• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Mistakes Ive made !

Jern2017

Yes, I'm 100℅ percent sure as well. I recently decided to buy expansions on my Iron Age world and had more than two available.

Vger

Thinking that I should do every single quest the game offered, for fear of missing out on some important aspect of the game.
And then not even recognizing that recurring quests were, oh...you know... recurring.
And I would win diamonds just often enough to convince me I was doing it right.

saknika

I thought of another I've done. :)

Back when I was first learning how rogues worked (long before I started playing in GvG), after I realized that with enough of them they don't actually suck, I thought to myself "Hey! If I take in all rogues, then they'll just perpetually change into rogues, right!?" Ahahahaha, how wrong I was. I couldn't surrender fast enough. LOL

Super Catanian

Daily Challenge: Doing the Easy/Moderate/Difficult Negotiation before looking at the other parts and realizing the last one is to finish 83x5 minute productions. Ouch. Especially since I just deleted half my production buildings. Temporary Hunters have been erected. :oops:
Has happened to me probably twice or thrice, but I learned quickly.

I thought of another I've done. :)

Back when I was first learning how rogues worked (long before I started playing in GvG), after I realized that with enough of them they don't actually suck, I thought to myself "Hey! If I take in all rogues, then they'll just perpetually change into rogues, right!?" Ahahahaha, how wrong I was. I couldn't surrender fast enough. LOL
:eek:o_O
Just look at my avatar. The only difference is that it is a pained facepalm rather than a regular one, mixed with a bit of sorrow and tears.

DeletedUser31540

Early on in my post 80 arc ventures i spent too many inventory fps on my own buildings — leaving me with a measly 8,000 fps on average to hunt for profit ... either via sniping or dropping 1.8-1.9 and doing spend fps / unbirthday RQs ... with such a low number to work with i always was running low and as a result i was making far less fps than i could have if i had access to more.

The funny thing was that i knew i was going about things in a less than ideal mannner but i was so fixated on leveling my gbs that i didnt really care that i was losing out on long term value

Nowadays i usually have between 25-35 thousand to work with which lets me spend liberally on my own buildings yet still have plenty left over to spend seeking profit

I know one guy that has a level 153 arc and 500,000+ fps to work with lol —- its crazy the heights one can reach in this game

Knowing how many fps to spend on yourself and how many to invest for profit is the hardest thing to get the hang of in my opinion

I believe my methodology is still far from optimal so this is ‘ a mistake ive made’ as well as ‘a mistake i continue to make’ lol... atleast i am aware of it and i guess im fine knowing this issue is still a work in progress :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40197

Early on in my post 80 arc ventures i spent too many inventory fps on my own buildings — leaving me with a measly 8,000 fps on average to hunt for profit ... either via sniping or dropping 1.8-1.9 and doing spend fps / unbirthday RQs ... with such a low number to work with i always was running low and as a result i was making far less fps than i could have if i had access to more.

The funny thing was that i knew i was going about things in a less than ideal mannner but i was so fixated on leveling my gbs that i didnt really care that i was losing out on long term value

Nowadays i usually have between 25-35 thousand to work with which lets me spend liberally on my own buildings yet still have plenty left over to spend seeking profit

I know one guy that has a level 153 arc and 500,000+ fps to work with lol —- its crazy the heights one can reach in this game

Knowing how many fps to spend on yourself and how many to invest for profit is the hardest thing to get the hang of in my opinion

I believe my methodology is still far from optimal so this is ‘ a mistake ive made’ as well as ‘a mistake i continue to make’ lol... atleast i am aware of it and i guess im fine knowing this issue is still a work in progress :)
I'm experiencing a similar issue right now. I had built up nearly 17 thousand fps, but between leveling my GBs and my 1.8 and 1.9 donations I've been running anywhere b/w 9 and 14 thousand, usually on the lower end... I keep telling myself to slow down and focus on the fp profit, but I don't seem to be following my own advice. Lessons learned the hard way, I suppose.

saknika

:eek:o_O
Just look at my avatar. The only difference is that it is a pained facepalm rather than a regular one, mixed with a bit of sorrow and tears.
Hahahaha, right? At least I only did that ONCE on purpose. I can't say it hasn't happened on accident when going rapid-fire in GvG, thinking I had a seed unit only to reach the results screen and see all rogues! :eek::eek::eek: