• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Mitigate ARC issues

missionMom

ARC issues
The ARC is both a blessing and a curse. In some ways, it wrecks the flow of the game by denying top positions when leveling GBs to those without ARCs. I'll explain my reasoning.

At high levels an ARC provides more than 100% boost to the fp earned by position #1 when a GB levels. This means a player who has a big lump of fp they need to use can jump in on GBs in their or other guilds and grab position 1 and take away more fp than they invested. Mainly, it denies position 1 and the bps and fps from a guild player who has patiently invested in the gb in search of bps and fps. If a fellow guild player does this his guildmates can censure him or even kick him out of the guild, but when outsiders poach there's nothing to be done.

If it were possible to limit contributions to a GB, just as one limits trades, to guild members only, it would eliminate outside poaching or sniping by those outside the guild. The choice of whether or not to limit would be with the owner of the gb. Please consider this possibility as a game enhancement.

Freshmeboy

I vote NO as well...part of the management of GBs is to make sure outside interests (snipers) can't steal a position. Using the swaps isn't always an effective means of securing spots but you do get return fps on a one-to-one basis. Your philosophy needs to change when swapping. You need to add a few more fps that DON'T get reimbursed if you want to keep that top slot. Too often, players are stingy with fps and demand that the 1-1 ratio be met at all times and outsiders are 'stealing' their spots. They aren't. They are GIVING away fps for the reward, medals and all. I did this before I owned an Arc, and do it now to build inventory and I snipe at a LOSS 99% of the time to create that inventory. You can too. Just have to wrap your head around inventory building starts like this....

DeletedUser8428

I'm a NO for sure. Restricting potential reward to only those players the owner wishes in any form (friends list, guild list, whatever) is contrary to the way that all GB behave and instituting that for a single GB is nonsense. So far, proposals for these kinds of limits for GB in general have been rejected.

And of course, OP did not read [READ BEFORE POSTING].
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/ and
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/do-not-suggest-list-read-before-posting.140/

DeletedUser31225

What is sniping? I add some fps to a GB but not enough to lock the slot I want. Thus it becomes my slot. Someone adds sufficient fps to lock that slot. So I am a victim of sniping. I am not paying the full price but still claim the product to be mine.

After I lose the slot I demand that owner unfriends his friends, that guild mates cannot have friends outside the guild. All this because I will not to pay the full amount for what I want.

And this helps the owner and the guild? It helps the guild because it allows me to take slot rewards by not paying enough fps as my guild mates are also adding fps but not enough to take away my slot? What about other guild mates who are also eyeing the slot? Who decides among my guild mates that I get to take the slot?

No to the proposal. If I want to compete with a high level Arc owner I should make effort to own a high level Arc first.

DeletedUser13736

my opinions have been stated above.
I vote...yes, but ONLY if the ARC can no longer be leveled beyond level 5. thataway you can only get 19% extra. 22% and beyond is too much.

Jern2017

I vote no.

I'm in the PE and recently acquired the Arc. I'm currently at 22% reward bonus. ANYONE from the Iron Age on can get the Arc if they are patient and resourceful enough.

It's like that with all great buildings. Patient players who take time to level their GBs gain an advantage over people who neglect GBs. No one is being forced to build anything, but don't complain if people who decide to build certain GBs have an advantage.

It's like saying "that guy with the CdM, Zeus and Aachen all leveled 10 is attacking me and it's not fair."

Also, I doubt there are lots of people with the Arc that gives them a 100% bonus. The highest I've seen was 92.5% and their Arc was like level 160.

qaccy

GB rewards are fine as-is. It's the Arc that's caused the problem, so that's what needs to be adjusted. A significant reduction in its effect would solve things pretty quickly.

However, it's also true that at this point it's pretty much too late to do anything about the Arc. Doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen, but considering how much money Inno makes when a few dozen players drop $150 each to buy an Arc immediately on a new server, it seems pretty unlikely.

DeletedUser26965

a few dozen players drop $150 each to buy an Arc immediately on a new server
I don't know about that, forgeDB showing only 19 on Angkor which has been open a month and a half now but they're certainly good at making sure new worlds catch main events;) maybe we should mitigate diamond issues, I mean really only one guild on the AA map, and with 44 sectors, and on a world that just opened a month and a half ago, sheesh, but then I couldn't play for free so meh.

DeletedUser32348

tenor.gif

DeletedUser31206

This isn't in a proper format but I wouldn't bother rewriting it. While some players don't like snipers they are not breaking the rules and are playing the game with a very sound strategy if not a likeable one.