• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

More Observatory Prints in GE Level One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackay131

Proposal
Making more Obs Prints as rewards available in GE Level One

Details
Increasing the probability of Observatory Prints as rewards in GE Level One. This will encourage lower level players to attempt GE and alleviate a Treasury Shortfall to allow opening of GE Levels.

Abuse Prevention
No apparent issues

Visual Aids
None

Conclusion
Will improve participation for Lower Level Players in GE and relieve higher level players of having to make goods to open GE.

DeletedUser40495

I would support the proposal if the prints were given in levels 3 and 4. Observatory prints are really rare and handing them out to any old joe who can do GE level 1 sort of cheapens them you know? They don’t give out out Terrace Farms and Reno Kits in GE 1... all of the good prizes are saved for later, harder levels.

Salsuero

I vote no. I'm not in favor of more prints of any kind at any point in GE. If players want Observatory prints, they can donate to Observatories, which helps those Observatories level up, which is also good for guilds.

Super Catanian

-1 for all reasons above.
Observatory BPs are meant to be available only in events or by donating to others. Once you manage to get them, coming up with the Goods is super easy! 10 of each BA Good. Goods wise, it is the second cheapest GB, besides the Oracle of Delphi.

DeletedUser8428

Apologies for upsetting people. I thought the idea was reasonable and had merit.
? I don't think you 'upset' anyone - for the most part, people know this is a GAME. But it's clear that other players don't agree with your idea.

Mackay131

Lower level players make demands indirectly on GE for goods via Treasury. Clearly there has been a change with introduction of GE, and ab intitio players are being excluded from some Guilds as they have requirement for Observatory for entry. My Guild has a shortfall in EMA goods and presently several players are having to build factories and donate. Whilst our kindness may not be appreciated by the hoi polloi, it is a bit of a drag perhaps. Any player here who comments against the idea and is in a Guild where lower level players are either excluded or have a mandatory Observatory as an entry requirement might find others having a puzzle with their position. The game has altered and if newer players are to be accommodated in existing worlds then a change is indicated, is it not?

DeletedUser40495

Lower level players make demands indirectly on GE for goods via Treasury. Clearly there has been a change with introduction of GE, and ab intitio players are being excluded from some Guilds as they have requirement for Observatory for entry. My Guild has a shortfall in EMA goods and presently several players are having to build factories and donate. Whilst our kindness may not be appreciated by the hoi polloi, it is a bit of a drag perhaps. Any player here who comments against the idea and is in a Guild where lower level players are either excluded or have a mandatory Observatory as an entry requirement might find others having a puzzle with their position. The game has altered and if newer players are to be accommodated in existing worlds then a change is indicated, is it not?
@Mackay131, if a player needs an observatory they can easily contribute to other players observatories for prints. And most guilds don’t require observatories anyway, so they aren’t as essential as you make them seem. It’s honestly best to get an arc for guild treasury goods because the arc also benefits the individual player as well as the guild.

DeletedUser30312

Neutral on it. Though I'm leaning slightly against, since Inno seems to prefer keeping them an event prize. Guild who want new members to acquire Observatories should make sure there's a means for the players to acquire them though.

BruteForceAttack

GE goes on for ever...week after week... Once the person hunting OBS bps gets the bps, he may not like getting more and more bps that he may not use. In your case, just one person in your guild needs to have an obs, after that rest of the folks who need obs can simply donate fps to that obs to gain bps.

Jern2017

GE goes on for ever...week after week... Once the person hunting OBS bps gets the bps, he may not like getting more and more bps that he may not use. In your case, just one person in your guild needs to have an obs, after that rest of the folks who need obs can simply donate fps to that obs to gain bps.
I completely agree.

KungQu

In the current event there was ample opportunity to get Observatory blueprints by using the proper players. Yes, if you don't have an Observatory you are excluded from some guilds, but most guilds will help you obtain blueprints through an Observatory leveling program. I think its easier than ever to get Observatory blueprints. It's never taken me more than a month on 5 different worlds. You have to work at it, but its doable and part of the game.

Salsuero

a Guild where lower level players are either excluded or have a mandatory Observatory as an entry requirement might find others having a puzzle with their position
Guild membership isn't a guarantee. Any guild can have any barrier to entry it desires and that shouldn't be frowned upon. This is a game and if you want to be in a guild, you get with the program... or find another guild. It doesn't make any sense that a rookie should be allowed into a closed guild just because said rookie wants to join it. Part of this game is accomplishing things, is it not? One goal -- let's say that's to join the guild of your dreams -- needs to be accomplished by playing the game, not by being irritated that there are requirements you don't yet meet to accomplish said goal.

Guild who want new members to acquire Observatories should make sure there's a means for the players to acquire them though.
There are plenty of ways to get them... why is this a guild's responsibility? You want to join the guild... not the other way around. Now, if the guild tries to recruit openly and then has that barrier with no offer of helping to overcome it, that's kind of dumb. But short of going out and begging someone to join, only to refuse them because of such a rule, it's up to individual players to play the game, not the guild to play it for them. Just my 2¢.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
In short.

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.