• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Mistakes Ive made !

Super Catanian

Still with buildings scattered from LMA thru each Age including PE.
I use those Goods for either negotiating or trading. I could use a Renovation Kit if I wanted to, but I prefer for it to stay that way for now. I would rather go to ME, use Renovation Kits on a lot of Event Buildings, and get Refined Goods without needing their respective Goods Buildings. Then I can keep my CA Goods Buildings for more trading.

Also, I have a comfortable supply of resources, and I am indeed patient. My city is never not enthusiastic. I want to age up to ME after the Event, and wait until I get enough Refined Goods for the negotiations. I’ll just keep waiting and waiting...

DreadfulCadillac

I use those Goods for either negotiating or trading. I could use a Renovation Kit if I wanted to, but I prefer for it to stay that way for now. I would rather go to ME, use Renovation Kits on a lot of Event Buildings, and get Refined Goods without needing their respective Goods Buildings. Then I can keep my CA Goods Buildings for more trading.

Also, I have a comfortable supply of resources, and I am indeed patient. My city is never not enthusiastic. I want to age up to ME after the Event, and wait until I get enough Refined Goods for the negotiations. I’ll just keep waiting and waiting...
you city funny, i just went there to check it out lol

DeletedUser31540

Okay so for the record boosted goods buildings are 5x as efficient as the unboosted ones not 20x or 100x like people are intimating

I find it ideal to have 0 ‘goods buildings’ if a city is not yet ready for this type of gameplay use only boosted goods of the age you are in !

If you cant trade for what you need join a new guild or make trades slightly more favorable if possible !

I did not always agree with this but through time, experience, and mistakes i learned that this was optimal.

If people wanna continue on with their suboptimal goods productions carry on ! Whatever floats your boat ! Though i suspect if those individuals continue to play they will eventually realize the inefficiency of their ways and then the yugi facepalm will be quite fitting indeed ;)

DeletedUser33179

If you plan to use your event buildings (increased via renos to ME) for your refined goods supply, then you only need some Col Age goods for parts of tech tree. So, what exactly are you hoping to trade those extra Col Age goods from your 5 different current boosted/unboosted goods buildings to get in return? There's no windfall of riches to be had there. They get traded in the market just the same as any other goods. PE goods (in Age you're in now), on the other hand, tend to be popular since are needed for building Traz & CF (Plus, you need them for negotiations in ME, in addition to other things).

By all means, play as you like & enjoy the game :). Seriously. Best be bit wary, though. You've been on these forums a long time. Thus, you know that the 2nd biggest source of problems players have (after #1 omg I'm being plundered by evil people ;) ) relates to having advanced in Age &/or CMap beyond your ability comfortably sustain yourself & complete GE/events optimally.

mamboking053

My biggest mistake I think so far I went to mess around in GvG and found the AA map (still just learning gvg). I thought all ages, I can do that! (fun fact I'm in LMA). I see a tile and a set a siege army...I look at the upcoming battles and I see spearman and some drummers. I thought, Oh I got this!
*Narrator* But she, in fact, did not have this.
3 Battles in some FE troops wiped me, my Grenadier, and rogue army off the planet. And of course, I forgot to revive my grenadier...

The exact same thing happened to me, except it was a Rapid Fire Cannon from the age above mines. Like a kick to the belly...

DeletedUser29563

My biggest mistake I think so far I went to mess around in GvG and found the AA map (still just learning gvg). I thought all ages, I can do that! (fun fact I'm in LMA). I see a tile and a set a siege army...I look at the upcoming battles and I see spearman and some drummers. I thought, Oh I got this!
*Narrator* But she, in fact, did not have this.
3 Battles in some FE troops wiped me, my Grenadier, and rogue army off the planet. And of course, I forgot to revive my grenadier...

*in my best forest gump voice*
AA's like a box of choc-lets...u neva know what ya gunna gi-yet...

DeletedUser40737

-After fights, continuing to fight with weakened units and not replacing them with healthy units, causing myself to eventually lose an entire fighter instead of letting it heal.... losing many, many fighters, actually.
- attacking with an IA unit that a received from the story quest while in CA, losing it in battle and not healing it, losing it completely
- spending diamonds on GE negotiations
- not understating double dipping and leveling other players GB, thinking I was "helping"

I'm a total noob - two days in, and here are my biggest mistakes:
Spending diamonds on a premium building (stock yard) that I ended up selling later because it was taking up too much space and population
Building all of the manufacturing buildings (vineyard, lumber mill, etc) and not attempting to trade
Not allowing myself to be pulled by the nose by the story bonuses

I state the last one somewhat sarcastically/satirically. My #1 peeve (and in fact the reason I may quit playing the game) is the lack of retroactivity in the story bonuses. Unless you CAN'T do something again (e.g. research construction) it won't say "oh, you've already done that. Good for you." I've had to:
-Cancel a 1 day build in order to make a 5 minute product (trophy, flagon, whatever)
-Destroy a house just to rebuild it for the sake of the story goal
-Destroy a stone circle - same issue as above.

My other big complaint is that on my first city, I got lucky and the path I took was the quickest path to the PVP tower. Afterwards, I conquered another area first, and only later found out that my previous battles don't count! I'm likely going to win the PVP for my main city, but no chance in other worlds. Unfortunately, I found this out too late, as I had already taken the same route for all of my secondary worlds.

