Mobile Notifications no longer working?

World: US - Dunarsund
Browser and Version: Version 1.127.2 Mobile running on Android 8.1.0 (been on 8.1.0 for well over a month with no issues prior)
Description of the bug: Mobile notifications are no longer received for anything. A new expedition has started, I've hit max FPs, I've received new messages, Tavern has filled up, and I've finished productions. I receive no notifications. I've messed with the in-game setting to try and create notifications and I get nothing. I've logged out and back in and get nothing. I've tried my beta account as well and get nothing. I am using the Pixel XL. I have at least 2 friends who also use Android devices (One is a Galaxy 8 I believe and I think the other uses an LG of some kind) who also don't receive notifications.
How often this occurs: Permanent
I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes (Searched mobile notifications, notification, notifications and couldn't find anything)
Have you tried resolving your issue by using the hints in this sticky thread?: Yes

EDIT: Received the following response from my in-game ticket.

Hello Raoden the Elantrian,

Thank you for reporting this potential issue to us, Raoden the Elantrian. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. This issue is presently being worked on by the developers and will be repaired in an upcoming update.

Respectfully,

SLK350
Ingame Moderator
Forge of Empires, U.S.

Last edited:

JCera

I had a guildmate complaining of the same thing. He also uses an Android device.
I have push alerts enabled, but I have an iphone. Working fine there (FYI for those who fix things)

I had a guildmate complaining of the same thing. He also uses an Android device.
I have push alerts enabled, but I have an iphone. Working fine there (FYI for those who fix things)
Thanks! I was hoping at least that it was just Android devices. Should hopefully help them out.

Wywybello41

I have the same issue with my android device. No notifications that have worked perfectly for 2 years. Of course I did all the checks such as enabling notifications , allowing foe to use battery in background, disable power saving mode. Uninstall. Re install. Contacted support. First they said issue was known and being worked on for next update, which is the soccer event update. However, notes indicate there is no fix on main page when this update is released. I contacted support again and was basically told to make sure my notifications were turned on?? Expected more. Relied heavily on the push notifications, now it has created a lot of problems for production timing, etc. Not a happy forger right now.

Girlielalala

I have an android and about two weeks ago all my notifications stopped. The other day I updated the app and they are all working again. Although now my settlement notifications (in game alert) only work half the time.

Oswyn the kind

iam 99% on mobile myself and had no known issues to add. even though there are some small glicks and glunks, nothing worried about

Reesedogg

Got a response from support, and surprise... it's the EXACT same response that was sent to Raoden the Elantrian over a YEAR ago. so I guess my question now is how far up the chain of support do I have to go before I find somebody that actually gives a f@#k about these affected users's issue?

Clara Osgood

This issue just started happening for me. Did anyone get a successful resolution to this problem?
Got a response from support, and surprise... it's the EXACT same response that was sent to Raoden the Elantrian over a YEAR ago. so I guess my question now is how far up the chain of support do I have to go before I find somebody that actually gives a f@#k about these affected users's issue?

You necro'd a Bug report thread whose last past was 13 months ago. Since then, absolutely no one's reported it as an ongoing issue here - so, it got resolved way back then. Think about it... no one here has mentioned it in over a year & you yourself haven't been experiencing it at all til right now.

Therefore, your current problem is a new onset one (even though of a problem that has occurred in the past as well). You're not helping resolution of your current issue by talking about it here in an ancient thread. You say you got that same response:

"... This issue is presently being worked on by the developers and will be repaired in an upcoming update"

... after reporting it to in game support - an acknowledgment that they already know about the issue & fix is pending.

Yet, you're ticked off that no one at Inno "gives a f@#k"??? Golly, patience is most definitely a virtue you have in very, very short supply. You only posted yesterday that the issue "just started happening" to you. Why in the world you expect Inno to fix it in a day or two is beyond me.

Just keep checking the app store for when the next FoE update is released & download it. If issue still happening, put in another game ticket or create a new Bug report on forum outling it.

Clara Osgood

I have an android and about two weeks ago all my notifications stopped. The other day I updated the app and they are all working again. Although now my settlement notifications (in game alert) only work half the time.
Settlement notifications/that big red "!" Over the ship when some production has completed are currently known issues going on for past few weeks. Changelog Announcement for upcoming update states fix is in that update

Reesedogg

You necro'd a Bug report thread whose last past was 13 months ago. Since then, absolutely no one's reported it as an ongoing issue here - so, it got resolved way back then. Think about it... no one here has mentioned it in over a year & you yourself haven't been experiencing it at all til right now.

Therefore, your current problem is a new onset one (even though of a problem that has occurred in the past as well). You're not helping resolution of your current issue by talking about it here in an ancient thread. You say you got that same response:

"... This issue is presently being worked on by the developers and will be repaired in an upcoming update"

... after reporting it to in game support - an acknowledgment that they already know about the issue & fix is pending.

Yet, you're ticked off that no one at Inno "gives a f@#k"??? Golly, patience is most definitely a virtue you have in very, very short supply. You only posted yesterday that the issue "just started happening" to you. Why in the world you expect Inno to fix it in a day or two is beyond me.

Just keep checking the app store for when the next FoE update is released & download it. If issue still happening, put in another game ticket or create a new Bug report on forum outling it.

