• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Missing GB

Algona

My feeling as a player is that since they added the check box to confirm deletion of certain premium decorations, like the Face of the Ancient, it is more likely to accidentally delete a GB while fulfilling a "provide Happiness" quest. Before, GBs were the only buildings with that check box, so you knew it was a GB. Now, if you're building/selling a bunch of FotA and not paying close enough attention, it would be easy to accidentally delete a GB that is adjacent. That's part of the reason I usually clear a space away from my GBs when I build/sell those premium decos.

That;s pretty profound and I think you nailed it.

I seem to recall someone asking (a Proposal maybe?) for a different dialog box for GBs and SBS.

Maybe it's time to reexamine that idea.

RazorbackPirate

ForgeDB shows you have no Zeus at all. You did lose 33k points on March 11 or 12, so that could've been a lvl 10 Zeus going away, I'm not gonna do the math. But you haven't used those BPs and goods Inno gave you to start a new one.

https://foestats.com/us/us25/players/profile/?server=us25&world=Zorskog&id=17318543
This is incorrect as only GBs above level 4 will show. So at level 3, it still won't show. Use City Planner to open his city and you'll be able to see what GBs he has and their levels wherever they are.

DeletedUser38615

This also doesn't explain the mystery of how Zeus was replaced by a building out of my inventory. That's not something that would be done accidentally. That is why I believe there was some sort of glitch. Or a hack, but what was gained by doing this is beyond me.

DeletedUser38090

@Graviton
ForgeDB doesn't show GBs that are below level 4. Since @Muckraker the Savage has said that he just got his Zeus to level 4 just a few moments ago, it probably didn't register on the database.
But I pulled up his city on the city planner, and it shows a Zeus alright, just put in right between his SMB and CoA.
mUVCBzH.png

Algona

This also doesn't explain the mystery of how Zeus was replaced by a building out of my inventory. That's not something that would be done accidentally. That is why I believe there was some sort of glitch. Or a hack, but what was gained by doing this is beyond me.

Sure it does. Major remodel: Deleting some stuff, moving other stuff around, deleting more buildings, some reconstruction mode, move, delete. Somewhere in that zap Zeus accidentally. A while later see the space and say, goody I can move this into that handy spot.

I dunno about anyone else, but FoE has this nasty habit of sometimes grabbing what is under my sell, move, or sweep when I click that button. I haven't lost anything in four years of that joy but come close a few times. I can see it happening.

DeletedUser38615

Sure it does. Major remodel: Deleting some stuff, moving other stuff around, deleting more buildings, some reconstruction mode, move, delete. Somewhere in that zap Zeus accidentally. A while later see the space and say, goody I can move this into that handy spot.

I dunno about anyone else, but FoE has this nasty habit of sometimes grabbing what is under my sell, move, or sweep when I click that button. I haven't lost anything in four years of that joy but come close a few times. I can see it happening.
If I had been doing a remodel, it could. I hadn't done any remodeling during that time. After they gave me the replacement Zeus, I moved a few things around to partially hide Zeus behind SMB. Theoretically, what you say makes sense. The reality is that didn't happen.

DeletedUser38615

Bottom line is I am just looking to see if there is anyone with whom I can converse to see whether this can be rectified. If the answer is no, then I just have to move on.

DeletedUser

Bottom line is I am just looking to see if there is anyone with whom I can converse to see whether this can be rectified. If the answer is no, then I just have to move on.
It has been rectified. You got the BPs and goods to build it again, that's all anyone gets.

RazorbackPirate

It has been rectified. You've been given the missing prints and goods to rebuild, just like @Ruby Rainfall. The only rectification you get. Regardless the reason the GB deletion occurred, your fault or 'gremlins', with the abuse potential outlined by @Stephen Longshanks, there will be no FPs forthcoming.

I suspect moving forward, you'll pay much closer attention as you make changes to your city in case it ever happens again. Had either of you caught the deletion on the same day, I'm not sure if the outcome would have been the same, but catching it weeks later, IMO what they gave both of you was very generous.

In no way should the restitution be construed as an admission of a known glitch in the program, more than anything it sounds like the, "not worth fighting with a customer over. Restore the prints and goods to rebuild, apologize and move on."

