• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Modern Era Question

Lankybrit

Hi,

I'm about to move up to Modern Era on one World. I know that it's the first to have refined goods. All my GBs will now produce un-refined goods. However, I'm unsure about what special event buildings will produce. If I upgrade one to Modern, will it give refined goods or 2 x un-refined goods? What about Sleigh Builders and Wishing Wells etc? Will they produce refined or un-refined goods?

Thanks very much.

Agent327

Special event buildings will alwaysproduce current age goods, so in your case if you move up Modern Era goods.

Cyrus the Adequate

Special event buildings will always produce current age goods, so in your case if you move up Modern Era goods.
All Event buildings, or just some of them?
Is this telling me that once you hit Modern Era it's time to dump the direct goods buildings and focus on event buildings only....? If so, I've been selling the wrong stuff at the AD.....:oops:

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

I never have a goods building past Bronze Age anymore when I start a new city. GBs up through Progressive Era and event/special buildings at every point in the game fulfill the need for goods very well. About the only time I build a regular goods building is to fulfill a quest.

Kranyar the Mysterious

All Event buildings, or just some of them?
Is this telling me that once you hit Modern Era it's time to dump the direct goods buildings and focus on event buildings only....? If so, I've been selling the wrong stuff at the AD.....:oops:
I'd agree 100%. You've probably been selling the wrong stuff.

Event buildings long ago made regular goods buildings irrelevant for all ages.

A decently leveled Chateau Frontenac and recurring quests makes goods oriented event buildings irrelevant too unless they have another boost/reward that keeps them relevant, along with regular goods buildings.