• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Mistakes Ive made !

DeletedUser38784

Taking trades for 3000 EMA good from 2000 rope for a guild member in need of EMA goods to complete GE as the guild now wants me to do it again 2 weeks later. They feel that as I have 10 EMA goods buildings I have the want for more rope and have tons of extra EMA goods.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Taking trades for 3000 EMA good from 2000 rope for a guild member in need of EMA goods to complete GE as the guild now wants me to do it again 2 weeks later. They feel that as I have 10 EMA goods buildings I have the want for more rope and have tons of extra EMA goods.
Ugh. Yeah just because you have a lot of goods buildings doesn’t mean you want to trade it all away into a different age. If you wanted HMA you’d have built HMA

Triopoly Champion

Ugh. Yeah just because you have a lot of goods buildings doesn’t mean you want to trade it all away into a different age. If you wanted HMA you’d have built HMA
I typically want the bigger goods buildings, so I can trade for whatever I want, Granite and Alabaster will always get me the IA, EMA and HMA goods I need. Brick and Salt are the 2 HMA goods I want it to be boosted because their goods building sizes will generate rotational problems for other players but not me. Basalt and Brass work the best for me since both are 4x4.

If I pile up 10k Granite + 10k Alabaster, I'll win this game, best to trade up to HMA.

Triopoly Champion

It's indeed a mistake if I can just have a level 80 Arc and a level 80 Chateau Frontenac, nothing will be in shortage, but then I don't want all of my cities to be totally ideal as it won't reflect my real life any more.

I only need 1 ideal city, other minor worlds just for fun while not attracting major guilds.

I'd like to have Alabaster and Granite continent deposit bonus in a minor world where I don't plan to put in any mega GBs. There's no reason for me to build Alabaster mansions next to my level 80 Arc.

I meant I tried to mass produce Alabaster and having Arc 80 in the same city in Mount Killmore, then I found it out that I no longer needed any Alabaster once my Arc grew so huge, so I should have kept my older continent deposit bonus instead of asking the Inno support during 2018.

I couldn't own 2 cities in the same world, so that indicated the city that had the Alabaster continent deposit bonus should be in an Arcless or a lower-Arc world where Orius Maximus resided(Parkog). To be more clear, plundering across the world isn't possible, thus all the MK Alabaster I'm owning has no route to be detoured or delivered into Orius Maximus' hands.

Inno support definitely won't change my continent deposit bonus for the 2nd time unless they allow this process to be done through spending the diamonds which will be the only way to fix it. There is no Orius Maximus in Vingrid.

Goal: Orius Maximus successfully plunders 1 of tuckerkao's Alabaster Masons, get 20 not 4 of them.

I always wish to see Algona selecting 8 Rogues, then hit auto in GvG.

Last edited:

barra370804

Okay get ready, this is a FUNNY mistake.

So I was new to the game, and I heard of the tool, City Planner. So I thought that this tool took all the buildings in your city, then rearranged them in an order that would clear up the most space. So what I did, was get onto city planner, put in all my city information and then proceeded to go into RC mode and copy every single building of my city, back into the EXCACT SAME spots that they were already in! This took me about an hour to do and when I was done copying everything, I realized that the open space on the City Planner was just the event buildings that hadn't been added yet!!! I felt SO stupid and angry with myself, but looking back on it I am laughing so hard at myself.

DeletedUser40884

Completing every RQ despite it being detrimental, or letting myself sit on one and not complete it and thereby not progressing, because I thought that if I hit "abort" it meant I could no longer do RQ. I lost more precious resources as I was starting out because I thought I *had to pay all of my supplies in order to move on.

Super Catanian

Late, but here's a mistake.
When the AD came out, I traded all of my SoKs, WWs, Rogue Hideouts, and the Shrink Kits for the latter two. I did this with all of them...
At the 2 hour cycles.

A mistake I almost committed...
Following tucker.

Triopoly Champion

When the AD came out, I traded all of my SoKs, WWs, Rogue Hideouts, and the Shrink Kits for the latter two. I did this with all of them...
At the 2 hour cycles.

Following tucker.
I still have all of my Shrine of Knowledge in my inventory, they are valuable because the limit amount of Dark Doorways I can earn every year -
Forge of Empires - 36 Shrine of Knowledge.jpg
@Algona cannot plunder fps out of my SoKs if I advance to Contemporary Era.

Emberguard

At the 2 hour cycles.

Following tucker.
Yeah.... unless you've got so much stuff you'll never get through all of it then the wise move would be get rid of your junkiest junk on 2 hr, then switch to either 8 hr or 24 hr for your most valuable stuff once you know your inventory won't be able to keep up with 2 hr long term

Last edited:

Super Catanian

Yeah.... unless you've got so much stuff you'll never get through all of it then the wise move would be get rid of your junkiest junk on 2 hr, then switch to either 8 hr or 24 hr for your most valuable stuff once you know your inventory won't be able to keep up with 2 hr long term
Yep, I realized that way too late!

mamboking053

Seems like you should always do 24 hours, but start with the valuable stuff first to get a good amount of gems stored up and then when you run out of that you can trade the small stuff at your leisure.

Emberguard

Once you’ve got 5 slots sure. Otherwise it’ll take a long time to get anywhere. The least value stuff make great fodder for opening slots

DeletedUser29726

Seems like you should always do 24 hours, but start with the valuable stuff first to get a good amount of gems stored up and then when you run out of that you can trade the small stuff at your leisure.

Early on there can be a desire to unlock more slots though. To unlock slots you need to exchange a sheer volume of items, which obviously can be achieved easier on 2 hr cycle. However since you're losing a lot of value by exchanging good stuff in 2 hours, it makes sense to churn through your 10% boost bottles and things like that on a 2 hr cycle first. Then once you've got enough slots that you feel confident can handle the really valuable stuff you want to dump you can come back and exchange multiple items on a 24 hr cycle and get full value from it and work your way down. For people who have cities that have been around for years, 'enough slots' to accomplish that could well be all of them.

Jern2017

I used the 2 hour cycle and exchanged cheap stuff until I unlocked the second slot, now I'm using the 24 hour cycle non-stop.

DeletedUser37581

I never saw a need to unlock slots with any great haste. After the first couple of days, I had plenty of trade coins and gems.