• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Missing GB

DeletedUser10517

Someone asked me about a Dynamic Tower.....did I know anyone who had one as they wanted to donate and get a few prints.

Sure, I have one. I said.

Errr...no.

I looked, and sure enough, my Dynamic Tower is gone.........vanished.........disappeared. On thinking about it, I noticed but it didnt register, if you know what I mean.....must have gone about a week ago.

Anyway.....so I put a ticket in.

Response was basically.............Oh, sorry about that But we cant restore GBs. But we put all the prints and goods in your inventory so you can build a new one!!!

Ok

WHAT ABOUT ALL THE FORGE POINTS THAT HAVE BEEN ADDED!!?

Question is............Should Inno be refunding me all those points too??

Emberguard

(1) Did you go deleting buildings a week ago? If yes are you sure you didn't delete the GB?

2) if the answer is no and it's a bug, the question you're asking isn't "should Inno refund" it's "should Inno compensate for bugs?" And "how far should that go?" Bugs happen in games. Can you reasonably prove it was a bug and not a click you did while deleting other buildings?

3) how much of a setback is this for you realistically? I realise its still points you've lost, I sympathize with that but if you do re-build hopefully it's not a major setback. At least this game has actual support so you can get something back. Back in the good ol' offline games if the game bugged that was it. Quite a few games I've played growing up had bugs that resulted in losing hours of progress.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10517

I have definitely not deleted it.

Its hard to accidently delete a GB......you get a warning box.

But can I prove I didnt.....no.

Innos actual wording on their response was "We apologise this has occured" and then proceeded to tell me they have given me goods and prints to rebuild.

DeletedUser33179

I doubt Inno saves copies of every single change of every kind for every single city. So, how would they have any idea what level DT you had when it went missing several days before?

Graviton

Innos actual wording on their response was "We apologise this has occured" and then proceeded to tell me they have given me goods and prints to rebuild.

I'd be happy to get that much. No, I don't think they owe you any FPs unless it can be proven that it's a true software bug and not an accidental deletion. I've not heard of GBs just disappearing like that; if it were a bug I'd think it would be happening to other players.

DeletedUser

(Speaking as a player here.)
There is a logistical reason not to give you the Forge Points. There's no guarantee you would use them on the GB you deleted. Say you have a GB that you don't really feel like you want anymore. You "accidentally" delete it. They give you the BPs, goods and FP to rebuild it to the level it was. You instead use those FP to build or level up another GB that you find highly useful. There are many people who say they only keep certain GBs until they no longer feel they are efficient enough. Giving back those FP would literally be rewarding them for deleting those GBs, because who's to say it wasn't accidental? And then Inno would probably decide that it is better not to give anything back for deleted GBs because of the widespread abuse. And then you would not even get the BPs and goods you got this time. So be happy with what you got and move on. :)

DeletedUser10517

I'd be happy to get that much. No, I don't think they owe you any FPs unless it can be proven that it's a true software bug and not an accidental deletion. I've not heard of GBs just disappearing like that; if it were a bug I'd think it would be happening to other players.
So the fact they apologised to me doesnt mean anything?

DeletedUser10517

(Speaking as a player here.)
There is a logistical reason not to give you the Forge Points. There's no guarantee you would use them on the GB you deleted. Say you have a GB that you don't really feel like you want anymore. You "accidentally" delete it. They give you the BPs, goods and FP to rebuild it to the level it was. You instead use those FP to build or level up another GB that you find highly useful. There are many people who say they only keep certain GBs until they no longer feel they are efficient enough. Giving back those FP would literally be rewarding them for deleting those GBs, because who's to say it wasn't accidental? And then Inno would probably decide that it is better not to give anything back for deleted GBs because of the widespread abuse. And then you would not even get the BPs and goods you got this time. So be happy with what you got and move on. :)
I didnt delete it.

Inno did.

And they then apologised for it.

Why the hell should I just say "Oh, ok. No problem" ?

DeletedUser37581

I didnt delete it.

Inno did.

Do you really have much choice? Even if it was entirely their fault, what can you do about it? Sure, you can moan and groan about it here on the forum, but what will that do? Nothing, really. Support has done what they are going to do, and further complaining to them probably won't avail you anything either.

DeletedUser

So the fact they apologised to me doesnt mean anything?
Saying you're sorry about something happening is not necessarily an admission that it was anyone's fault. It's a pretty standard response in any situation where something bad has happened. "Sorry for your loss."
I didnt delete it.

