• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Missing GB

DeletedUser10517

This sounds like a good example of:

You basically play one city, although you have 5 others that are barely active. (Fan data website info.) I play multiple cities actively, so I have a lot to keep track of. Not to mention the time I devote here to the Forum. Still, it boggles the mind that any GB could go missing without noticing for a week. Maybe if it were the Statue of Zeus and you still won battles handily. It's small and unobtrusive. The Dynamic Tower is 6x5 with a very high and distinctive profile. Throw in that it has a highly visible bonus that kicks in at the start of every aiding session. I have a DT in two of my cities. If it were gone, the hole would be noticed, and the first time I started to aid I would notice the floating goods icon missing. I don't know what happened to your DT. Maybe it was some kind of glitch. But the fact that you cling to this incredibly unbelievable story of not noticing it was missing for a whole week is throwing doubt on every other claim you make.

I dont log on, and start an 'Aiding' session as you describe.

I do things in dribs and drabs.

As I said, I did fleetingly notice that I didnt get any goods when I aided my higher level friends, but put it down to having aided other players earlier and I must have gotten the goods then.

I dont think about things the way you do...not anymore. I have a brain injury.

It might have gone 3 days ago........or a week ago. I dont know......because it just didnt register that it wasnt there.

But one thing I know for sure.......I did NOT delete my own building.

RazorbackPirate

I have just recently returned to the game after being away for nearly 3 years due to a serious accident. I was in a coma, hospitalized and then in rehab for many months.
Welcome back to the game and the RL world as well. 3 years going through that kind of stuff is more than anyone should have to endure. But endure it you did, many kudos and much respect for having fought your way back.

DeletedUser10517

Welcome back to the game and the RL world as well. 3 years going through that kind of stuff is more than anyone should have to endure. But endure it you did, many kudos and much respect for having fought your way back.
Thank you. :))

DeletedUser10517

Messages older then 60 days auto-delete. Threads stay intact as long as there's newer messages, but the oldest message you'll be able to read is 59 days

I know that.......
As I said, threads disappeared completely......all of them.......including messages from the day before.
As I said.....it was as though someone came along and just wiped the whole thread clean. This happened on a few threads, not just one.

Inno tried to tell me exactly what you just did..........and I explained again..........no, not the messages that are old...............

ALL OF THEM!

My previous post was quite clear..........I said
"So for example, I was talking to one person about various bits a pieces, as I have done many times, and then the following day, I went on to refer back to the previous days conversation and all the messages were gone."

Agent327

I know that.......
As I said, threads disappeared completely......all of them.......including messages from the day before.
As I said.....it was as though someone came along and just wiped the whole thread clean. This happened on a few threads, not just one.

Inno tried to tell me exactly what you just did..........and I explained again..........no, not the messages that are old...............

ALL OF THEM!

My previous post was quite clear..........I said
"So for example, I was talking to one person about various bits a pieces, as I have done many times, and then the following day, I went on to refer back to the previous days conversation and all the messages were gone."

So things disapper for you. It does not seem to happen to anyone else, so what would be the logical conclusion?

DeletedUser10517

So things disapper for you. It does not seem to happen to anyone else, so what would be the logical conclusion?
If you would read my posts you would see that indeed other guildmates also experienced the disappearing of messages.
None of us could get an answer from Inno as to why this had happened other than "you must have left the thread" Really? So how come we are all still in the thread, talking with one another, but all previous messages gone?

Also, a poster above commented on other people who had disappearing GBs.....

So clearly, not just me.

As this forum is a TINY proportion of FoE players, I dont really think you can assertain it doesnt happen to anyone else, because how could you possibly know?

Agent327

If you would read my posts you would see that indeed other guildmates also experienced the disappearing of messages.
None of us could get an answer from Inno as to why this had happened other than "you must have left the thread" Really? So how come we are all still in the thread, talking with one another, but all previous messages gone?

Do other guilds and players experience this as well, or is it just your guild and are you telling eachother what you want it to be?

Also, a poster above commented on other people who had disappearing GBs.....

Those other people deleted their GB's.

So clearly, not just me.

Clearly just you.

As this forum is a TINY proportion of FoE players, I dont really think you can assertain it doesnt happen to anyone else, because how could you possibly know?

You lost a 6x5 building. You do not know when you lost it, you did not notice that you lost it, but you do know that you did not delete it and that you would have seen the pop-up warning you that you werre about to delete it. A pop-up the size of the missing building you did not see. Now what would be the logical conclusion? Bug or human error?

Super Catanian

I guarantee that if GBs were randomly vanishing the outcry on this forum would approach biblical proportions.
And that would make the forums 3.5 times worse than what they are right now.

"I demand a refund for my Oracle of Delphi!!"

Devs: Okay, here are the blueprints.

DeletedUser38615

I had a similar situation happen to me recently that I still can't explain. My Level 10 Statue of Zeus was suddenly gone. The difference is that there was no space because somehow, an Athlete's Quarters was moved from my inventory to where Zeus had been. I certainly didn't do both of those things accidentally. I asked support and they also provided the two bp I was missing and goods to start at level 0. It is very discouraging. As to proof of the level, my entire guild knew of it as it had been pointed out in a thread by our founder that this was our first gb to reach level 10. And while I understand the idea that providing all of the missing fps at once could possibly be used for other purposes, I would offer to receive one level at a time, and not receive any additional until that next level was demonstrated to be on Zeus. Perhaps this is a bit time consuming but in light of this unusual circumstance, is there any opportunity for a review? I am back at level 3 now and can't fight through GE like I did previously so it is a bit of a setback and I could have been leveling my other gbs. Is there an appeal process? Thanks for any guidance.

Graviton

I am back at level 3 now and can't fight through GE like I did previously so it is a bit of a setback and I could have been leveling my other gbs. Is there an appeal process? Thanks for any guidance.

ForgeDB shows you have no Zeus at all. You did lose 33k points on March 11 or 12, so that could've been a lvl 10 Zeus going away, I'm not gonna do the math. But you haven't used those BPs and goods Inno gave you to start a new one.

https://foestats.com/us/us25/players/profile/?server=us25&world=Zorskog&id=17318543

DeletedUser38615

I am not sure where that information is coming from but if I could somehow screenshot my city, you would clearly see my Zeus. It just reached level 4! How can I prove this?
Additionally, the list on the statistics page only shows 5 gbs and I have 8: Zeus, Oracle, ToR, Lighthouse, SMB, CoA, Observatory and Babel. They aren't all showing for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freshmeboy

I believe Mr. Longshanks hit the nail on the head here Muckraker...regardless of the ways and means of GB deletion INNO must use a hard line on reparations to avoid abuse...again, sorry for your loss...

DeletedUser

Is there an appeal process? Thanks for any guidance.
In-game support is the only avenue I know of for this. It can be discussed on the Forum, but Forum moderators are usually not also in-game moderators and vice versa. I am only a moderator on the Forum.

My feeling as a player is that since they added the check box to confirm deletion of certain premium decorations, like the Face of the Ancient, it is more likely to accidentally delete a GB while fulfilling a "provide Happiness" quest. Before, GBs were the only buildings with that check box, so you knew it was a GB. Now, if you're building/selling a bunch of FotA and not paying close enough attention, it would be easy to accidentally delete a GB that is adjacent. That's part of the reason I usually clear a space away from my GBs when I build/sell those premium decos.