• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

monastery override GB bonus?

DeletedUser7783

I was currently getting 35% defense/atk bonus from my GBs, but i notice now after placing a monastery in my city, my defending army is only getting 20% defense bonus instead of 55% which is where is would be with both bonuses together. is this a bug or what is causing this issue?

DeletedUser2145

Firstly, the attack/defense (offense) bonus applies for your attacking army. The Monastery gives only defense bonus that applies to your defending army. So you would not have 55% defense with it, you'd still have 35% when attacking but now you'd have 20% when you're defending as well.

The bonus in battles is applied correctly, it is in the army management window that the display overrides itself, though that is presently being worked on by the developers. :)

DeletedUser7783

odd since it always showed a defense bonus for defending army, just no atk bonus, and both atk and def for atking army.

DeletedUser4844

Here's another way to look at it. The bonus when you attack is determined by levels in Zues, Aachen, and Castel del Monte. If you read those GBs carefully it says that those bonuses are when attacking. Those bonuses apply to your troops' attack and defense when you are attacking. More specifically, you get +5% per level of GB on both troops' attack and defense when attacking.

The bonus when you are attacked is determined by the monastery, any watchfires you may have, levels in Deal Castle GB and levels in Saint Basil's Cathedral GB. If you read those carefully it will say that you get the bonus while defending, and only on troops' defense while defending. More specifically, monasteries can give +20%, each watchfire gives +4%, and each level in those two GBs can give +10% to troops' defense while defending. If you do not have levels in these two GBs and you do not have any watchfires but you do have a monastery you will get +20% to defending troops' defense, and no bonus to their attack ever.

There is an occasional graphical glitch in the unit selection screen where bonuses do not display properly. When you actually attack someone, or when you look at the video of your units' defending your territory when you get attacked you can hover over the units and see the actual bonus. This display is not glitchy.

DeletedUser9189

A Dangerous Bug for new Monastery Owners

I was currently getting 35% defense/atk bonus from my GBs, but i notice now after placing a monastery in my city, my defending army is only getting 20% defense bonus instead of 55% which is where is would be with both bonuses together. is this a bug or what is causing this issue?

No, it doesn't override anything because the GB bonus you're seeing is a bug. DO NOT DELETE YOUR MONASTERY like I did. Before the monastery your true defensive bonus was 0% but a bug in the army management tool showed it to be 35% -- inline with your offensive bonus.

CM