Also, why can't I create a thread? Am I too new to the game? I couldn't seem to find a place to start a thread about this, so I just am replying to this one, which was the closest topic I could find.
Thanks

Talen the Lazy

saknika

I'm a total noob - two days in, and here are my biggest mistakes:
Spending diamonds on a premium building (stock yard) that I ended up selling later because it was taking up too much space and population
Building all of the manufacturing buildings (vineyard, lumber mill, etc) and not attempting to trade
Not allowing myself to be pulled by the nose by the story bonuses

I state the last one somewhat sarcastically/satirically. My #1 peeve (and in fact the reason I may quit playing the game) is the lack of retroactivity in the story bonuses. Unless you CAN'T do something again (e.g. research construction) it won't say "oh, you've already done that. Good for you." I've had to:
-Cancel a 1 day build in order to make a 5 minute product (trophy, flagon, whatever)
-Destroy a house just to rebuild it for the sake of the story goal
-Destroy a stone circle - same issue as above.

My other big complaint is that on my first city, I got lucky and the path I took was the quickest path to the PVP tower. Afterwards, I conquered another area first, and only later found out that my previous battles don't count! I'm likely going to win the PVP for my main city, but no chance in other worlds. Unfortunately, I found this out too late, as I had already taken the same route for all of my secondary worlds.

Also, why can't I create a thread? Am I too new to the game? I couldn't seem to find a place to start a thread about this, so I just am replying to this one, which was the closest topic I could find.
Thanks

Talen the Lazy
Yeah, you can't do certain things retroactively if you still have the ability to complete it otherwise. So for example, if it said "conquer this specific province" and you've already done it, then it automatically completes. But if you need to gather troops or build houses, since you can do that at any time, it doesn't autocomplete.

And yes, it does stink that if the PvP tower isn't open when you're fighting that the battles don't count, but once you know you can account for it. :)

Triopoly Champion

Here's a mistake I've made a few times. I'm in a battle and I finally get down to that Rogue they foolishly put in on defense. I hit it and sit back waiting for the victory screen...but it transforms! Into another copy of that doggone unit I forgot was hiding in the forest! Crap!!!
I never forgot to wipe those sneaky guys hiding in the forests because I almost always sent out 1 Colonial Champion + 7 Rogues, so my strategy = "Always watch out for the light units in the enemy mix."

Triopoly Champion

Yeah, but you're fixated on Colonial Champions, so...:rolleyes:
Here's my list:

1 Colonial Champion + 7 Rogues vs :
Rangers -> Moderately Effective
Musketeers -> Very Effective
Dragoons -> Very Effective
Grenadiers -> Moderately Effective
Field Guns -> Very Effective

1 Grenadier + 7 Rogues vs:
Rangers -> Very Effective
Musketeers -> Ineffective
Grenadiers -> Very Effective
Field Guns -> Moderately Effective

1 Ranger + 7 Rogues vs:
Musketeers -> Moderately Effective **
Grenadiers -> Ineffective
Field Guns -> Moderately Effective **

2 Field Guns + 6 Rogues vs :
Rangers -> Likely Ineffective **
Dragoons -> Ineffective

2 Musketeers + 6 Rogues vs :
Musketeers -> Moderately Effective
Dragoons -> Ineffective
Field Guns -> Ineffective

** (Depend on how much Forests showing on the map)

DeletedUser

Here's my list:

1 Ranger + 7 Rogues vs:

Dragoons -> Ineffective

Dragoons -> Ineffective

I don't agree with all of your list, but you left out Dragoons, which would be pretty much just as effective as Champions. At least, I saw no difference back when I was destroying both of them with ease. :D

DreadfulCadillac

Here's my list:

1 Ranger + 7 Rogues vs:

Dragoons -> Ineffective

Dragoons -> Ineffective

tried using 1 champ 7 rogues against a indy army yesterday, and no unit losses..there might be some stock in what your sayin!

DeletedUser

My Champions can rip off enemy rangers with triple-digits % of defense boost and even some attacking boost, however your field guns cannot accomplish this goal.
Show me where I ever said to use Field Guns against Rangers. I am so sick of you twisting things I say that I am done with you. Do not refer to me again in any of your idiotic Champion fantasy posts.

P.S.: You are going on "Ignore". You are the first person on the Forum that I have used this on. Buh-bye!

Triopoly Champion

Here's a mistake I've made a few times. I'm in a battle and I finally get down to that Rogue they foolishly put in on defense. I hit it and sit back waiting for the victory screen...but it transforms! Into another copy of that doggone unit I forgot was hiding in the forest! Crap!!!
I thought you hit that rogue with the Field Gun and it transformed into Ranger, unless it was in a different era.

Field Guns cannot efficiently take out highly boosted enemy Grenadiers, their defense are too strong, can take up to 4 hits before falling down.

Last edited:

DeletedUser11463

Building a collosseum.
Building a Notre Lame.
Upping a champ retreat to a new age instead of waiting for another one. (This was back when they were harder to get tho.)
Rushing thru the early ages instead of enjoying them.
Not humping my butt to get my arc leveled early on.

Freshmeboy

I guess the day I dropped the fan in the bath while I was bathing..or when I made my V-cut on the wrong side of that walnut tree and it fell on the house. Maybe the time I stored all those Roman Candles and firecrackers near the water heater..oh..wait..you meant about the Game......uh,...er...nevermind.