• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Unformatted More diversity

Queen Georgina

Although there are a scant number of profiles representing people of color the game needs more of them. It also needs to broaden the ages to include more main story lines beyond European history. In today's world a Euro-centric view of culture is becoming much less acceptable. If you want more dedicated gamers you need to represent a wider diversity of cultures and avatars.

Whereas I agree with the premise of your idea wholeheartedly, I do not feel as though you are giving INNO the credit deserved for making a full spectrum of culturally diverse backgrounds an active element of the game. Please do not believe that the skin tone of the avatar being displayed is always representative of the player. Also, games do not need to be diverse in order to be successful; they, most often, simply need to be profitable. Just curious though, if there were more diverse story lines what would they "look" like to you? If you are presenting a recommendation for change, please be embolden to also offer your personal ideas for the change, because what may be a diverse representation to you may not be adequate or acceptable to others.

RazorbackPirate

Thanks for the virtue signal.

This game is what it is. Inno will not be adding retroactive ages. To explore other ages and cultures, they gave us settlements. As of now there are three. One with an Asian culture, one with an African culture, and one with a European culture.

If that doesn't work for you, this might not be the game for you.

rajavno1

Thanks for the virtue signal.

This game is what it is. Inno will not be adding retroactive ages. To explore other ages and cultures, they gave us settlements. As of now there are three. One with an Asian culture, one with an African culture, and one with a European culture.

If that doesn't work for you, this might not be the game for you.
Are you the spokesperson for Inno? Has Inno stopped developing or modifying the game further?

DreadfulCadillac

i...i...i...i...
WE ALREADY IN ASTEROID BELT! humans are probaably combined with robots by now!its WAY TO LATE to suggest this!
Also, we have cultrual settlements.
I support the profile picture thing though.

RazorbackPirate

I do notice that the original Continent Map still has plenty of clouded areas, where Inno could insert a Bonus Quest line, with new provinces and quests and rewards...
It appears as if Inno originally planned for a bonus quest line after CA, but decided against it. While Inno could still technically insert something there, that ship sailed long ago when they introduced Indy.

rajavno1

I did no such thing. I spoke facts. I don't need any authority to know them and relay them. I pretend nothing.
you also seem to mistake assertions for arguments.

next time try being less snarky in feedback threads. it's not your job or place to say if it will be done or not.

RazorbackPirate

next time try being less snarky in feedback threads. it's not your job or place to say if it will be done or not.
Inno has already stated what I stated in my post. Fact. That you don't want to agree with those facts is irrelevant. It doesn't make the facts any less true. I'm not arguing a thing. There's nothing to argue.

mamboking053

This forum has a number of people like him and the mods seem to give it a pass so don't even bother calling it out. If you're going to ask a question here that criticizes Inno prepare yourself for immediate attack on character and insults which may or may not be followed by useful information.

You weren't virtue signalling and, yes, there is a lack of diversity in portraits and such. The portraits can be improved and Inno might be able to do things concerning other cultures in upcoming events the same way we can do Japan in the Spring event. The future is full of opportunity.

DeletedUser34415

Although there are a scant number of profiles representing people of color the game needs more of them. It also needs to broaden the ages to include more main story lines beyond European history. In today's world a Euro-centric view of culture is becoming much less acceptable. If you want more dedicated gamers you need to represent a wider diversity of cultures and avatars.
I'd love to see this happen too.