• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Missing I world

DeletedUser30791

I just realized that the second A world is on US server 26 and that there is no I world. Was there ever an I world? If not, why not? If so, what happened to it? Did it rebel and Inno sent a Death Star to wipe it out?

DeletedUser3882

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...i-server-and-two-a-servers.23362/#post-208163

Soooooo.... an update on the above link last time this was asked....

*Seems* they ran out of ideas when the 4th world opened (Dunursund) and followed the names of the Continent Map provinces for a long period of time. The first “I” province didn’t come around until the Modern Era map for whatever reason, but by that release, they seem to have been inspired with some new names again.

Personally, I was hoping they’d stick to the pattern of Cont Map provinces. *Really* looking forward to playing in “Monkeys Fist!” when it inevitably opened :/

Of course, none of this explains why no I nor why the first “I” province didn’t come until Modern...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3882

The question has been asked more times than anyone cares to realize...

Inquiring minds want to know! @Snowbelle
:)

DeletedUser

I've always believed it was because the company's name starts with an "I"...Inno. Seems the simplest explanation. :D

Graviton

My first guess would be because a capital 'I' Is indistinguishable from a lower-case 'L' and they didn't want to deal with the inevitable confusion.

DeletedUser21322

I honestly have no idea. I like many can come up with a really sarcastic wrong answer.

I do know that they followed the alphabet A-Z and have now started a second A world. I too am wondering if they will stay within the pattern or not.

I do know (within the last year i believe) Inno did ask for suggestions on new world names. Things from moons and planets to greek god/goddess were suggested.

I am sorry that I do not have a better answer for you.

ODragon

In a lot of programming, "i" is skipped because on screen it likes an "l". This is the same reason they skip o and 0 in alphanumeric codes.

DeletedUser30791

I honestly have no idea. I like many can come up with a really sarcastic wrong answer.

I do know that they followed the alphabet A-Z and have now started a second A world. I too am wondering if they will stay within the pattern or not.

I do know (within the last year i believe) Inno did ask for suggestions on new world names. Things from moons and planets to greek god/goddess were suggested.

I am sorry that I do not have a better answer for you.
No problem. Probably better that there is no known answer. The capital I and small l looking the same is probably the answer. I prefer something like its a hidden world where the players that "leave" ;) end up. After all, why would someone voluntarily leave FOE?

When the time is right, Inno ought to do a contest to name the 2nd B world.