Inno did.
You don't know that. You didn't notice that a huge GB is missing for a whole week, but you expect us to believe that you know for sure you didn't delete it accidentally?
No, they said they were sorry that it happened, which is far from an admission that it was the game's fault.
It doesn't matter what you say, this is the standard solution when a GB gets accidentally deleted. They are not picking on you or singling you out. This is what everyone who accidentally deletes a GB gets.
Question is............Should Inno be refunding me all those points too??
Since you put this in questions, and this was your question, the answer is...no, they shouldn't.

Graviton

I didnt delete it.

Inno did.

I'm not trying to be crappy, but I don't think Inno deleted it. GBs don't just disappear for no reason and Inno does not randomly delete them. I'm not calling you a liar, I believe you when you say you don't remember doing it. But I don't know of any other way for a GB to vanish. Again: if it were a bug, there would a lot more than one person complaining about it.

To echo @Stephen Longshanks, they followed the same procedure they do for every player who accidentally deletes a GB. I suppose you could spend a lot of time and energy harrassing support about it but I doubt it'll accomplish anything but waste your time and energy.

RazorbackPirate

I checked out you city and yes, there is indeed a large 6x5 empty spot where DT would fit. That's why I don't quite buy your story. There is a large 6x5 hole in your city where DT should be. Right next to your Arc, CdM, and Winter Spire which also need to be collected daily. You didn't notice for a whole week? It took someone asking about prints for you to notice it was 'suddenly' missing?

On the other hand, just for fun, let's compare @Stephen Longshanks's abuse scenario above to your city as it exists today.

As has been stated repeatedly by players, DT is most useful for lower age players looking to sell higher age goods, or acquire goods to build higher level GBs. Given the moderate level of your GBs, including your level 25 Arc, it's clear you don't sell goods. Now that you're in FE, having now built both TA and HC, there's no real need for higher aged goods anymore, ad with HC replacing the supplies DT had supplied, why keep it? Especially when ...

Given your clear focus on the A/D GBs, having built no other GBs above your age other than Kraken, AO clearly seems to be the next GB to build. Now that you've likely acquired the goods to now build AO, DT has run clearly run it's course. Freeing up that 6x5 space will also make it much easier to fit in that 7x7 AO, which given it's size, made sense to build last.

Ready to now build AO, the FPs that used to sit on DT would surely have been nice to start leveling AO, especially with it giving daily FPs in return. Even more so if you're plan, as the top member of your guild, is to stay in FE indefinitely and farm GvG for point to build your guild's rank.

So, given the two scenarios, which one appears to 'fit' your current situation best?

1. There's a bug in the system that randomly targeted you and just happened to delete your least useful higher age GB, just at the point it's no longer that useful and somehow, it really did take you over a week to notice. You do intend to rebuild it, (which you have not BTW, despite having the goods and BPs to do so.) and given your clearly under powered, poorly designed, fairly low FP producing city really could have used those FPs to get DT back to where it was. OR
  2. You deleted DT now that it's no longer useful and came up with the 'brilliant' idea that if you gave Inno some cock and bull story about it 'suddenly' disappearing, yada, yada, didn't register, yada, yada, must be a bug, yada yada, you'd maybe get those FPs back to get a jump start leveling the much more useful AO.
I'm going with scenario 2 ... 'cause something doesn't quite pass the smell test. I grew up in the country. I know when a cow's been around and it's time to get the shovel and knee high rubber boots.

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

This has happened to 3 players that I know. For 1 player the gb levels were added back the other two only bps and goods were given.

What level was your DT?

DeletedUser10517

This has happened to 3 players that I know. For 1 player the gb levels were added back the other two only bps and goods were given.

What level was your DT?
I thought it was level 7. My friend said it was on level 8.....so there abouts.

A few weeks ago, in my guild, some of my message threads disappeared. Not just the older messages, but the whole lot of them.

So for example, I was talking to one person about various bits a pieces, as I have done many times, and then the following day, I went on to refer back to the previous days conversation and all the messages were gone.

Hmmm....thats odd. I then thought "Hang on, I dont remember seeing the other messages on so and sos message thread" and when I checked, all those messages were gone too.
It was as though someone had come along and deleted the whole lot.

I sent a ticket in and Innos response was "You must have left the threads" Errrr no. I hadnt left the threads. I was still in the threads talking to the person, just all previous messages were gone.