DeletedUser33179

I had a similar situation happen to me recently that I still can't explain. My Level 10 Statue of Zeus was suddenly gone. The difference is that there was no space because somehow, an Athlete's Quarters was moved from my inventory to where Zeus had been. I certainly didn't do both of those things accidentally. I asked support and they also provided the two bp I was missing and goods to start at level 0. It is very discouraging. As to proof of the level, my entire guild knew of it as it had been pointed out in a thread by our founder that this was our first gb to reach level 10. And while I understand the idea that providing all of the missing fps at once could possibly be used for other purposes, I would offer to receive one level at a time, and not receive any additional until that next level was demonstrated to be on Zeus. Perhaps this is a bit time consuming but in light of this unusual circumstance, is there any opportunity for a review? I am back at level 3 now and can't fight through GE like I did previously so it is a bit of a setback and I could have been leveling my other gbs. Is there an appeal process? Thanks for any guidance.

From the posted pic of your city, you do fill all the space you have available with something (which is good). This makes your extremely odd bug even less likely - as how was the the 2x3 zeus replaced by the 3x4 athlete living quarters?

Super Catanian

From the posted pic of your city, you do fill all the space you have available with something (which is good). This makes your extremely odd bug even less likely - as how was the the 2x3 zeus replaced by the 3x4 athlete living quarters?
Yeah, I was going to mention that, but thought that there was enough spare space for it to fit.

DeletedUser38615

Because as I said earlier, after losing Zeus, then being given the level 0 Zeus to start over, I moved things around and added other items from my inventory to fill in other spaces. And I did contact customer support back when it happened. This question was posted only to see whether there were other options. Thanks for the responses. Moving on and logging off.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38226

Don't know what happened, but 3 years is a long time to go inactive. A lot can happen in 3 years, and since DT is not a common building, an issue may not be widely noticed.

If it is uncommon and the issue were DT specific, then your story could be credible. Even more so because DT reportedly has an unusual animation.

Inno could end arguments by keeping a log, but that may not have been the focus when the game was written.

I user to be a computer jock and then I worked in a production environment.

I don't have a strong reason to doubt or not doubt, but managers have to deal with people playing them. They won't always be right, but they do have to make a decision. I stayed out of management for a reason.

It is a bit of a stretch to assume somebody is trying to game Inno, but it is probably not unfair to say some of us are trying to game just about everyone and everything else.

My sympathies.....

Emberguard

I am not sure where that information is coming from but if I could somehow screenshot my city, you would clearly see my Zeus. It just reached level 4! How can I prove this?
Additionally, the list on the statistics page only shows 5 gbs and I have 8: Zeus, Oracle, ToR, Lighthouse, SMB, CoA, Observatory and Babel. They aren't all showing for some reason.
That particular website if a third party site and is always a little bit behind the current state of the city. How far I'm not sure

DeletedUser31420

It almost sounds like you were hacked, if your GB is missing along with message threads. Change your password immediately.

DeletedUser

Inno could end arguments by keeping a log
Speaking as a player (because Forum mods don't get access to information like this) I believe Inno does keep a log of some sort. The reason I believe this is because back when they changed the ranking points formula, they went back and reworked it for every player back to when they started. I don't see how they could have done this if they didn't have some sort of record. Now in the case of a missing GB, they would probably have a record of the time it disappeared, but it might very well be impossible to tell why/how it disappeared. Meaning that they might have a record of the time it ceased to exist but not a record of the specific action that deleted it.

DeletedUser

It's been over 2 days since you posted that Inno gave you all the blueprints & TE goods to rebuild your DT (& they never give fp reimbursement for deleted GBs). Yet, you haven't put down the DT in your city. I'm curious, why not. It's a very important GB to you, isn't it?
Can you update us on whether it is rebuilt yet?

Algona

I believe Inno does keep a log of some sort. The reason I believe this is because back when they changed the ranking points formula, they went back and reworked it for every player back to when they started. I don't see how they could have done this if they didn't have some sort of record.

Since all that is needed to calculate current RP from a GB is the level of the GB, I don't think the quote holds true as evidence INNO has a detailed log.

NOTE WELL! I'm not disagreeing that INNO keeps logs. I suspect someone could find some good clues if they went back and took a close look at the Oracle debacle and how INNO handled that.