every day mixed with the troops from your other unit buildings. Or just plant a Himeji, it keeps a light fighting player like me swimming in rogues. No traz it would be entirely subjective based on your play style/how fast you burn through them per week/day what have you.

Iroh the Tea Maker

Yeah, I didn't really count that as it's a settlement reward. Lots of people, including me, don't do them. I'd argue that it's still inferior, as you can't choose the troops you get except by keeping it at a certain age, whereas with the Traz you can get troops from whatever barracks you plant. And AFAIK the RB doesn't give Rogues.

I look forward to it! I know nothing about it but my guess is it has the same limitation: producing troops from the building's age.

Okay this is a good point. I thought the bathhouse worked like Traz. Reading the wiki it seems not.

1. Can't beat Traz if you plan to battle. That being said I would not plant it until after IA or Progressive. Troop loss starts to hurt more the higher you age up. It is large but consider how many unit buildings you would need to keep placed permanently to maintain a base army size if you're mowing through your unattached units from GE etc. You could go straight trader and kick it to the curb.;)

2. I love Babel but I mostly trade. It's value to me comes into play from Tomorrow Era on, when it's giving me 32 modern era goods a day at only level 10. These goods and all the double goods you'll be getting at every age further up are always in high demand. Trading them to lower age people for FP would give you as much or more than most buildings with the same footprint. Can't wait till SAM when it will be giving me 32+(lvl10+) highly lucrative AF goods a day.

3. To me they are mutually exclusive with Traz, if you're going Traz only use one, don't plant any other unit buildings until you get a good stock of rogues, then rely on what you get randomly every day mixed with the troops from your other unit buildings. Or just plant a Himeji, it keeps a light fighting player like me swimming in rogues. No traz it would be entirely subjective based on your play style/how fast you burn through them per week/day what have you.

My hideouts are going into storage then. I do run out of rogues on tough weeks on the GbG but my Traz is young (not a large stock of units yet) and low level (7).