Inno said....."there is a button....'Leave all conversations' you must have clicked that"
No....I hadnt.
It was 4 different people. The whole lot of messages...........gone.

A few days later, it happened with another thread but several of us all said "Where have all the previous messages gone?" none of us could see them.....again...it was as though they had been deleted....yet we were still in the thread.

I let Inno know.....and I got no reply.

So things happen that cant be explained.

I lost a GB and I did NOT delete it......No I didnt notice it was missing. Although I did wonder fleetingly about goods when Aiding and put thought I must have already collected.

DeletedUser10517

I checked out you city and yes, there is indeed a large 6x5 empty spot where DT would fit. That's why I don't quite buy your story. There is a large 6x5 hole in your city where DT should be. Right next to your Arc, CdM, and Winter Spire which also need to be collected daily. You didn't notice for a whole week? It took someone asking about prints for you to notice it was 'suddenly' missing?

On the other hand, just for fun, let's compare @Stephen Longshanks's abuse scenario above to your city as it exists today.

As has been stated repeatedly by players, DT is most useful for lower age players looking to sell higher age goods, or acquire goods to build higher level GBs. Given the moderate level of your GBs, including your level 25 Arc, it's clear you don't sell goods. Now that you're in FE, having now built both TA and HC, there's no real need for higher aged goods anymore, ad with HC replacing the supplies DT had supplied, why keep it? Especially when ...

Given your clear focus on the A/D GBs, having built no other GBs above your age other than Kraken, AO clearly seems to be the next GB to build. Now that you've likely acquired the goods to now build AO, DT has run clearly run it's course. Freeing up that 6x5 space will also make it much easier to fit in that 7x7 AO, which given it's size, made sense to build last.

Ready to now build AO, the FPs that used to sit on DT would surely have been nice to start leveling AO, especially with it giving daily FPs in return. Even more so if you're plan, as the top member of your guild, is to stay in FE indefinitely and farm GvG for point to build your guild's rank.

So, given the two scenarios, which one appears to 'fit' your current situation best?

1. There's a bug in the system that randomly targeted you and just happened to delete your least useful higher age GB, just at the point it's no longer that useful and somehow, it really did take you over a week to notice. You do intend to rebuild it, (which you have not BTW, despite having the goods and BPs to do so.) and given your clearly under powered, poorly designed, fairly low FP producing city really could have used those FPs to get DT back to where it was. OR
  2. You deleted DT now that it's no longer useful and came up with the 'brilliant' idea that if you gave Inno some cock and bull story about it 'suddenly' disappearing, yada, yada, didn't register, yada, yada, must be a bug, yada yada, you'd maybe get those FPs back to get a jump start leveling the much more useful AO.
I'm going with scenario 2 ... 'cause something doesn't quite pass the smell test. I grew up in the country. I know when a cow's been around and it's time to get the shovel and knee high rubber boots.
I have just recently returned to the game after being away for nearly 3 years due to a serious accident. I was in a coma, hospitalised and then in rehab for many months. So thats probably why my town seems so under powered to you.
The last time I played, I was a in the top ten and doing very well. Now, Im playing catch up but can only go so fast.

Some very odd things have happened in my town since Ive been back, and no, I cant explain them.....but they happen, nontheless.

I dont know what you mean about the DT no longer being useful......

DeletedUser

I lost a GB and I did NOT delete it......No I didnt notice it was missing. Although I did wonder fleetingly about goods when Aiding and put thought I must have already collected.
This sounds like a good example of:
So things happen that cant be explained.
You basically play one city, although you have 5 others that are barely active. (Fan data website info.) I play multiple cities actively, so I have a lot to keep track of. Not to mention the time I devote here to the Forum. Still, it boggles the mind that any GB could go missing without noticing for a week. Maybe if it were the Statue of Zeus and you still won battles handily. It's small and unobtrusive. The Dynamic Tower is 6x5 with a very high and distinctive profile. Throw in that it has a highly visible bonus that kicks in at the start of every aiding session. I have a DT in two of my cities. If it were gone, the hole would be noticed, and the first time I started to aid I would notice the floating goods icon missing. I don't know what happened to your DT. Maybe it was some kind of glitch. But the fact that you cling to this incredibly unbelievable story of not noticing it was missing for a whole week is throwing doubt on every other claim you make.