• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Monastery

DeletedUser27544

I just got Tarmelmann province and those 100 diamonds the reward was, but no monastery :( I had I quest to conquer 4 sectors and hidden reward to it, which tuned out to be only 5 gold, which I already have boost for :/ So what did I miss? :(
At least I've been told in guild and in-game chat that monastery comes as a reward to acquiring the whole Tarmelmann...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ylisaveta

Someone told me, and I wish I could remember who it was, that if you didn't pay Rinbin the jester and do all his quests (significantly, they mention helping the poor and unhappy), you don't get the monastery because you weren't charitable. I am not sure that is true, but why don't you contact support? It can't hurt, and they mght be able to give you the quest(s) again so you can get it.

DeletedUser27544

yes, I guess I could send a ticket... then yet I didn't skip much on quests, but who knows! by the time my scout got to Tarmelmann, the rewards didn't mention monastery, my guess it was the hidden reward, then it turned it was at all, so yea, thanks Ylisaveta! :)
btw are you on H, O or S world? your name sounds familiar :)

PS: I got it! I had to do 3 more tiny army quests and I got it now :) Thanks a lot anyway!! <3

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27718

I got a Monastery a long time ago, but I wouldn't be concerned about getting one,
because Watchfires are MUCH more efficient.
A 3x3 Monastery requires a road, and only provides 20% city defense boost,
while 9 1x1 Watchfires requires NO roads and provides 36% city defense boost.
Watchfires, being only 1x1, can be placed anywhere in your city.
In lieu of sufficient Watchfires, though, it does provide a quick, significant boost.

DeletedUser30073

I know the Monastery is 20% to defense, and I also know that it's not upgradable but my question is, does it stack with other defense bonuses?

DeletedUser29580

I have the Monastery and I know it offers a +20% bonus to defense for city. Is this reflected somewhere that can be observed? (When hovering over the unit assigned to city defense for example).

DeletedUser

I have the Monastery and I know it offers a +20% bonus to defense for city. Is this reflected somewhere that can be observed? (When hovering over the unit assigned to city defense for example).
If you're playing on PC, you can go to your town hall and see what your various boosts are made up of. It will show you exactly what factors make up your defense army boost.

Marina Kalinin

Hey there, I did the Barbarians questline, acquired Tarmelmann, and got the monastery. There was also "Celates" (sp?). Is he an emissary or what?