• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Mistakes Ive made !

Super Catanian

This one happened quite recently.
A while ago, a Guild member built his Observatory after struggling to obtain BPs for it. Finally, it was erected (thanks stix2brix thread) and slowly kept increasing in level. One day, I decided to donate to it to try to secure first place. However, I overlooked how many FPs were needed, and when I pressed the 10 FP button (once or twice; don't remember), I accidentally leveled it ! I had told him and others in a chat thread about double-dipping and not to flip other's GBs; I felt so bad! Worse than that, I don't think I even got first place.
Ended up donating 50 FPs to each of his GBs as compensation. Sorry, @Oswyn the kind...

time4coffee

I think my biggest mistake, at least recently was building the Cape Canaveral. I was talking to guild mates about what gb to try for. They suggested the Cape for the fps. I am in the LMA so I need help with goods and my friend practically gave them to me. After I built I realized I put in a lot of fps to get 2 fps a day.
Between buildings I bought at auctions and events and the CdM , I was already pulling in over 40fp a day, I'm not really sure. I was really trying to advance and the guys were only helping but at this point, I feel stupid for so far investing so many fp in that gb when I have so many to level.
I guess my big stupidity was not thinking this all through and when I did, just before construction, I felt I owed to friend after all he did to go and build it

Triopoly Champion

I think my biggest mistake, at least recently was building the Cape Canaveral. I was talking to guild mates about what gb to try for. They suggested the Cape for the fps. I am in the LMA so I need help with goods and my friend practically gave them to me. After I built I realized I put in a lot of fps to get 2 fps a day.
Between buildings I bought at auctions and events and the CdM , I was already pulling in over 40fp a day, I'm not really sure. I was really trying to advance and the guys were only helping but at this point, I feel stupid for so far investing so many fp in that gb when I have so many to level.
I guess my big stupidity was not thinking this all through and when I did, just before construction, I felt I owed to friend after all he did to go and build it
Cape is only great to level if you can surge it into the Profit Zone levels.

DeletedUser38368

I, like most players, have made pretty normal mistakes as an FoE noob. After 1.5 years, I only have a few regrets;
1. Not getting ME troops while in Indy
2. Not getting PME commandos while in PE.
3. Putting a PME MG team into a GvG siege while in PE.

P.S. Stay out of 1.9 if you've been drinking...

Last edited by a moderator:

ahsay

This is only a problem in GvG and your ability to fight on the lower age maps. Once Battlegrounds arrive, this should not longer be a problem as all your fights will be current age troops. After GBG arrives, for most, having a Champ retreat age locked to HMA won't even be a thing.
Only a problem in GvG? Shirley you're not serious? There's plundering and GE too. In PvP winning the lower towers is always nice.

DeletedUser42156

Biggest mistake I've made, is reading the mistakes! This is a game everyone makes mistakes that's how you increase your knowledge, no mistakes you learn very little, repeat mistakes you've learned Verylittle, power means you have learned from your mistakes. Knowledge is power.

Algona

Biggest mistake I've made, is reading the mistakes! This is a game everyone makes mistakes that's how you increase your knowledge, no mistakes you learn very little, repeat mistakes you've learned Verylittle, power means you have learned from your mistakes. Knowledge is power.

What an odd notion. You think you have to make mistakes in order to learn?

Isn't it more beneficial long term to think through possible consequences to help avoid making mistakes? Especially in a strategy game?

Isn't it a lot easier on health, wealth, happiness to learn from the mistakes of others in any situation?

DeletedUser42156

The point is someone had to make the mistake and you are one of the rare birds who is capable of learning from the mistakes of others, in our society how many out there will not listen to reason the answer is right in front of them but yet they still will not take the advice they feel that you really don't know what your talking about and no matter the consequence they have to find out the hard way and then hopefully they learn the first time, yet many of us make the same mistake over and over and they my friend have learned Very little.

Algona

The point is someone had to make the mistake and you are one of the rare birds who is capable of learning from the mistakes of others, in our society how many out there will not listen to reason the answer is right in front of them but yet they still will not take the advice they feel that you really don't know what your talking about and no matter the consequence they have to find out the hard way and then hopefully they learn the first time, yet many of us make the same mistake over and over and they my friend have learned Very little.

No.

The idea that it is rare for folk to learn from the mistakes of others is demonstrably wrong and more preposterous then your original statement that it's a mistake to read other folk's mistakes.

One in game example: You know who builds Colosseum? Folk who haven't asked others about building Colosseum. Most folk don't build Colosseum because others advise them not to.

One out of game example: Why do most folk not leave their keys in the ignition? Because they had a car stolen that way? Or by learning from someone else not to leave their keys in their car?

Most folk learn most of what they know from others, not through actual experience.

If it were otherwise we'd still be reinventing the wheel.

DeletedUser42156

Every post you have written you ha have contraindicated your self, like I said someone could be anyone had to find out that the colosseum isn't the greatest building to have therefore "Mistake" someone made the mistake. You Must not have any kids lol. I guess you don't get the obvious I never said you have to make a mistake to learn something, you said that. Instead of arguing with yourself think!!!

barra370804

Every post you have written you ha have contraindicated your self, like I said someone could be anyone had to find out that the colosseum isn't the greatest building to have therefore "Mistake" someone made the mistake. You Must not have any kids lol. I guess you don't get the obvious I never said you have to make a mistake to learn something, you said that. Instead of arguing with yourself think!!!
Oh how do I say this...

YOU are the one contradicting yourself.

barra370804

That means you SHOULD read the mistakes!

you are one of the rare birds who is capable of learning from the mistakes of others
how many out there will not listen to reason the answer is right in front of them but yet they still will not take the advice they feel that you really don't know what your talking about and no matter the consequence they have to find out the hard way and then hopefully they learn the first time, yet many of us make the same mistake over and over and they my friend have learned Very little.
sounds like you're talking in 3rd person to me.

You Must not have any kids lol.
You must not have siblings lol. You have no idea how many times my brother has done something stupid and gotten in trouble for it. and like the SANE PERSON I AM, I never did those things!

Instead of arguing with yourself think
@Algona isn't the one that needs to stop and think here, and it's not me either.