Let me be CLEAR:

I have plenty of patience...I just don't suffer fools much.
1) Even though it has not been reported HERE, that does NOT mean it hasn't been reported by others to support.
2) I don't think you know anymore than I do whether or not the issue was resolved for the O.P. It's entirely possible that the issue was never resolved and the user stopped playing the game and therefore never responded in the post as to whether the issue was fixed. You shouldn't make the mistake of so many that consider a forum post as a sufficiently large enough sample size upon which to draw a valid hypothesis.
3) If I'm reporting the exact same problem a year later, then effectively any hypothetical fix that may have been pushed in the at least 10 fixes (before you try to rebut this point,I looked at the changelog and did a count) is negated because more than zero users are reporting the issue as broken.
4) It would be incorrect for you to infer from my post how long this issue has been occurring for me. The only thing that should be inferred is that it's been happening longer than it should.

Stephen Longshanks

Forum Moderator
4) It would be incorrect for you to infer from my post how long this issue has been occurring for me. The only thing that should be inferred is that it's been happening longer than it should.
Really? Then why did you say:
This issue just started happening for me.
And while I'm at it.
2) I don't think you know anymore than I do whether or not the issue was resolved for the O.P. It's entirely possible that the issue was never resolved and the user stopped playing the game and therefore never responded in the post as to whether the issue was fixed. You shouldn't make the mistake of so many that consider a forum post as a sufficiently large enough sample size upon which to draw a valid hypothesis.
The O.P. shows as still consistently active, so I believe it is safe to assume he got the problem resolved and found no need to come back and post about it again.

Clara Osgood

I don't think you know anymore than I do whether or not the issue was resolved for the O.P. It's entirely possible that the issue was never resolved and the user stopped playing the game and therefore never responded in the post as to whether the issue was fixed. You shouldn't make the mistake of so many that consider a forum post as a sufficiently large enough sample size upon which to draw a valid hypothesis.
Why are you allowed to drawing conclusions & assumptions from a small "sample size" of forum posts in this thread from over a year ago, while I'm not allowed to do so?

You concluded from 4 posts from over a year ago, zero posts made by absolutely anyone on the forums since then on the issue, & zero knowlege as to any in-game reporting of the issue (other than your own) that it's "possible the OP quit the game". Wow, quite a big stretch of imagination there. Not that he got issue fixed & just didn't tell folks here about it. Not that he got frustrated/gave up asking on forums about it. But, that he actually quit playing altogether.

If I'm reporting the exact same problem a year later, then effectively any hypothetical fix that may have been pushed in the at least 10 fixes (before you try to rebut this point,I looked at the changelog and did a count) is negated because more than zero users are reporting the issue as broken.
Ummm... you mean the issue from a year ago can't possibly have been fixed whatsoever despite several game updates over that time because you ("more than zero users") currently are experiencing that issue? Lol. You stated on Sunday that the issue "just started happening" to you - not for greater than a year, not for several months, etc (& it's not like you're a brand new player, since your forum join date is 2015).

Gosh, couldn't possibly be that an old problem was fixed & working fine, but recently broke again... cuz that never happens... once something gets fixed it never can break again. Right?

It would be incorrect for you to infer from my post how long this issue has been occurring for me. The only thing that should be inferred is that it's been happening longer than it should.
On Sunday - 2 days ago - you stated here the issue "just started happening" to you. Once again... you didn't say for many weeks, for few months, for over a year. Given your impatience & indignation expressed here, I don't think you'd only be saying it "Just started" if indeed it'd been going on for you for many weeks/months.

You recently began having mobile notification problems. You sent in-game ticket to report it. Support replied, confirming the issue & that they're already working on fixing it. Furthermore, Support said that fix will be included in a future update. But apparently only a relatively short time being broken is already far, far too long for your liking. So, you're here bemoaning the incompetence of it all. :rolleyes:

Reesedogg

Stephen Longshanks and Clara Osgood:
What is your purpose in this thread? You've chosen to insert yourself into my post regarding an issue I'm having that is inhibiting my enjoyment of this game. You've offered no solutions, no attempt at substantive questions regarding my issue or, quite frankly, anything that has been helpful. I would agree that my expressed level of frustration would be a bit outrageous after only a day...and with my agreeing on that point, the thoughtful person might start to think, "maybe this issue has been happening longer than what I've inferred from the date of a forum post..", instead of "I must defend Inno against a user's legitimate issue".

Stephen Longshanks

Forum Moderator
Stephen Longshanks and Clara Osgood:
What is your purpose in this thread? You've chosen to insert yourself into my post regarding an issue I'm having that is inhibiting my enjoyment of this game. You've offered no solutions, no attempt at substantive questions regarding my issue or, quite frankly, anything that has been helpful. I would agree that my expressed level of frustration would be a bit outrageous after only a day...and with my agreeing on that point, the thoughtful person might start to think, "maybe this issue has been happening longer than what I've inferred from the date of a forum post..", instead of "I must defend Inno against a user's legitimate issue".
What is your purpose on this year old thread? The proper course of action when you have an in-game issue is to contact in-game support, which you did. Then, if you wish to see if others are currently having the same issue, you can come to the Forum and see if there is a CURRENT thread about it. If so, you add your experience to the thread. If not, you start your own new thread in Bug Reports. Asking on a year old thread if anyone knows what happened back then serves no purpose.